Friday's mini drama with my new Probation Oficer

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ResinRubber, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Since I can't toke sleep is getting hard to come by......so I figured I'd share the latest drama. Funny thing is, it pertains to guns and the gubbermint which seems to be a hot topic lately.

Last Friday I met my new Probation Officer. Seemed to be a decent young lady. We sat in her office, did the usual intake procedures and she handed me an outline of my probation to sign. After reading it over I handed it back saying that I couldn't sign it because it was incorrect. She had specified "No use or ownership of firearms".

When I settled the case this was a bone of contention with the Prosecutor and later with the judge. My plea was an adjudicated sentence in which I plead guilty, the plea is stayed and I play nice for 3 years. At the end of which the case is dismissed and the plea withdrawn....no record...no felony conviction. Technically there is never a conviction so I never give up my right to bear arms or vote. Both are a VERY big deal to me. After haggling in court the judge saw it my way and agreed. He amended my paperwork allowing me to retain my firearms and I gave my official plea.

After pointing this out to the now annoyed bureaucrat she flatly stated she disagreed and would not rewrite her outline but added next to the "NO FIRARMS" line "Per Judge XYZ".

I pointed out that it now appeared as if Judge XYZ explicitly states NO FIREARMS which is contrary to his ruling. To which she replied, "the Judge has no authority to make such an arrangement so I will NOT change it".

I responded that her argument is not with me but the Judge and she should call him for clarification which she refused to do. Exasperated, I excused myself to go call my attorney to have him clarify what my next move should be. He had me bring her my phone and read the riot act to the now bitchy little fucking PO tart.

She grunted acknowledgement of the error. But not willing to give in entirely and rewrite her Probation outline she whited out the offending line ON THE FIRST PAGE OF A TRIPLICATE CARBON FORM leaving the remaining pages still showing the original incorrect wording then insisted that I sign them as is. Once again I point out her error and start dialing.

The bitch then had the audacity to tell me that I was being petty and asked snidely "are there any more problems with this you care to get bothered with MR. RESsssIIIIiiinnnRUBBER?" as she flipped pages making a flourish with each stroke of her wrist. After quietly reading the corrected pages I calmly stated they were correct and signed each page individually initialing the corrected line adding my own; "per case #000 per Judge XYZ" (just to piss her off)

When we finished she made a phone call and informed me I'd be meeting my NEW new Probation Officer June 30 and she'd not being seeing me again.:roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl:

2. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

damn rr

if its not one thing its a "resinrubber"

i couldnt help it...:roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl:

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

fuck yea like your gonna just sign over your rights!!! Ill bet the judge would be interested in knowing the probation officer claimed he did not have any rights to let you keep your guns and right to vote!!!

She sounds like a bright one should get a job somewhere swabbing out toilets!!!

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6

4. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I don't like guns and even I think she's a bitch!

5. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Sounds like she's got some control issues.

6. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

RR u are my idol! Thats nuttz man and good for you. Ive been on probation 2 times and dont like to stop smking so back talk like that never came outta my mouth. Good for you man that u stuck it to the bitch and now she knows she cant pull ne bullshit with u so she dumped u off on the next fucked up fuck face! Man i love to read this shit!!!:thumbs-up:

7. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Way to go Res! :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

It's about damn time we stood up for ourselves!!! That is absolute BS and she is just another POS government employee who thinks she is ABOVE THE LAW! I was very happy to read the outcome of your situation, being that she had to "fix" the supposed error.

Nicely done, and way to stick it to the bitch, fuck her!

Peace

-LM

8. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Probabtion officers are usually ppl who don't get accepted by any police force. It supposedly takes an Administration of Justice degree but i doubt it. I was on parole/probie for FOREVER my last Po was sweet he never piss tested me and made me come in once a month and actually let me make appts. Some make you sit in the office till your name is called so you wait with a room of women beaters and drunks for 2 or 3 hours YAY.

Good to hear you did retain your right to firearms...DSP

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

That's a funny story RR. Good for you for not letting that bitch push you around! They think, now that you've been to court and seen the judge that you're just another run of the mill reject that always ends up in her office. I hate it when a bureaucrat thinks that their position and job title makes then the almighty all knowing authority on the given topic or job to be performed. Most of them take their jobs waaaaay too seriously! Even POS DMV employees have that same attitude! I love the sign in the DMV that says "threatening a state or federal employee is a crime and will be prosecuted" If those fat lazy fucking POS lumps of meat behind the counter would do their job properly and maybe with a tiny bit of courtesy and respect, then maybe they wouldn't need a sign to tell people not to threaten them!:roffl: I'm glad you got that bitch to make the necessary corrections, and I'm glad to hear that you worked out a deal to allow you to avoid a felony conviction. Keep us posted.

10. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Glad to hear your not letting them push you around. It's just SOP for them to "run the show", so for you to show her what she's supposed to do is unacceptable for her.:laugh: I'm sure she got DRUNK Friday night and cussed you pretty good.:roll:

After knowing several people who have been "popped", it's nice to see someone get their rights preserved, even if it's only after "playing the game" for 3 years.

I suppose you didn't tell her, So Mrs. P.O., I suppose a :bj: is outta the question?":roll::spin::laugh:

11. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Mission accomplished! :thumbs-up:

12. ResinRubber

I can handle 3 yrs of just about anything Rky......she was kinda cute. Think she'd have gone for it?

T6- I'd lipped off to a judge in my younger years and knew without a doubt that she did NOT want to tangle with him over his ability to make decisions in HIS court. On their bench they are god. That's the threat my attorney made when she finally gave in...to have Judge XYZ call her to affirm his decision.

Herb- Yup!

Boa- Play the game when you have to but NEVER give up your power.

Thanks for the support guys, I figgered you'd get a chuckle out of this one.

13. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Nice :thumbs-up:

Sounds like your the first one who wouldn't cave. Knowledge is Power. Be Informed.

When I was about 15, I answered the door (female PO) in my underwear. Fuck it!

14. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I could deff. see u doin that u crazy fuck! LOL doin this dance :nanner-2: lmao

RR- hope i never have to ever do that again! But if it does my Laywer schooled me at my last court date on what to do if i ever do get myself into some shit. I now carry his card with all my rights on the back, and at the bottom it says call this number for any questions that you have for my client. Kinda looks like you with a fuck the law type of additude. But enough bla bla man. Cant wait to shake ur hand in person!

15. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

That's awesome RR. I hate probation officers.

Way to stand up!

Peace.....

16. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Great story Res :roffl: :thumbsup:

I'd have loved to see her gettin her panties all in a twist when you didn't back down, and while she was on the phone with your attorney.

YEAH!! :coolbounce:

17. buds4ever

buds4ever Lost in the woods

Well done!!!:beerchug-2: :beerchug-2:

18. ResinRubber

Just hanging this morning and figured I'd share an update.

Met the NEW P.O. last week. Helluva a guy and a breath of fresh air. Walked into his office and saw pics of him hunting all over the walls, a plus in my book. 40 something Veteran with a no bullshit attitude.

Sat down and he asked me to tell him about myself and how I came to be in his office. After a brief bio and hearing my story he checked my record, which consists of this one charge, and looked at my previous P.O.'s report.

After a minute of silence he says, "So she didn't want you to keep your firearms on an adjudicated plea? THAT'S A PILE OF SHIT!"

Hallelujah! Finally, a sane man in an insane system. He then tells me that I'm a waste of his time, that he has 300 cases pending and sees 60 guys a week. A 49 year old pot smoker with no record takes more energy and resources than he is willing to expend.

Then he adds, "you're smoking pot for the arm pain?" To which I reply yes.

I was floored when he said, "Well, let's get you back to normal."

In the end......if I keep my nose clean, don't drop a bad UA and don't miss an appointment he'll put me on administrative probation in December to finish out the 3 year deal. That means starting in December no more piss tests no more meetings. Life as normal until time runs out.

Finally!

19. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

Congrats dude. Always nice when "the system" gives you a break. :thumbs-up:

Btw, WTF is your avatar doing? It's been bothering the wife and I since you changed it. Haha

20. ResinRubber

Making charas. "resinrubber", get it?

RkyMtnWayHigh69 likes this.