REPUTATION SYSTEM : post from wawona

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by trillions of atoms, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Not too shabby Sticky. Lil' to the right even. 'Sup with with you Bob? :)

2. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

so what does my one-liner mean? And how come mine is a different color than everyone else's?

snickelfritz likes this.
  3. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

It says you're off the scale, what does that mean?

4. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

5. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Off the scale means you have no points at all...

It is because you were a member before the switch to the new format & you have never received any rep points.

Until now...
    :cool:

6. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign. cluttering up the scenery, changing my mind. Don't do this don't do that can't you read the sign?

Nothing will ever replace cognitive thinking.

No point system can replace deciding for yourself what value any piece of information is worth to you. One way or another.

Gather several points of view and do some research. It's a good idea to varify even good advice.

7. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

makes sense to most of us Randy, I think it is mainly for the bennifit of the newbies who don't know any better and may take the adive of someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

8. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

nobody is claiming that it would. it's here on v board to use or not to use. each member has the option to turn it off. if you don't wanna pat someone on the back for sharing some useful info you don't have to. or vice versa.

9. GhostDog

GhostDog Begun Flowering

i have a reputation for being a slut :(

10. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

yeah i heard about you. You filthy whore. :D

11. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

sweet...thanks Snick!

12. Administrator

I changed all the sayings now and you can now see your 'rep power' over to the right if you have your rep system turned 'on'. Otherwise it just says '0'.

I may tweek the values more later as time goes on, but for now let's see how it goes.

TheApprentice likes this.
  13. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Fuck Herb yur powered up, what's yur special move? A double spin kick all over the screen?

14. greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny Excommunicated

Right on Herb. Way cool of you to take the time to fix things up around here.

I agree with you Randy.. Its pretty self explainatory in my oppinion.. But not all people think this way. This system might help new growers not be so easily influenced by bullshit..to know who to listen to.. and who not to listen to..

15. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Yeah I think I said so in another thred, but once again thanks for taking the time to keep Gk on the cutting edge Herb.

It's due to our dedicated Mods, Admin, Webby, the long time members and yes even the newbies that Growkind is what it is today.

I've checked out a lot of different grow sites all over the net as I'm sure a lot of you have. With so many sites it's easy to feel a little like Goldylox, good thing then that GK has a quality that just can't be duplicated, "it is just right". I've always felt at home when I'm here as opposed to other places. And I think most members here have the interests of GK at heart, which shows I hope.

It aint easy running a place like this, keep up the great work GK.

16. Administrator

LOL....I believe it's a double round house with an inverted backflip bitchslap! :smoke2:

Rep power is based on several factors...some of which are the number of posts you have and time you've been here. I forget the others right now. Mine is so damn high because i have damn near 19,000 posts! :eusa_doh:

Needless to say...I can make ya or break ya on the rep points. :qshatter: I try to save my 'power' for those that truely deserve it. Like I said...I may tweek things after I see how it runs.

17. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Good idea bout the old reviews

There you go t.o.a. topped up your rep my friend:beerchug: ,spreading a bit of good karma,lol.Thanks for actually posting that cos ive been trying to suss out this whole thing for ages cos i knew it was nothing to do with how many posts you had,im voting on your post plus your growing skills,like i said to you even last night:argue: ,i know you know your stuff when it comes to growing...... and i sure as hell know how serious you take it aswell:qright7: ,lol.Yeah i think im gonna go review a few older posts awell and give out some ratings purely based on sound advice,good replies,good ideas,writng styles like do they baffle you by shortening phrases of words constantly or do they write in CAPS all the time (sorry U.B.B. ,LOL)and even how much effort people put into their posts, etc aswell as checking out the gardens.The only question i have now is can you go and delete a post you dont want to be there anymore?:qgreenjumpers: Smoke on

18. Administrator

Nope....you can always edit though :biggrin:

greenthumbdanny likes this.
  19. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

well i think it's cute :bunny:

and holy schnikies thats a lot of smilies! I need to stop in more often....been so busy with school and work lately.

20. carly22

carly22 Developed Alternating Nodes

i like it cuz it says i'm 'Vegging' under my name, just like my plants!

i wonder who will flower first?