azamax and sulfer burner

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Feb 4, 2013.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Just wondering if anyone has sprayed with azamax while using a sulfer burner? Or knows if azamax is one that will burn the plants if it has been used recently before the burn.

Also was wondering if the silver burner will help kill spider mites.

2. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I can't speak for the sulfur, but I have used aza-max before. I sprayed it on and watered with it. It seemed to work until the mites built up a tolerance to it.

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

sulpher burners should be used ALONE, if you spray AND do the burner, your going to completely cook all leaves

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

why not drench roots with azramax and then burn?

5. greenjah

That's what I was afraid of, I don't know if drenching them works for spider mites. Also as far as I knew they can't get resistant to azamax, it is a hormone that screws up the breeding, molting, and feeding. I could be wrong of coarse though.

I decided to do a silver burn tomorrow night at midnight and a day or 2 later I will put a couple batches of ladybug's in, hell they may even breed being in a greenhouse, I've never been used them. Anyone here used them before? I know they like to fly into lights and die but I have no lights so I hope they eat the shit out of em.

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

i think the preferred treatment for mites is a drench. Spoke to a friend a while back that got mites and he did a fogger/ drench combo and it worked.

Said a few straglers that neem took care of in a tent but Fogger knocked out mass then drench killed everything.

If i run into issues I plan on using this method. MG maybe able to help you...I know he swears by cleaning everything with bleach

GH says to use it as a drench for mites, not what concentration level though, maybe the inner packing does

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/blog/2009/01/21/azamax-what-does-it-do/

Good Luck and make sure you clean really well after you do whatcha gotta do

7. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I had to throw my stuff out and nuke my roomand yes, copius amounts of bleach worked. In a green house I have no clue, when I had them outside the first time nothing worked. This last summer I went all organic outside and had them so little that it wasn't really an issue. I did mix up a home made insecticide soap and spray a couple of times ut tht was about it.

8. CCrete

A greenhouse is a supermarket for spider mites, with the opening and closing of merely the door, let alone just walking IN from the outside HAS to be a MAJOR uphill battle. Mites LOOOOOOOOVE humidity, especially the kind a greenhouse gives.

Myself, id find the blue and white labeled PYRETHRUM bombs, id let off 1 for every 100sqft of space you have, turn off ALL fans for about 4-6hours. Id do that every week for a month, then do 1 can per week for maintenance

If possible, find as many Chrysanthemum plants as you can within reason. ALL mites and a mass majority of MJ related pests DIE and HATE anything related to the Chrysanthemum, thats what is in the bombs primarily, just in aerosol form.

And always remember, a clean greenhouse is a bugfree place

9. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I dunno about silver burners...

But a sulphur burner I have used. :roffl: Not in a greenhouse, just in a garage closet.

I burn sulphur prophylactically for PM. It works perfectly. I had a bad run in with PM and once I started burnin' once/month, I have seen absolutely no sign of PM.

I have only read that sulphur burning also kills mites. I have no direct experience with it, other than to say that since I have been burning sulphur, I have not seen one single mite, and that's pretty good considering I have had infestations before (a few years ago) and I haven't bombed in :icon_confused: at least 6 months.

Never used azamax, or any other spray for that matter. I got rid of mites with a cleaning, and then a double P-bomb spaced four days apart. I do this every two months or so. Actually Sea Creature kinda guided me through my mite issues by getting a rip roaring infestation bout the same time I did, and I just watched him walk through the temple of doom first. There's a thread on here for that.

My cleanings suck by the way. I try and I mean well, but my shit is hard to clean and I am chronically time deprived, so spending more than a few hours cleaning just doesn't happen. About every two years I go nuts and replace sheetrock, repaint, etc. But my regular cleanings suck. And I'm getting away with it with just bombs and sulphur.

I time the bombings right after I jar the harvest, so I'm about a week into bloom for the bloom room, and the veg rooms are empty, save the cuttings for the next round and moms. That gives me the whole bloom run after the bomb, which is usually 8-10 weeks. The plants double or triple in size during that time, and I've never detected any residue, smell or taste from the bombings.:thumbsup:

Hand spraying stuff on my plants to get rid of serious problems is not practical for me due to crowding and time. I can just never get to all of it, and can rarely even get the plants out of the room without damage. That's why I go for the environmental application - sulphur and bombs get to every surface, nook and cranny, and do their job well. No downside that I am aware of. It doesn't seem to effect taste according to samplers other than myself. No effect on growth.

BTW chris I think you meant that after your initial onslaught of carpet bombing, you back off a bit...right? And not during mid-late flowering...:bong-2:

10. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I'm going chrysanthemum shopping this weekend! Mites will build up a tolerance to azamax. I used it over and over and kept getting mites. Ras told me to mix it up and use different pesticides every time and that seemed to work. I got in the habit with my last few grows of cleaning my grow tent with clorox clean up and spraying floramite on the plants and inside of the tent the first day of flower. Not one mite.

11. CCrete

Yea, do the initial blasting....from my understanding the P-bombs are 100% organic, there shouldnt be any type of issue with bombs later in the flower stage but some may advise against it, some may not......Id personally NOT drop any quantity of bombs after week 4 in flower...1 bomb isnt guna leave any lingering issues in later flower and should only be used to maintain an infestation

The P bombs are amazing tools for pests

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Pyrethrin has a half life of 12 days in soil and several hours for air borne. So in 48-60 days 95-97% has dissipated in soil usage. Toxicity reports at that level in actual consumption are non-existent.

13. greenjah

Thanks for all the advice. Good to hear the sulfur might help. I have used the bombs a few times and they seem to not work so well for me. What kind exactly do you guys use?

I got mine from the local hydro store. This was indoors in a 10 by 10 or a bit bigger room not the greenhouse. I've heard that switching the sprayed up is good, my buddy has floramite I will probly start switching the azamax and that up and see if I can get the bombs you guys use and throw one in the mix here and there for the veg room and try for the sulfur and ladybugs for the greenhouse.

14. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

15. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Any fogger with pyrethrum will work. You have to do two tho, and time the second one 3-4 days after the first to kill any hatched mites that survived the first bomb. That's important.

There may be mites resistant to pyrethrum, but thank god I don't seem to have run across them...

16. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I had a pretty bad infestation, ONCE, and I just hung a HotShot. Done.

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I had a pretty bad infestation (mites), ONCE, and I just hung a HotShot. Done.

18. CCrete

Nooo, very wrong on that one

The link that Duc posted is the highest concentrate/best product ......Dr.Doom is garbage, same with any other bombs

19. CCrete

Totaly forgot that one MrA

HSNPS are a must for grow rooms

20. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Yeah but the Hot shot no pest strips are straight up poision so I'd use them sparingly. They do knock those fuckers dead in short order though.