springer/ealy summer harvest??!?!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by BlueCat, Feb 21, 2007.

1. BlueCat

BlueCat Half Baked

Is it possible to get a harvest in the spring early summer i started my plants indoors and i wanna move em outdoors is there a possible way i could get a harvest by july? maybe

2. splyph024

splyph024 Blazin daily

i wouldn't think that's possible. the days get longer around that time. the best time would be after summer when the sun is still close and the days are shorter. im not positive, but me thinks it might put your plant in vegg again.

3. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

that depends entirely upon WHERE you live.

I am in the Tropics with 12/12 year round so anything I put outside flowers ANY TIME of year.

Kingston, Jamaica would put you at 17N...about where I am

4. splyph024

splyph024 Blazin daily

omg..... JAMAICA! i was thinking kingston, new york.

5. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

oops....maybe,

then who knows? maybe some Rasta wannabe

anyway...

Kingston, NY....No.

Kingston, Jamaica....absolutely.

6. splyph024

splyph024 Blazin daily

yeah man, if you are in NY then wait till end of summer when plants naturally go into flowering in the U.S. and if you are in jamaica then El C is right, hot weather and year round 12/12, you'll have no problem.

7. HillbillyHemp

HillbillyHemp Higher than Camel Pussy

I have grown plants from seed under floros in a semi small box about 10 years ago just to see how well I could do it. I let them grow to about 2 feet tall, not counting the pot. Around mid-march I put them outside. They all sexed. All female plants budded well under the short daylight hours and continued to do so up until I cut them in very early May. All of the plants turned purple due to the very cool nights.

These were all grown from bagseed. The result was some decent mids. Not the dankest shit, but certainly better than most of the import I see around here. It sold like a mofo at top market prices cause it was fresh green in a market that had nothing but Mexican schwag.

It is possible. Not the best way to grow, but possible if you wanna maximize your profit margin and have 2 outdoor harvests a year.

8. Alex

Alex Germinated

I did the same as the hill billy and hes right it works. (NY time zone) You can even wait till May if you get them budding indoors first.