My first hydro operation on the way!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Mrgreengenes, Jun 10, 2007.

1. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

3.5 is Good bro...

3.5 Gallon is way Plenty aswel, for a good high grade output of Weight in BUDDAGE my good friend,(EASY) ive always used a 3 gallon bucket or a 5 gallon MAX, no-more, even in a few grows ive used just 7.5 littres of Medium to grow a huge plant (Around 1-2 meters easy in hight with no root probs at all ANYTIME) with enormous buds on em too, that keep going n going till their up n running hugely, and still growing srong too...

So to answer the question on the size of your POTS/BUCKETS, IMO, 3.5 will be PLENTY for your grow, and 5 is well....lets just say, extremely SAFE to say the least, but all depends on how much room you have to spare in YOUR grow room too! (Alway's a Good thing to keep in mind)

7.5 littre buckets to 10 littre Buckets in My grows/grow room, and always produce a mass amount of BUD and never ever, went root-bound on me, EVER!!! :thumbsup:

Maybee, that is just my luck, or its just the way ive learned my grow, from the space i was given to start with. That im NOT sure of, but what i am sure of, is that i "CAN" produce 4 OZ, "easy", in a 10 littre of MEDIUM bucket, or even in a 7.5 littre BUCKET, ("Alway's Filled to the total BRIM of the pot's" too, just to allow that bit extra room for rooting, always a MUST to fill to the TOP of the BUCKETS, no matter the sizes!) always get GREAT results in WEIGHT and POTENCY, no complaints, EVER, in Anyway at all, with those sizes and NO Bad HAppening's from using that amount either!!!:sign13: :) (All good)[​IMG]

3.5 gallon buckets = PLENTY ROOM for a LUSH BIG PLANT, WITH BIG BIG BUDDAGE too......:sign13: :) :potleaf: [​IMG][​IMG] (TOTALLY PLENTY my good friend) [​IMG]

Peace Out for now all,

UrBigBuddie.......:pimp: :bigok: :thumbsup: [​IMG]

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Updated pictures

Here are a couple of pics from one plant I harvested today..

Buds are hard and dense... Covered in trichs.. This came from bag seed.

It was sativa dominate...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

That looks really good. :punk:

Looks like you got the "Hempy" method down. Great job man.

4. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Great job!

Yea, its looking like yav got tis down to a T now ma brotha, Great to see such fine crystal covered BUD strait from some good ol BAG SEED Huh? :thumbsup: :wink:

Keep that shit up man,

Great growing,

Grow on too,

UrBigBuddie.......:pimp: :poteaf: :bigok:

5. Mrgreengenes

Thanks for the compliments. I'm still tweeking the Hempy bucket grow method... Over all I have been very satified with it...

Here are a couple more I will be harvesting this weekend. enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Sweeeet

FRIGGIN EXCELLENT MR-GJ,for your 1st venture into hydro id say thats a great grow to be proud of anytime nevermind your 1st time...so the big question is mr-GJ...are you now 'converted ' to hydro,lol?Cheers:smokin:

GREAT PICTURES AS USUAL ALSO MAN!:rocker:

7. theory

theory I PLEAD THE FIFTH

Dam mrgreenjeans stay down. Nice lookin plants man, I guess some has the greenthumb....:punk:

8. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

nice first venture into hydro, mr GJ! :ebert:

9. Mrgreengenes

I would say that I'm sold on this Hempy bucket method that it works, and until I find something better I'm sticking with it!

Thanks guys. I'll post some numbers when all cut an dried....

10. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

WOW

very impressed

11. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

awesome, to say the least

That oughta keep you busy for a while....:5eek:

Just wonderful, Mr GJ!! :thumbsup:

12. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I agree

I'm only in the seedling stage of my first Hempy grow, but I already like it better than any other methods I've used. It is so simple and easy to maintain.

13. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

those are 10's man.....all of em....

they look perfect.....

let us know how they smoke....I love watching your grows man, always tip top if greenjeans is involved....

14. Mrgreengenes

Hey krondikebar, The Bubblelicious has a nice fuity smell to it, and the snoke is great!.. Heavy in the head and body tingling,, I just want to hang out on the couch and vegg.. Great stone.. I'll post a full report in Strains and crosses sextion under smoke reports... :punk:

15. Mrgreengenes

update

Check out the main Cola I just harvested! Enjoy!

[​IMG]

This was also grown using the Hempy grow method

16. Shine Down

Shine Down plays in cabinets........

everything looks great, and the method is flawless....and the main cola is outstanding

can anyone tell me the difference between vermiculite, and perlite, i know they ARE not the same, i have seen grows done like this with all perlite....

just looking for some clarification, if there is a post in the archives or FAQ that i might have missed, can someone link me to it....

17. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

vermiculite and perlite are kinda of the same thing, but at the same time they are very different....

I DO believe that vermiculite contains ASBESTOS, although im pretty sure they have new kinds without....

VERMICULITE is soft and squishy....light brown color....the peices are pretty much the same size as perlite....Perlite is more rock like, and vermiculite is more of a spongy matter...

The vermiculite helps to hold/absorb some moisture inside the pot, where if you used only perlite, MOST of your nutrient water would drain only to the bottom.....

vermiculite is also common in mycelium/fungus growing....Growing shrooms is quite and experience as well....I rather enjoyed it....:tongue9:

18. Mrgreengenes

Found 2 male bananas on my Mysty after the harvest so I pollinated a lower bud to get some female seeds... Very nice find!!!... later:punk:

19. deadrekkon

deadrekkon Germinated

Ive read your entire grow log here of the hempy method and im still a lil confused on the watering and how the res plays a role in it...i mean when you water, do you just let a little bit of water come out of the hole or do you water until it has gone above the hole? And how do the roots see any of the water in the res if they dont come out of the bucket, im a newb to growing in general and defenitly to hydro obviously so its hard for me to understand those factors...but hell for your first time, that is the most impressive buds for such little set up and maintenance!!

20. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Pollination

How late in flowering can you pollinate?

Do you have to flower longer to get seeds?