A nice photo?

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Randy High, Jan 18, 2007.

1. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

New camera

I thought I had a nice digital camera (paid $400 a couple years ago), but have given up trying to get good close-up or indoor shots with it. So...

I just purchased a nice digital SLR camera that should take some really nice photos. It is a real camera that you can change the lenses on. Photography is one of my hobbies, so this new camera will come in handy. I especially like taking pictures of nature (beaches, plants, mountains, etc.). Here's the camera...

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/digital_rebel_xt-review/index.shtml

2. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

My first thought was of a SLR body.. I was ready to get a nice camera.

But they were $850 just for the body back when I was shopping.. That was way out of my range.

Later the prices dropped on the SLR body. I think I saw one with a lens for $600 about six months later.

Now that I look back I see that the best add on I got was the wicked expensive battery adepter Sony sold... Like $30 for their proprietary wall plug.

Later I did buy their wicked expensive 1 gig card so I can shoot long movies at full speed.

I admit photography is fun. Also I enjoy the pictures I take be it wildflowers on the river or bud shots in the garden.

So with a SLR what kinds of shots have you done?

3. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Slr

The SLRs have come way down in price. They still have ones that cost $10,000, but there are some nice ones for under $1000 now. Mine was around $550 with the included lens. The funny thing is that 1 lens can cost as much as the camera itself. It's nice to have the option to change lenses, which you can't do on most cheap digitals.

I haven't used the new SLR yet, but will start posting pics as soon as I do.

I don't think any SLR cameras will shoot videos, only still shots. I can use my cheapo digital for videos.

4. Randy High

I see that DSLR is the right term.

And My Favorite brand Sony has stabilization electronics... I was out and about the stores today.

Yeah for about $900 you can get a nice DSLR with lenses.

Gonna stick with the 5mp for now me thinks... Still a bit of cash of and I did put the Windows Vista upgrade back on the shelf.. $150 ?? I just can't see it atm.

That was just for the home version the deluxe everything upgrade is $300+

5. Randy High

6. Randy High

7. smokepurp

smokepurp wakenandbaken

beautiful bud man and great photos!

8. Randy High

A few shot under the MH..

9. Randy High

Ahh you posted b4 my comment LOL...

Thanks

I think this 100% Organic grow is doing alright given that it started out badly.

10. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Sweet

WOW.....Randy SWEET pics!!

Seems you have the knack for taking pic's now eh?? Just gorgeous!!!!

ScrumpdillYcious Buds you have growing!!

I see the improvement from the last ones you took...impressive indeed! :bigok:

Peace ~mermaid

11. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Nice pictures Randy you sure are getting fancy with that camera how long before you chop.

12. Randy High

Thanks M!

I find that I try different settings on the camera. All with the Flower mode on.

The camera is much smarter then I am trust me.

I have to admit the Sony is a good beginners camera, and that is me with photography.

I like the pictures too.

The trick seems to be a steady camera. If the camera is still then the auto focus works best.

I held the camera for all the shots above but I braced myself against the wall or held on to a wall to steady myself.

Anyone can do what I have done with the Sony I have.

I just looked and my camera is obsolete now LOL it's a 5 megapixel CyberShot.

Anyway... I don't know much about other cameras but I have liked the Sony brand so I trusted Sony for my camera choice and it has been a good choice so far.

13. Randy High

I'm following advice from the more experienced growers this year and waiting a bit.

I have always harvested early but this year I want a more sedative effect. More for getting a restful sleep sort of effect.

The shots with the dieing pistils are the Rainbow strain. Rainbow is a bit faster then Glad.

On the Glad hardly any pistils are dieing yet.

Uncharted territory for me so I'm not sure how long. I'm not really keeping track of the days.

I will keep the photos updated.

Still some choices to make on how it turns out.

14. Randy High

Well the Video is nothing to brag about.

Once the focus is set and it is in movie mode that's it you cannot change the focus AFAIK.

Not bad for simple recording like a burbling brook or perhaps Lil Johnny hitting a baseball.

Limited but a nice feature to have in a camera :)

15. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Hey Randy just wanted to drop in and say hey man.... and the plants are looking great.. However in that first picture it looks like you have a Mg defficiency and I am seeing praying in the leaves in almost every picture.

You may have taken care of it already, but a shot of epsom salts would prob def help increase that final yeild....you can use the epsoma salts in low doses at soil level without interfering with nutrient uptake...

i would do something about it though if you still got a few weeks left.

16. Randy High

I can do that, add some MG.. I need to water today so I'll do that thanks,

This grow was a troubled grow from the start. Some of the shots have light burn ( the first one does) as the grow has grown right up to and past the light.

So there is damage and heat issues.

It's like learning to grow in a "dirtbox" all over again for me.

Yada yada yada... Love it tho...

Again thanks you are prolly right.. I thought about it last feeding but didn't do it.

17. Randy High

Hey Kids..

It's that time...

I'm sure you have read that this grow went too tall. It was a learning experience with this new planter bed.

So in the end the harvest will provide but it isn't in the prize category .

But Next time out just might be!

For those of you who have followed this thread thanks!

As the Rickshaw driver said "Chop Chop!"

--------------

18. Randy High

[​IMG]

This is Glad. I love the way the leaves are just coated. Yes I have the trim saved!

[​IMG]

Another Glad shot.

They went without water for two days. I'm trying that method this time. I usually water well right up to harvest.

[​IMG]

And one more Glad shot. I liked the way they stood.

[​IMG]

Rainbow: I didn't see this one until I chopped the stuff in front of it. It was in the the back and hidden.

[​IMG]

Another shot of that one.

It has to be the longest growth I have ever had.

[​IMG]

Rainbow:

Looks like I waited a little long for Rainbow this time. This strain doesn't frost up but it's a nice walk in the woods kind of smoke. Mellow and Lime flavor.

I have left leaf material because it is so smooth and a few more Trichomes won't hurt.

-----------

Basically that's it.

I sure was worried that it was gonna flop. I had three of six die and then it overgrew...

Seemed like it was doomed.

Next time will be better.. That I am sure of.

Randy

19. StinkyBuds

StinkyBuds TooStonedToPost

Gratz on a job well done randy.

20. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

great skills!

Simply beautiful, Randy! :notworthy: