A Freebie Foursome with Crazy Miss Hyde

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by friendlyfarmer, Mar 13, 2012.

1. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Good Luck with that blueberry. Now here is my question. With 3 strains going that will definitely not finish the same week what do you do? You can't flush much more than 3 weeks nor less than 2 so do you cut some of the longer flowering plants short right when they need it or do you take the earlier finishers and run them longer? Did you take clones yet? Steel

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Nope, no cuts yet. I'm waiting as long as possible to take cuttings. As for your very good question - no fucking idea. I'll probably cut them all at once, somewhere right in the middle, like 9 weeks 10 maybe. It'll be a little early for some, a little later for another.

Yet another reason not to run diff strains together. I may switch back to PPP and do a full 4 plant run with that right after. By the time that's done, I'll know if any of these three I'm doin now are worth keeping around.

How did you make out with your chiller?

3. friendlyfarmer

Blueberry, Crazy Miss Hyde, and Cotton Candy

Well I just re-read the Blueberry description from the Dutch Passion website, and this plant is anything but stout and bushy. All three strains are big - to the light even after serious bending and tying down, which is about 6'. Without bending they'd be 8-10 feet tall. Since I didn't really train these aside from some pinching, they are basically out of control and I've resorted to bending the tops 90 degrees to keep them from growing past the light. My yield will suffer.

I can't get good pics of each individual plant. These are 3 weeks 2 days into flower.

I took clones of the BB, the CMH and the CC. I put a bunch outside, made moms, and plunked 4 BB cuts into the veg buckets. I've topped them 2X so far. Looking better than Mom this time. Got my PH issues squared away for the most part. Due to the super stretch I am going to train and SCROG this next round to hopefully get better use of the space and get a better yield. I'm running the BB next because that's the one I'm most interested in and although I still don't know if it will be decent smoke, same is true of all the new strains now so I had to pick one to run.

Last pic is the Mom shelf (there are 6 strains in there - my three and three I was gifted by a friend).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. izzybud

izzybud Germinating

got a cotton candy freebie myself. looks like its something for the outdoors. cant wait to see how it turns out. stay safe.

5. friendlyfarmer

Well, I cut them after 11 weeks of flowering. They are not totally dry yet so I'm not sure of actual weight. Judging by just looking, the Cotton Candy produced the most solid bud, and tied Blueberry for overall yield. Crazy Miss Hyde produced the least. As for finishing times, the Cotton Candy trichomes were 90% amber at 11 weeks, the Blueberry was probably 50% amber, 25% cloudy, 25% clear. Crazy Miss Hyde about 50% amber, 50% cloudy, so I would say they all finished in 11 weeks, but they needed every day of it. No fast finishers here.

Very low smell. All three hermied on me, with little stress aside from some heat just under the light. I only found 1 or 2 nanners on the CMH, a few more on Cotton Candy but nothing too bad, but Blueberry hermied like crazy. Every bud lots of nanners, and weird structured buds too. Hell it's probably half male at this point.

Preliminary testing of the smoke is not promising. I'll do a real live smoke report once its cured.

Not hard to grow, but wicked stretchy, takes a long time to flower, and the smoke ain't so hot. It LOOKS great. Lots of bag appeal. Lots of frost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Cutting time always makes me feel good.

:bong-2:

I bet they smoke real nice after you get a cure on them.

7. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Your harvested plants look great, :thumbsup:

but is there some kind of mutation going on on the bud?

Nice clones, maybe you should find the clones that stay short, then you wont have to battle them about the height.

and Great Job bud.

8. friendlyfarmer

Thanks dude. They do look pretty good. I think those extra long foxtails are the hermy expression. They are just typical foxtail calynxes gone nutty. Not good!

9. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

Man those are some crazy foxtail buds. I've never had one foxtail at all, if I got one like that it'd freak me out, but all in all they look pretty good.

10. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

I've seen that foxtailing pretty regularly in a guy I used to know's grow. I'd grow the exact same strains (we shared clones) and I'd get super-dank, while he grew them and got foxtailing pretty low quality buds. I was almost positive that in his case it was due to consistent heat stress rather than anything hermie or strain based. That happened every grow for the better part of a year with multiple different strains, then stopped permanently the instant he switched from parabolic reflectors to cooltubes. It also happened whether his plants hermied or not, although he did have a lot more hermies in his setup than I did in mine with the same strains.

Still, nice to have some smoke! Those foxtailed buds are super easy to make joints and blunts with, even if it didn't turn out exactly how you wanted.

ResinRubber likes this.
  11. friendlyfarmer

Thanks for posting that info. Now that you mention it these plants were untrained and overgrew the room, with all the attendant stress. There def was some heat stress near the top of the room. I also had to top very late due to size. It was a mess in there.

My light does suck too, but changing that for next round. I'm running two 400 W hps bulbs from home depot in mag ballasts. Garbage (and dangerous). That doesn't help the situation.

We'll see what I can do with the Blueberry SOG goin in tonight.

12. friendlyfarmer

Bump

for any recent CC recipients.

13. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Ha! Remember that plant and its funky buds from an OB adventure weekend :)

Good toke tho!