slow veg growth

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by trillnmpls, Oct 26, 2006.

1. trillnmpls

trillnmpls TRIPPIN IN YANKEELAND

I have 6 plants in veg from an unknown cali strain which seems to have good genetics. Until these six went in this strain grew like a weed, literally. Now the problem I am faced with is that these six are growing at a slow rate. The stalks and branches are considerably thinner than normal, yet i have a large number of these branches... Furthermore, I have severe leaf curl with slight rust color burns around the tips and edges (chem. burn?) About 3 days ago I took ph tests on all 6 and found my soil levels to be around 6 ( color tests ). I attributed this to an abundance of peat moss which i know has a ph around 3.5, spaghum peat is the spelling i believe... I also used dark energy as a foliar applicant. Now I am not sure if I have chemically burned via foliar spray (my first guess), if my ph levels have caused this, or if I am lacking potassium which would explain the branching. I flushed all 6 plants and applied approx 3/4 a cup of fine dolomite lime, which I am hoping alieviates the ph problem, while possibly helping with possible chem burn. I have continued to foliar feed daily with water only, yet after four days I am seeing little or no improvement.... HELP.... OH I have another spot where I sent 4 of the same clones and they are 5 times the size... After 16 days in veg my plants are only 6 to 7 inches with outlanding branching... I cant afford to throw them out, yet i know unless something turns around i will be lucky at a half oz yeild per plant. ADVICE???????????? ANYONE pls.:5headache: :icon_confused:

2. buddomi

buddomi Banned

3. matthew barrack

matthew barrack Latae Sententiae Excommunication

ya the dark energy is very powerful u prob burned them my guess...ive only heard of peeps using drak energy to speed up flowering and thats it never seen any1 use it regularly just to speed up flowering ...i.e frost.cops.snoops etc etc..maybe this will help

late matt

4. trillnmpls

I wasn't using it regularly, but I have come to the conclussion that it was chemical burn... I do have good success with the dark energy as a foliar application throughout my veg cycle if used sparingly, i.e. every 7 to 10 days. I believe I either mixed it too strong (which you know is easily possible if you have used this product before), or the chemical mix in conjunction with my regular fertilizer proved to be too strong for the plants to handle. Either way I believe chem burn to be the diagnosis-I HOPE. Thanks and all imput is appreciated....

5. trillnmpls

UH double click on accident maybe??? Or was it intentional??? hmmmmmmmm

6. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

Why are you foliar feeding?

Are you aware that unless you rinse the leaves off often with clean water, you will block the pores? If you're not doing that, it might be part of your problem. What is your medium or your extra large? j/k.

Are you using anything besides sphagnum peat?

A good potting mix with plenty of aeration is what MJ needs. Something like Foxfarms Ocean Forest.

7. trillnmpls

I am aware of the "rinse", found that out the hardway on my first grow, this is only my 3rd grow. I had good results after learning of the rinse, I believe I may have went a little overboard. I used promix potting soil, added extra peat, guano, and I somehow forgot to mix the lime to balance the ph until after they were into their veg cycle, I then added fine dolomite. So that could have been a problem also. I started adding foxfarms red bag with a bale of promix 1 for the set I sent into flowering 2 weeks ago and am having terrific results and fast growth with little foliar discolorations or problems... So this may be my choice let ya know