Do you think a fan leaf can root?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Nilzar, Feb 18, 2009.

?

Do you think a fan leaf can root?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

Just want to get everyone's opinion on this one, I know its pointless but, do you think its genetically possible for a fan leaf to root?

Please make this a yes or no poll please mods... i just wanna see the results.

2. OneHitterInOz

OneHitterInOz A Fat Sticky Bud

Nilzar, I believe Herb set it up so any member can make a poll.

3. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

shit, how do you do that? I dont see an option anywhere for it...

4. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Here ya go...

Ok, its a poll.

Closes in 10 days.

5. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Ok lets get that leaf in a glass of water only got 10 days-Bud

6. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Hell nah, wont work!

7. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

Any one have any thoughts as to why or why not it would root?

hygrade likes this.
  8. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Sounds like a question for Skunky, but I don't think fan leaves have the structure to take root. Other than growing larger, fan leaves don't change much over their life cycle.

9. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

It's like our body's. Fan's are an important component to growth/life, but they are not the plant/life.

I'd be amazed if someone was able to do this.

If so, I'm shouting "STEROID'S"!!!

10. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

it wont root because its just a leaf!

11. Chiefblood

Chiefblood Veggy Stage

This sounds logical to me!:pottytrain1:

12. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

I've tried. And failed. So no.

13. major

major Begun Flowering

When I am cloning I never use rooting hormone because I can't find it over here. Anyway I have 80% success.

I voted "yes" but I am not sure if it is capable of rooting in genetics, we must ask it to a botanist or just simply try when I go home.

14. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I don't think it will work and voted no...but...I've also been told by many that you can't grow a plant in a bucket full of perlite so... :icon_scratch:

15. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

One outdoor season i got some clones and there was one in the bottom of the box that was crushed out of a cube and it was bpretty much a leaf. I stuck it in a pot for the hell of it and it grew and yielded a 20 bag of chronic bud.

16. theferret

theferret Veggy Stage

no you wont get a fan leaf to root

17. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Fan leaves dont support NEW GROWTH. To clone you need a part of the plant that is capable of supporting new growth.

IF u look at a fan leaf, all the leaf is gonna do is grow bigger. However the leaf wont have any new growth on it. You must have a branch to get roots.

I once cloned a bud that was 2 weeks from maturity! That bud took months to develop a root system and begin new growth, but it was one of the most compact plants I have ever grown!!

I vegged it to about 15 inches tall, then budded it out. The whole plant was a bud! A huge compact bud!

IF anyone has the spare time or space to try this, I would recommend trying it!

GFam

18. smokinbasser

smokinbasser Veggy Stage

Only if that leaf has a internode on the stem will it take root. The fan leaves are basically rocket boosters, when the fuel has been consumed they fall away.

19. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

Allright everyone, time for alittle surprise.

[​IMG]

yuppers that is a rooted fan leaf. their is no part of the main stem on that leaf or anything. Everytime I clone I have allways cut a fan leaf and tried to get it to root. I was shocked as shit when I seen this one root. I allready had the rooted fan leaf before I made this post, before this fan leaf I would of never though a fan leaf could possibaly root myself. but I got one to root. right now it is showing signs of a nute def. but alittle folier spray and some tlc ill get it back hopfully. I have no clue what is going to become of this leaf, will it just grow and grow? will it stay the same size? who knows. But I am going to try.

If anyone thinks the pic is bogus (cause I could of took a normal clone then ripped it out when the root showed and placed a fan leaf in their) I will cut open the rapid rooter and show the fan leaf with roots to prove my self. I would really hate to do this cause I would like to see how it turns out. But then I dont want any rumors goign around sayign im full of shit or anything.

So the answer to the poll is Yes a fan leaf can root. :rocker: :rocker:

snickelfritz likes this.
  20. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Mutant!!!