My Outside Try

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Chronic Don, May 23, 2009.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

CD- I get you on the railroad job on Emery. I wouldn't send beans here either.

Sucks about the snow and frost. We planted early May and three days later had the same thing in my state. Much smaller scale, but we lost a bunch of younguns.

Good luck getting restarted.

2. Chronic Don

Chronic Don Daddy of RP & GG

Thanks Bud, well I restarted from seed. had 220 seedlings freshly sprouted and in the ground by June 8th.

July 7th the first male appeared. First female on July 12th. as of today I am at 91 males and 42 females.

Tough job looking for males. Anything that hasnt shown as female by months end is to be cut down. I have to be away almost all August getting treatmnts so plants on their own til end of Sept. with luck the weather holds til then or Oct before getting killing frosts. the best plants so far are the royal purple, the glistening girl is way behind them. but will see come harvest.

as it is a very wet summer for this area I havent needed to haul much water just when applying ferts. This year I am using fish ferts 5-1-1 and Miracle Grow 24-16-12 and am switching to Miracle Grow 15-30-12. I am collecting ashes from the firepit and will add it to the water when I fert next before I have to leave them on their own. Hopefully it stays a bit wet so they do good finishing on own. I found the water in the nearby creek is a ph of 8.4 so I add a cup of pickling Vinegar to a 45imp gal barrel of water which initially brings is down to 6.8 and after a nights sitting is 7.1-7.2. Most plants are from my knee in height to my waist. hopefully while flowering they grow a bunch. I'll take some pictures in next few days and get them posted next week.

Hope everyone else doing the outdoor grow is having better luck.

3. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

WOW, finding the white stuff on the grass is a terrible sight.

Good luck in the future! :affro:

4. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Pics come one whats the hold up man!

5. Chronic Don

ok well I am trying to upload photos, it said it was successful but I cant find them. I guess a tally will do for now. out of about 220 plants, 125 of glistening girl, 95 of Royal Purple I found 101 males of which two were actually hermies, 57 royal purple were females, 54 glistening girls were females and 8 hadnt started to flower by the time I had to leave them alone. to the gods they go, see you girls the end of september. have fun til then.

I'll get the pics on here as soon as I can figure out where they went and how to get them were I need.

6. Chronic Don

7. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Looking healthy!!! Nice little plot you got there..

8. ResinRubber

:thumbs-up: Digging the garden ChronDon

9. Chronic Don

[​IMG]

these are the Royal Purple girls, they range in height from knee high to above waist height. They started flowering first and showed the first girls. If I can get an oz from each I'll be happy. a winters supply and some to last out the summer taking care of the next set.

[​IMG]

This is a Royal Purple who was astarted indoors in the beginning of April going outside daily until the nights were warm enough then moved to the bush with the inground crop. She has been flowering since early may and will be kept flowering as long as possible. She is getting thicker and tighter everyday. I have another in a can which I sprayed for 6 days with a solution of 100ppm of GA3 (gibberillic acid) in the hopes of getting some male flowers on her to propagate a femmed seed crop from. next years crop I hope. It has been 2wks since finished spraying her and no male flowers yet, she is stretching out and up some from it so maybe they will still come.

[​IMG]

this is a shot of an wireless outdoor thermometer on the morning of July 2nd. 637am. the day before had a morning of 32.8F at that time so I decided to keep track of the cololer mornings. havn't had a cool morning since,hopefully will stay that way til end of Sept.

10. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

sweet baby jesus! very nice, if all those finish you'll definitely have enough for a year :beerchug-2:

11. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

I sure hope that spot is well hidden because that's a lot of plants bunched together out in the open.

They look really nice though.:popcorn-2:

12. Chronic Don

Well August was a wet month, cooler then "normal" but things really took off. they are so nice, not too stinky yet. lots of buds started and some coming along real good.

A Bear decided to walk thru broke a couple branches and shit beside them but otherwise left them alone. no deer damamge yet, TG, shouldnt be either as the plants are way bitter for animals to bother with. well now Moose dont mind the taste or last year didnt but none have bothered. worst problem so far is the cows. break thru the fence and walk over them busting branches off, but it gavew me something to puff on while I wait harvest.

These are trhe Glistening Girlson August 10th

[​IMG]

and on August 19th

[​IMG]

notice the "hollow" spots? thats where males came and went.

HeadCase likes this.
  13. Chronic Don

And these are my Royal Purple girls on August 10th

[​IMG]

and from august 19th

[​IMG]

and hoping the next 5 weeks does them good.

14. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Aweome grow!!! you the man :thumbs-up: :not-worthy: :popcorn-2: :droooling: -Bud

15. Chronic Don

and a few pictures from the night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well I hope everyone likes, these will be the last I have most likely until harvest. I have treatments to go to for a few weeks then energy to build to be able to go see them. It will be harvest before I get there I think. 5 weeks I cannot wait!!!!!

16. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

very nice bro! Dam this is gonna kill me to watch all u guys harvest ur babies!

17. link420

WOW great looking girls, they are really budding fast!

18. Chronic Don

a few pictures to update the grow. Frost was there took care of my tomatoes but never touched the "crop".

frosted tomatoes

[​IMG]

the girls of the Royal Purple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the Glistening Girls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a few other shots to enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rollinbonz likes this.
  19. ResinRubber

You should change your handle to "Spear Chucker". Great looking garden!

20. link420

Have you grown Royal Purple before? Does it always flower this early?

Edit: Nevermind, just read last year's grow. Chronic, don't forget to let us know if you plan on putting some Royal Purple beans up on Seedbay, I'd love to have genetics that flower that early