can you change hydro to soil?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by SWED420, Apr 10, 2009.

1. SWED420

SWED420 Developed Alternating Nodes

is it possible to change a DWC(deep water culture) mother to dirt by any chance? whats the best way ? any nutes in specific i should use? mychorrizal are beneficial microbes,, and is in piranha AN its suppose to help stressed out plants alot ive heard... maybe thatd work? what kind of soil?

2. Yourst

Yourst Stoned Grown & Hell Bound

Only problem I can see..... your pumps may not be able to keep up with all that dirt. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I would start with a clone from that plant.

My best advice would be to go to http://www.discount-hydro.com/ and take a look at there Grow Mediums and maybe get some Bat & Seabird Guanos

Mexican, Peruvian, Indonesian and Jamaican.

3. SWED420

i'd imagine not :evil6: . I already took clones off of it, but i am paranoid lol so i wanna move it outside to grow all summer and flower outdoors. just thought someone would have tried it before.im thinking something along the lines of peatmoss and perlite. i'm gonna try to just water it alot at first and itll drain well hopefully, and then put it in a different pot with soil later after its gotten use to its new home...

4. Yourst

Be careful with the peat.

It will throw off your PH something awful.

5. SWED420

thanks for the tip, ok well lime would work well or just water it down a couple times with water thats the right ph?

6. Yourst

Not sure,

I had bad problems with peat so I dont use it any more. Other than for cloning or planting seeds.

7. SWED420

cool thanks for the help, i'll keep you posted:icon_thumleft:

8. Yourst

Why dont you just move the bucket out side and just not use your air pump?

Adding fresh watter every other day to top it of will keep the watter from going stagnant on you.

9. SWED420

i didnt think of it but if it was in the bucket would that limit its size much its 5 gallon and i wanted it to get huge cus its already around 2-3 months old. how often would you put nutes in it the same as b4 i don't know i just assume more actually ,cus plants just grow better outside?

10. Yourst

Killing it by transplanting would really limit the size. :|

You should be able to get a rather large plant in a 5 gal bucket.

I would pump out the old water every month and add new.

11. SWED420

your right, id definetely be pissed to lose it, better to play it safe:) once a month i could drain the water out, because it wont be in my back yard itll be in the bush.but probly no more then that, u dont think it might drink the water to fast for its more mature and needs more water , so i dont need a pump outside? is that only as long as i dont over fill and cover the rooots? if so i don't understand why u need one for indoors..?

12. Yourst

You really dont need a air pump at all. Its better to have one but not needed

If you top off your water level every 2-3 days it will keep the water from going stagnant on you.

If you can find High Times Mag Grow Guide 2008 it has a nice write up on DWC

13. SWED420

wow, you learn something new everyday.i had no idea ,thanks for the info. ill have to check my stack for that one:thumbsup: