Is the rut bad?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by EvilSkuzzi, Jan 9, 2011.

1. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Ive been on team Adult for a long time now. We've lived together 8 year and been together 12.

2. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

Business or kids? Business.

You can always dissolve your business if you want to go with having kids. Dissolving your kids forces you to face all these "legal issues".

You obviously have the drive for business now, so strike while it's hot.

Plus, something could come up with the kid, like autism. That will up the level of shit you can't do anymore from 75% to 99%, with a much lower rate of the child aging-out. Granted, it's not likely, but if you're making a decision like this then you need to take into account that something big could happen with your child that would increase your burden far greater than the usual stuff that goes with having a kid.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Rut? I don't see a rut. I see middle age creeping up and grabbing your ass.

If you want kids have kids. If you don't, then don't. Don't quit business plans or sacrifice a possible venture because of it either. Succeed or fail, you'll regret it forever if you don't take your shot.

Just my two pence,

4. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Well I love those wee ones and IMO a baby brings nothing but happiness but just my opinion bro. i know you love kids but this is a decision between you and your wife. I am sure her biological clock is ticking & sure she will agree with you but then you have to think will she have regrets? Just saying is all...

All I know is there is NO right time to have a baby as Bud pointed out. Hope you both are on board with your decision & neither have regrets. :) Sending ya positive vibes you can make a decision.

Only thing I need to ask, did you both discuss this before getting married?? Anywhos, good luck and let us know what the final decision is. BTW.....it is the most unconditional love you will ever have. No love compares and it makes one unselfish or most. ;)

:anibong: :anibong: :anibong:

5. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I normally don't disagree with you TF, but this time I must. I made that choice years ago. I chose to start and run businesses and put off having kids. Now, 20 years later (Time flies when you are starting up and running a business), it looks like my wife and I may not be able to have kids. We are in our mid-forties and are having a hard time of it, though we keep trying.

I say have a kid or kids now and work your business at the same time. It will be harder, but many, many people do it.

If we had kids back then, he/she would be out of the house by now...