Just Got Like 100 seeds from my PoPz...??????

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Halfbaked, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Halfbaked

Halfbaked Germinated

Can U tell what sex a seed is before u plant it or is there a certain way to know for sure what sex it is>????

Rite now im GERMINATING some of my seeds and dont want to get a lot of male plants.....out of this

2. AnotherDay

AnotherDay Germinated

I dont believe

Halfbaked from all I know and have heard the only way to tell is grow them and then find out early into flowering. I dont believe you can tell from just a seed.But I'm new so what do I know.Someone correct me if I'm wrong. but you have to wait tell flowering correct?

3. Halfbaked

Halfbaked Germinated

Is dat tha only way u can tell?

4. buddomi

buddomi Banned

yep

they have to be flowering to tell

5. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

Maybe if you soak them in Robotussin........... hmmm, maybe not.

6. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

There are seedbanks that sell 'feminized' seeds. The odds are very 'high' that you will not produce males with those, although there's no guarantee.

With 'regular' seeds, the others are correct.

7. Halfbaked

Halfbaked Germinated

ite ill jus see wat i get because my seeds shells just cracked open but no root has appeared yet but tomorrow im almost guarenteed they will sprout a root.....im using the germination process in the FAQS by MELLOWDOOD where u use a glass jar,Kleenix and spray bottle......and i also put one seed in a kleenix(wet) and then inside a plastik bag to see wat goes fastest and it seems they are going the same speed......

8. cracdamac7

cracdamac7 Germinated

you dont always have to wait

i've had plants show sex before they go into flower, but generally you would have to wait until they are put into 12/12

9. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

^^^all good advice^^^cept the robitussin lol..and soaking them in a glass of water overnight and then right into the soil has not failed me so far and it is the easiest with less hassle. The paper towel method works well too.

10. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

I always use the paper towel method, in ziplock ontop of the fridge, this way I can see what works and what doesn't and don't have to wait for them to pop their heads outa the meduim for me to know they survived. Find out what works best for you, we've all had to.

11. cracdamac7

cracdamac7 Germinated

i like germing mine as well

i've always germinated mine, some people let their tap roots grow to like half an inch before sticking it in the dirt, but i've always taken it out of the paper towel as soon as i see the root burst through with no problems, and instead of transplanting, i go straight to the container that it will mature in (i'm a lazy s.o.b!) :D

12. matthew barrack

matthew barrack Latae Sententiae Excommunication

ur environment will be huge factor in relationship with females maybe ...haha

late matt