Why no Hydro?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by SteelCity Smoker, Dec 3, 2010.

?

Why no Hydro?

1. Hydro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Soil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

airstone

Look at my album Aero and see the water rolling in the Aero DWC combo and the pump runs all the stones in the waterfarms and my Res I'll post that one in the album of the pump

2. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

my air pump

Dude, I saw ur pics and I am truly impressed. But I don't understand what you're talking about.

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I'd like to try some DWC but first I have to get through this hempy try.I'm also learning as I go and Scotty's right, hempy doesn't seem as easy as said. Hydro seems like there's a lot to it for a beginer. And what about vegging? Can you veg in hempy or soil then switch it to dwc? Or do you veg in the same room and buckets? I'd like to set it up with 3 sets of 2- 5 gal. buckets each. Each set a different strain. So that would be 3 different res? How big a res for 2- 5 gal buckets? How much more electric gets used with the set-up running constantly? I too have a lot of questions but would love to get you guys results. I could use all the weight I can.( my wife and I are HEAVY smokers with a high tolerance).

4. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

well.....both hydro & soil have there pros en cons .....i do both....hydro will allow me to produce fast for commercial sales while soil (living organic) i use for myself & my med patients.....i find growing organic will give my buds a true taste and fuller color...burns so much cleaner....i do hydro and bang out bigger buds faster and sell em off to the average joe who dont much care bout anything other then how high he gets.....so i think if your a med patient or growing for personal and enjoy real tastes & colors in yer buds and looking for a cleaner burn then soil is the only way to go.....besides that i test ALOT of plants and the only way to really tell what a plant can pull is to grow in soil and not always under intense lighting...even seed production is of a higher quality in soil ...so yeah ill say hydro for fast and bigger buds for the average joe but for me and persons needing (medicine) i gotta say soil...(T.L.O.)

5. ScottyG420

Just from the little bit I've learned so far, that's highly debatable. Right now I have a bubble bucket running, I have plants in soil and I have a plant in hempy. So I'm gonna try to find out for myself.

6. mt.king

rolling water?

The air pump is tee'd into the air stones in the waterfarms and the six Aero buckets they hold solution like a DWC and it has an air stone in the bottom of each bucket. And the air rolls the water

P.S. thanx Scotty :not-worthy:

7. ScottyG420

You're welcome sir!

hmm...whats a waterfarm? sounds cool.

8. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

hey scotty......high times just put out there 420 special eddition...if ya have a place to purchase one go scoop it up....kyle kushman did a big artical in there about the subject and its a good read....however your own experiments are the only ones that matter and ether way ya lean ill still wish ya an awsome harvest bro!!!

9. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Goddammit, was that YOU in my back yard. rollin around in a pair of pink lacy drawers the other night?

Man...I thought it was the biggest possum I ever saw...and like to shot yer ass.

Next time, CALL first.

Jeeez.

Dix

10. mt.king

waterfarm

its a DWC with a top feed driper ring that uses air to push nutes up the feed tube. They work great. Less chance of oops my hempy dried up.and with a Res and controller bucket you can tie several together and they'll go two weeks so you can go on vacation.

Made by general HYDRO

11. Kaiser Puff

Kaiser Puff Full Flowering

Damn all this talk of hydro I couldn't resist anymore...

[​IMG]

The AeroTub lives!!!

It's in my flower room and it's dark cycle so this is a pic from my C99 grow.

CCrete likes this.
  12. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Who the fucks knocking my soil??????

Soil rules! End of, im a mod!!!!!

Ive done hydro and hempy. Hempy is the same as soil for yield and growth rate if you get soil right. Ill admit hydro grows faster. The yield is the same as soil but hydro grows the plants faster therefore the yield is bigger in the give time frame.

But....

I love soil for the following reasons.

1) In the UK hydro = prison! If you are caught growing in the UK, a hydro system tells the court you have invested major time and money into your illegal activities. The more planning and money you invest in crime the higher the punishment. A soil grower gets a slap on the wrist while a hydro grower gets prison time for the same number of plants.

2) Cost. I can set up a soil grow from scratch with nothing to fully grown plants for less than £100. Thats lights, nutes, seeds everything. If i had to start with hydro your talking £500 plus, and the plus can grow fast.

Soil and nutes £20

[​IMG]

plus a £70 light and you get this

[​IMG]

Hydro may get you there 2 weeks quicker but for the money who cares.

3) Soil grows can be dumped or abandoned much easier than hydro. Pot and plant in bin, job done. The money lost on an abandonned hydro setup compared to soil is sickening.

4) Buffer. Soil can take abuse. Anyone can grow in soil and it take no equipment or knowledge and you can still get a crop. You dial soil in and you can get hempy results.

Soil rules, end of!

13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Ha Ha you know what Skuzzi you make my day every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teamster6

14. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Ehhh, like most folks with some power...your half right

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Right on brotha Skuzz! The mod rules...If you guys don't line up behind soil we're closing this thread. Argument is done. For your temerity, all you snob hydro guys will get a week long ban unless you grovel at the boot of our evil soil practitioner.

The Lion, Mr. Evil and ...well me...some slightly pudgy guy trapped by a snowstorm in the midwest..... have so ruled!

Power...POWER....POWERRRR HaaHaahaahahahahahahaaaa

16. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

<---- Grabs a brick and lights the molatov cocktail in his hand....

Fuck your bureaucracy! Fuck the establishment!

And dirt is for kiddies to play in...:roffl: :roffl:

17. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Im sending them a pot of lava Cinders for christmas!!

Teamster6

18. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

for now i'll follow the leaders.........

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

[​IMG] putt putt putting away...

20. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member