PLANT PROBLEM SOLVER!!!! Look here first!!

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Mr. Wakenbake, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Okay this is one that I always use when something goes wrong with my plants. If you have any problems with your plants then make damn sure you look at this link first before asking.

It makes everyone a little nicer around here when they know that the people atleast researched a little before asking.

Now here is the link folks enjoy.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/58.htm

2. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Informative link Mikey....ty for sharing! Maybe the mods can add this to the FAQ's section. :)

Peace~JG

3. Mr. Wakenbake

I wish they would just sticky it here so it stays in here..that way hopefully it'll be the first place they see when they open the pests and plant problems forum..

4. Mr. Wakenbake

bumpity bump

5. phantom

phantom New Sprout

thanks for the link mikey, do appreciate ya. i do think i have found my problem but, im faced with another one. real quick i flushed, leaves turned in like a rams horn, just like in #7 on your link. so thats overfert. OKAY if the flush caused my overfert because it made all nutes available to the plant at the time of the flush and it took in to much nutes which caused my leaves to curl. how would i correct that ? with another flush? dont do anything? that was the only one close to what my syptoms are. i just dunno. so thanks again for your link. hope im not a bother peace

6. Mr. Wakenbake

you need to get them outta that soil and into something with not a lot of nutes in it...they will recover then

Trust me i had to do the same with 4 of my whiny bitches ...lol had to get em outta the scotts and put them in the BACCTO soil...they are not fully recovered but they are damn near it....

You need to get them outta that soil. If you plan on reusing it you need to flush it out before hand , then reammend with some organics ..

GO ORGANIC

I am convinced that organics is where it's at bro...it's just about dummy proof, and chem ferts arent'

7. Spuddy

Spuddy Veggy Stage

one of my plants turned down her leaves like a ram horn, but i think it was from bulb burn (on brand new sprouting leaves that just never came out right from it), because after i added a bit of salt, her yellowed leave edges turned green and no new leaves started curling down

8. Mr. Wakenbake

it's over fert..you ll see that rams horn is the plant not being able to handle all of the N you give it..if you don't flush them out soon or get em in some new soil asap..but hey you can always leave em in that acidic shit and let em die..adding salt to your soil may help temporarily but you don't wanna keep doing that either as it will lock out the other nutes eventually and you'll be back to square one...but you do what you want bro

9. mike

mike Veggy Stage

Could you not just add more phosphorus and potassium in with it. To help ballance out the high nitrogen levels ? just asking. Cause I have the same exact problem. Leafs turning down like horns.

10. Mr. Wakenbake

NO you can't man. The soil has too much fert in it, especially N. To get rid of it you either have to flush until most of it leaches out, or you need to get them into some better soil, period.

11. Project-X

Project-X Mayor of Trichome Valley

Hey mikey84..........I also am getting the ram horn thing goin' on. The plants look awsome except for this. It's not on all the leaves but I am concernd. They are 2 weeks into flower and the buds are forming nicely. Should I flush this late in the game and how soon would I start feeding again. It's an all organic grow and I'm using AN Iguana juice bloom with a 4-3-6 NKP. If I continue to use this nute will it put the N back out of whack again? I'm paranoid to mess with them when they still look so healthy.

12. Mr. Wakenbake

Organics is diff than chems man

You need to back off the N and get something with just P and K in it....in flower it's time to get rid of the Nitrogen ...or you'll get leafy bud.

13. Project-X

Then I really don't need to flush??? I'm also curious why advanced nutrients would make an organic bloom agent with such a high nitrogen count. I have a sample pack of AN Dr.Hornby's big bud that's 0-10-40. It's not organic but it's all I have on hand. Think it's worth a shot or do you have any idea's on this.

Thanks for the help man.

14. mike

mike Veggy Stage

Good bloom ferts

Bloom Plus makes some great stuff. I have been using it for years on my outdoor grows. It has a NPK of 10-60-10. Maybe you could try it. In flowering they do not tend to use as much N just in early seeding stages and tapers off end of vegan. K is only for bigger steams and to prevent desises.

15. Project-X

I want to cut back on the "N", so why would I use a fert that has a N rating of 10?????????????? The one I'm using now is 4. Did you read the rest of the posts? W-T-F? I know your only trying to help, but I don't want my plants looking like yours. From what I've read, they are not at the size they should be. READ,READ,READ..........................and then READ some more.

16. Mr. Wakenbake

that's too high in potassium..you need to flush them plants good homey and let them recover before adding anything else

17. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

^^ yup. if your in flower 2 weeks and ya havent yet, nows the time.

18. Spuddy

Spuddy Veggy Stage

i got an electronic PH tester when i read your thread on dolomite lime, and the soil was a healthy 6.7. It's been another week though and that second set of leaves is still the only set that has had any problem (it happened back in her first week of growth and im on week 3 now)

wait a second, why didn't i bring this up- i havent even fertilized them yet :p there's about a cup worth of MG soil in each 2 gallon pot, so over fert definitely shouldnt be an issue

19. mike

mike Veggy Stage

I am having the same ram horn affect on one of mine

I flushed mine today and transplanted them into some soil that I pre flushed to hell and back. I thank that should just about do it for the soil. What kind of ferts should I be using at 7 weeks from seed ? Just wondering cause I would hate to kill such a lovely plant. At first they started curling under. This only affected the mid to botom growth of the plant. Also is 78* F to hot or what ? I noticed some leafs did look burned from the light so I raised it up 4 inchs.

20. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

spuddy, check the ph of your water.....balance it- then flush with it....trap excess water from container- retest....see where its at-

if its a ph problem the water coming out of the pot will tell you whats happeneng in the rootzone. if its high- feed low, if its low....feed high to try and balance it all back out.

if the leaves are yellowing all over starting from the smaller bottom fan leaves then up...shes prolly hungry (if the leaf looks normal and just yellowing)

what is the color of them/? any browning or crisping??.....