GrowKind Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ScottyG420, Aug 17, 2011.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Not sure what you're asking, nc. Any QB (a starting QB) you use at this point will score points. Nobody is on a bye this soon. Your points for the wk. are (1) QB, (2) RB, (2) WR, (1) RB/WR, (1) TE, (1) K, and (1) DEF. Those players are at the top of your team; the rest are at the bottom, listed as Bench. Get it? Although the bench guys may be scoring points, they don't get you any for that wk.; just the positions I've listed.

It'll be interesting to see what team the computer picks today for my 2nd league. I live 5 mins. from work. I should've told them I'd work, but had to leave for 1 1/2hr. (others leave for appts.)!!!

Fuck it. First time for everything.

2. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

astro

not really fair that i ask you that as you havent been to the site to see what we have...as there are more players at the top and the bench players are at the bottom...so maybe this draft we get more points as there are more players...

hey scotty help needed.please..thanks....

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I'm sure it's the same as the Yahoo league I'm in.

Put your best in the positions at the top. As the season progresses, bench whoever has a bye wk.

4. ncmaineac

my team

when i go to my team they list the players that i picked and from the top to bottom there are

qb

qb

wr

wr

wr

rb

rb

rb

rb

te

te

w/r

w/r

then 6 bench players

k

k

def

def

and they have the names beside them...so when you say i should have a qb and a rb and a wr..not sure what you mean, sorry

my problem is that i have peyton manning and he wont be playing much this near till maybe the end of the year..i either need to trade and get the replacement or if they just count one qb then i have big ben as a replacement...but if i need two qb's i will need to draft kerry collins as he is still available....

thanks to anyone that can help...

ncm

5. ncmaineac

dropped add

i dropped a bench player and added kerry collins to my team...hope thats kewl...now i guess i just change kerry from a bench player to a starter....please confirm...thanks

6. ncmaineac

last post for now

damn...ok i just traded places with kerry collins to a starter and mental manning (guy waits until last day to get fixed) is now on the bench

i guess thats right...lol

thanks

ncm

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Here's your problem. Listen up, God damn it :lmao:

Yahoo lists them like a retard. Apparently so does NFL.com, but ESPN lists all the 'BN' at the very bottom.

Every position, including bench, is listed top-to-bottom, then K, then DEF. In any case, at the far left it either says the position or 'BN'. The 'positions' are your team for the wk., the 'BN' are your bench/reserve guys and score you no points.

8. ncmaineac

well if that is true

than we have 14 players that are scoring points for us...

9. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

No. Nine.

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF.

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Dude. I just read-over my previous reply and it's not me...it's you; unless you count 'then 6 bench players' as a position :rofl6:

Once it makes sense, you won't believe how easy it is.

11. ncmaineac

found it

i found the page your were talking about and it has all the players positions on the far left and in ours we have 14 players we also have 6 bench players as well...

we have

2 qbs

3 wr

4 rbs

2 te

2 w/r

2 k

2 def

all of them get points....i already have 13.50 points for jordy nelson of green bay....so far 2nd quarter 36 yds and a td....yahhh....

so you must be able to have the settings you want to how many you want to score...

pretty sure thats correct....i bet you can set some for seven and some for more or whatever....

12. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

ok next year ill have to try this fantasy stuff... a fun opening night game for sure... awesome run backs

13. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Here's what happened: I set up the roster positions and when I did I fucked up. Somehow I set up 20-man rosters where we all have 2 QBs etc. Its a mishap, but it reminds me of the first time I played FFL. There was a similar roster set up. It's all about points and in the end it works for ya and against ya.

14. I got destroyed by rodgers and a few others last night.

How do you have the scoring set up?

15. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I was reading that anyone league with over 10 teams is suppose to have 2 qbs, I was worried because I couldn't figure out to "start" one of them and have the other as a back up.

Live and Learn... shit I bengal D, I thought I would just use them on Steelers off week by app I have to use them every week...total BS.

Wait until next year

16. ncmaineac

peyton manning

hey nippie at least you didnt pick peyton manning as your number one qb....damn...

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I know I told you to watch injury reports :lmao:

Now I see where the confusion is.

It's too much playing 2 QB's, 4 RB's, etc. IMO

I have a hard enough time managing 9 players!

18. ncmaineac

hard???

this shit couldnt be any easier..i know about 75% of what i need to know in about 5 hours...not bad...hell..how much do you need to konw about a game that you dont have to be there for the beginning middle or end...just sign up and it auto does everything...lol

i picked up kerry collins and i am thinking he might be a sleeper....he can sling the ball and thats all they do in indy...we will see..if they can keep him off his backside....

thanks again evryone for the help

ncm

ps now astro you see why i was going crazy with the number of players....damn that was confusing...

19. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

If Collins has a nice comeback, he does have the weapons. I believe I have Wayne.

If you're serious, the more players, the harder it is. It's hard enough to keep-up with each one in a 9. Injurys, def. playing them that wk., etc. If Collins bombs, any offensive Colt's stock drops bigtime. I'm sure I'll be dropping Wayne.

20. ncmaineac

if you dont know

you can go to your fantasy football page and click on match up and it shows how you are doing against your weekly opponent. real time points update....have fun

just fyi

ncm