Oct. Calendar vote

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Mr Douglas, Sep 16, 2008.

?

Oct. Calendar vote

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Hey fellow GrowKinders :wave:

It's time once again to vote for your favorite pic to grace the cover of the :GK: calendar!

Lot's of nice entries this month boys and girls, and this poll will last 10 days, so get your vote in now! :jj:

Without further ado, here are your October contenders::bgolfer:

:bigok:

:jmorph: :leafdance: :jmorph:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:jmorph: :leafdance: :jmorph:​

As always, many :ty: and :gl: to all of our participants! :urock:

And don't worry if you didn't get an entry in for October :5headache: ........... as entries are being accepted for November's contest from Sept.16th thru Oct.15th. :rocker: So it's really never too late to enter! :eusa_dance:
    Send your entry via PM to>>> Member Submissions

2. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

LOL i was trying to vote for my own picture. But i ended up clicking on 6 because that was my number in the "last" calendar vote.

man im slow. :suave:

3. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

.....stoners.....:rolleyes:

4. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Voting!

Some wierd voting going on IMHO, lol, 190 votes on ONE single TRee, and not another above 2 points??? WTF??? lmao

Aw well, i guess were aint got enough friends!!! lol:laughing5:

PEace n Great PIcs everyone, TAke a CLOSER LOOK FOLKS before ya JUdge!!! Thers at least another 4 GRERAT potentails in there, without dissing the one im saying theres 10 on, no diss, as its a lovely pic IMHO too! :bigok:

But, cumon folks, we all, well MOST of us KNOW whom the hell these pics belong to, so Lets keep it fair IN-MY-Opinion!!!???!!!??? :ponder:

No BUddy shit, lets keep the voting for the BEST pics, just like number 10 n lots more too, look folks, there all there Looking FAntstic, just chexck number 9, and its ONLY got 2 votes!?!?!? lmao

k, well GREAT, well done you WON w/e that is that Grew that plant out..lmao , I just wonder who??? hahaha

Peace everyone,

Great Pics EVERYONE who entered, i think fiolks are just goong for the BEST WHOLESOME BUDDING, not the TRUE connisuer Look of the Pheno's we have here!!! Some QUALITY Phenotypes here with FANTASTIC genetics!!!

PEACE ALL! :thumbsup: to EVERYONE for their Entries!!!

UBB...........

5. Mr Douglas

Huh???!! :ponder:

6. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Forgive My Stonedness! OMG LMFAO

:ponder: it IS!!! hahahaha:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

OK, ya got me, i was WASTED maaaaaaaaaaan!!!! lol

Sorry peeps, DELETE if ya wish!

Peace n Total REspect to the CALANDAR VOTES N ENTRIES! :bigok: :wink: As its all :pimp :potleaf: = :thumbsup: to all...

UBB......... lmao (Still Cant believe i dont remember that!)

Anywayyyyyy......... lol:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :tvlaugh:

7. OneHitterInOz

OneHitterInOz A Fat Sticky Bud

Gotta tell ya, tough decision, they all look great.

8. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Doubting that we really want to complicate things but...

I keep thinking how cool it would be if we could each select our top 3 when we vote.

A vote for a pic for first place = 3pts. Second choice = 2pts. 3rd = 1pt.

I know it represents a lot more complications, don't know if the forum has the capability for weighted selections, but I know you can make a poll with multiple selections...it's fun to dream.

Am I the first to post this idea? I've seen great pics that finish with only one or two votes and at the least it would give ppl a little more credit for their entries.

It would also (IMO) make voting more fun because there are more options, I voted for my own pic but I'd have loved to have been able to vote for some of the others as well.

I know this is all done on an unpaid basis, it's always appreciated, .

Thanks for the work guys!

Grat

9. Mr Douglas

Feedback is great!

That is very :goodidea:, Grat, but AFAIK the option for the 'weighted' votes is not available with this version of vbulletin.

:stop: *Snick if I am wrong on this, please interject.:stop: :)

Yeah, I hear ya on wanting to vote on more than just 1 pic. It's hard to pick just one! (Mrs. D and I alternate each month with our voting privileges) :idea:

I'm just not sure the multiple votes option would work though. For instance,if everyone got to vote 11 times this month, who's to say that they wouldn't be used on a single entry? Or, if everyone spread all 11 of their votes 'across the board', it would negate the whole idea of having a poll. :icon_confused:

:eusa_think: (hmmmm, re-thinking, maybe it would be interesting to see how things pan out with a multiple vote system:eusa_think:....:idea:maybe in the near future.)

:ty: I truly appreciate your input on this though, and I am open to any, and all suggestions!

keep 'em coming!

**** Attention all of you primo growers out there: November entries are being accepted thru Oct. 15th!****

PM your pic to: Member Submissions and we'll do the rest! :rocker:

:anithanks:

:5bye:

:wave:

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

That's not a bad idea. It couldn't be any worse than the present.

The 1st month that I voted, I voted for someone other than myself. Then it seemed that "group's" were taking turn voting for each other.

I may very well be wrong, but didn't a seedling get a few vote's in the past? That's just wrong. I strongly feel that to submit a photo, there should atleast be alittle work put into it...AND current photo's.

I'm all for the Right to Vote, but when it's abused, it take's away the desire to participate...for me anyway.

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I got to agree with mrastro that The pictures entered should be something that someone has put a little work into. I understand what he means about the seedling photo a while back.. I'm glade to see more entry's this month. Good job GK members...

12. AlienBait

That seedling was my entry for the August Calendar and it did NOT get a single vote.

It does take work to get a seedling to sprout.

The original picture I submitted got rejected by the judges, so that was all I had.

13. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

in my opinion a seedling is just as worthy as anything else, it's pot and it's growing...some people, like me, find a change in scenery nice every once in a while. Vote for whatever pic is most beautiful, whether it be vegging, early flower, or giant bud

14. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I don't think, if you had no vote's, that it was you that I was refering to, but what can I say? In fact...why should I even feel I have to say anything?

Why is it acceptable for some ppl to criticize without reproach and when I simply express my view on the subject, I get the feeling that I'm basically being called a prick?!

I never meant to hurt anyone's feeling's, but...whatever. At this point, I really don't care. I have alittle more to worry about right now...least of which is a fun(thought it was)calender vote.

I'll concentrate my energy elsewhere and leave the whole calender deal to those who know better. Happy now?

Change is Nice :)

Enjoy

15. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

I have to also agree with MeAstro. I dont take nothing away from pics of seedlings. I like seeing them after all it MJ. However in a contest, IMO it just doesnt stand a chance.

16. AlienBait

Mrastro, my friend, I certainly did not mean to criticize and I do apologize if I caused any offense. I was just explaining my photo. Sometimes, when I type on a message board, I may seem short and rude as my tone and facial expressions are lost.

I also thought it was funny that I did not get a single vote. I did not even vote for it myself.

The calendar is a fun little contest that I would like to see continue, even when I don't submit a picture (since I'm not growing at the moment).

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Can You Feel The Love?!

No, AB...it is I who owe apology's to you.

Sadly, I'm aware that I've been somewhat flippant lately.

I guess, subconciously, I'm taking-out my frustration's in my personal life, on my family and friend's. That's still no excuse.

(I think, and hope, that you know) You are one of the ppl on GK that I look forward to hearing your input. I appreciate your willingness to help when needed :)

I'm sincerly happy to have logged back on...now knowing we're good :love4:

When my "situation" has run it's course and the settlement is in the bank, I'd like to rent an RV(gotta take Mort)and take a long overdue, much needed/desirved vacation, cross country. Since you're in my Mob(LOL), maybe we'll run into each other soon.

Thank's Again for being a Gentleman and treating me like a human being. I have much respect for someone who apologize's when not at all at fault. like my MomMom used to say..."He's A good Egg!"

Peace,

C

18. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

word.

I voted for my picture...I feel sheeeeepish...UBB Thanks for the wasted shoutout about numba 9! I feel it deserved a few more votes than it did, but hey, there is always another time.

19. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

I believe pictures doesn't show the effort involved. For example; an expert growing his usual astonishing buds and had a green thumb from the get go, versus, or a newb who has tried for years to grow a single healthy seedling. And everday life getting involved, all of our situation are different. Hope this makes some sense, lol, peace.

20. Mr Douglas

picture this:

I agree with link.......you see a picture you like? you vote for it. :thumbsup:

Yes, it was, but you failed to mention it was a pic of psilocybin cubensis, Alien. :roll:

:alien11:

Being this IS a marijuana cultivation forum, it's only fitting the calendar pics are of marijuana or MJ related.

:beerchug: