Ghosts of Gettysburg Trip

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by lukesmommy, May 10, 2010.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I do believe in The Bible (to an extent), but what does one have to do with the other?

2. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

I'm a Spiritualist, so naturally, I beleive in this sort of thing. The outside pic of the Inn is pretty cool, but most of those pics seem to show nothing of importance. My experience has me thinking most orb pics, are just dust particles in the air, but the one you have there looks like a sillouette of a person in smoke.

A house I used to live in, others and myself often heard a childs voice. Other noises like pans rattling, footsteps in the hall, voices outside. eard horse's hoofbeats on the road sometimes, but no horses. Heard people arguing outside a lot, but our nearest neighbors were 1/4 mile away and rarely home. The house was on stilts and I kn ow somebody's gonna say someone was walking inside, severel different people who were alone in the house, not moving could feel the house shaking, no wind, nobody else there. Could sometimes catch faint reflections in windows of an old woman and child. And occasionally see lanterns moving about the woods but never accompanied by the sounds of footsteps, which considering the terrain, there would definitely be noise if soemone was walking around there.

The house itself wasn't very old, and only two other families had lived there, but the history of the area involves a land fued between two families, and reported problems with a local Indian tribe.

The story is that the more influential family owned most of the land on both sides of the river, the father was a Judge and operated a ferry crossing/trading post near a natural spring.

They ad arrangements with the local tribe to wear a red ribbon or sash while collecting water to show they were friendly. On 3 incidences, 2 of them apparent Indian attacks, the father was killed by a tomahawk blow to the head while surveying his land, the daughter aged about 12-15 years old was killed while collecting water for a passing stage-coach(no red ribbon found near her) and an Aunt was killed by a rifle shot early in the morning. The family burial ground is easy to find, right on top of the only hill/mound in the area, just follow a small path about 40-50 meters up the hill and there it is on top. Every time I've been up there there's always a coldish warm, electrical feeling in the air.

3. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Absolutely. You seriously dont believe in ANYTHING? Thats a shame.

Great thread guys, Ive had some 'experiences' but nothing great to share so I wont bother mentioning them. I absolutely believe in Paranormal activity and watch anything I can on it.

Looking forward to more posts hearing you alls stories.

4. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

I agree as far as Orbs go... I never really thought much of them until almost all of my pics from the Inn had them present- which one of the camera's is the same camera i use to take my pot pics, so you all know they aren't in those pictures! Also, seeing an Orb float about in our room was pretty compelling... That was something i also had never experienced before. And yes, i did have a heck of a time falling asleep both nights we were there. I kept hearing things, and then the bed would start to shake, almost like someone had just sat on it. I was truly scared to open my eyes! I also found a penny on the floor, which didn't mean anything to me until i read the journal in the room. Each room has it's own journal for guest "experiences" and they encourage you to write in it before you leave. So i read the most recent journal for our suite before writing in it. On 4 seperate occassions since February 2010, people had mentioned finding loose change about the room, and one even taped a penny into this journal! It was strange... The pics i posted were, to me, the most compelling. We also saw the smokey figure in that one pic, as well as the true Orb that was in our room, which would be a white light ball one moment, change to a yellowish color the next, and then it would dissappear.

I also have had other experiences throughout my childhood that scared me to tears! One time, i was in the bathroom at my parent's house brushing my hair, and i heard someone call my name, but i was the only one home. So i walked around searching the entire house for someone, but no one was there. So i went back to brushing my hair, and again, someone clearly called my name! It happened a total of 4 times in 10 minutes, and i was SO scared i ran outta the house and stayed with a neighbor til my mom was home from work! that was scary to an 11 year old!

I truly do believe in life after death of some sort. NC, sorry you aren't a believer... guess it will take for you to have a true experience before you change your views...

Thanks again to all for sharing your stories, as i love hearing them! Please, continue to share!

Peace

-LM

5. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

In the first house myself and my wife shared together, we could swear that we heard voices, and I thought while cooking more than once someone yell-whispered "Hey man!" I am kin by marriage to the family that owns the houses and land that this place was on, and know more than a few people have died in the homes.

Also, after being the witness to and first on the scene of a wreck that killed a little boy whom I had known all his life and had been in the Scouts with his older brother forever (His mom was almost paralyzed, and the other driver I had known forever as well had it bad for a while): I was in bed weeks later, felt guilt stricken, like my first aid certification should have saved this kid from a head on collision, and I swear I saw him appear in front of me with an, "It is OK" feeling and look.

With those experiences told, I don't really believe in ghosts like I don't believe in god. I am not going to say 100% I don't on either case because no one can prove one way or another scientifically, only speculate. I can come up with hundreds of reasons scientifically and psychologically that neither of my experiences were ghosts.

6. ShadowWarrior

Guilt has a strange way of haunting people.

I'm sorry for all involved in the incident of the child's death, especially the mother. I don't even have children and thought of losing one makes me sick, so I can't even begin to imagine how she must've felt.

Hey, LM it's weird isn't it, to feel the physical impact of a passed spirit?

I've read someplace that there are like 8 stages of Spirituality. There's one before birth/pysical life, and after we die, our spirits leave our bodies and as time passes we gain or lose energy through other mediums. These different planes we go through as spirits are "learning cycles", and one of the strongest phases we will experience as a spirit is as an Orb of energy. The color change you saw, I think is supposed to reflect te canging energy levels/mood of the spirit. Know how we have an aura? Well, that's the pure spritual equivalent of what you saw. Usually people get "orbs" in picutres that are truthfully nothing to get excited about, but sometimes it does happen. The most solid one you ave there appearing in a yellowish color, I'd say is real, the rest are probably just dust, or MAYBE the sort of by-product of high spiritual concentration. Energetic dandruff, is a way to think of it.

It's also not unheard of for blood-stains to appear after a violent crime. This is typically viewed as a way for the spirit of a victim of violence to leave their mark and let others know what happened, if justice as not been done. I read a story of a school teacher who'd been framed for a murder, and after he was hanged a blood stain remained stuck tot he side of te jail or courthouse for several decades until the man who set him up confessed before dying of cancer. They tried everything imaginable to get rid of it. Washing it, painting over it, it just kept coming back until the other guy confessed.

7. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

That's such a heart wrenching story LL, i can sympathize to an extent, as i was the first on the scene of my husband's suicide and have been "haunted" by it ever since. There's nothing like seeing someone you know and love laying motionless, and lifeless, in front of you. It changed my life and perspective on life, forever. One never forget's those feelings... And for a few months after his death, it was almost all i could think about...

I feel that he has passed on to a better place, but for a few months there, i truly believe he was still around me, all of the time. it is a chilling memory.

Peace

-LM

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yeah NC- I get what yer shooting at. Even after the bed covers incident at the B&B I'm a skeptic. God, religion, ghosts, paranormal.....

I have a close friend who's a Baptist preacher and swears one day he'll be dunking my head. We both respect each other and have great long conversations challenging each others belief or non-belief. His favorite line at the end of each debate is: "If you're right and I'm wrong then I'll never know and have lost nothing. If I'M right and YOU'RE wrong you're pretty well screwed."

cheers.....thanks for the pics LM. Believer or not their pretty cool.

9. LionLoves420

That is a popular amateur Philosophical argument that holds no grounds. It is like a gambler saying, "If you don't buy a lottery ticket you lost your chance at millions, if you did, at least you have the chance even though you wasted a dollar."

That whole crash situation was crazy. Family didn't talk to any of the three of us on the scene, or the other driver, for years afterward. They and the police thought we had been racing (the guy that caused the crash in front, another guy behind him, then me, and then another friend, all coming home from school). That got cleared up quick. The accident happened on a curve, and the guy who caused it lost control going too fast in an SUV. If we had been racing, I would have been in front with my Camaro compared to the trucks my boys were in and I would have cause the accident, or been able to avoid it.

They made us go to psychologists and the whole nine yards. I am thankful I was prepared, had a blanket (used it for shock on the guy involved), knife, and first aid kit, but unfortunately none of that saved the kid. His mom was on the way to pick up the middle brother from the middle school that was beside our high school.

10. ShadowWarrior

Well, I could shoot myself in the leg and possibly never walk again, or maybe even bleed to death. But I guess I'll never know the outcome of that scenario. I just have faith that it's a stupid fucking idea.

I don't, however, have faith in a single god/godess/spiritual entity having supreme power over everything.

I think spiritual activity can be documented scientifically, though, through photograpy and audio recordings. It's been done, but of course, it's still a case of "taking into account the evidence on the table and what you personally see and beleive". Kinda like that nut-job televangelist Benny Hinn smacking ppl upside the head and "curing them".. they say it works, I've seen it on tv, but I sure as Hell don't beleive in it.:roffl:

11. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

On another note......so How the hell did devils den look?

Did you go to little round top?

Or culps hill?

How bout the peach orchard?

Shit.....my dream vacation....been to many battle fields but not the big G

I always wanted to sit in the bloodly angle and remember my fellow North Carolina men on that fate full day ...pickets charge

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.

° Robert E. Lee, at Fredericksburg

"Too bad! Too bad! OH! TOO BAD!"

Longstreet WHY did you tarry?

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

If you're into history/battlefields or ghosts, then you have to get to Gettysburg.

Far L of confederate line

[​IMG]

Off in the distance: Cemetery Ridge, Little Round Top, and Big Round Top (Lto R)

[​IMG]

Little RT & Big RT, viewed from Seminary Ridge (it's obvious which is which)

[​IMG]

Spangler's Woods

Basically, where the confeds layed-low prior to Picket's Charge. Same place they fell back to after being decimated. The only place that I had a really wierd felling. Nowhere else.

The only place that I could allow Mort to run. April 16th and already tour buses alll over the fucking place!

Spangler farm in the distance.

[​IMG]

Spangler's farm lane

About 5 seconds after Mort was sniffing (this pic., duh), 2 freakin horses came from the L of the barn. Ppl were cool as I had to use some muscle to hold dickhead back. Does NOT like horses or (especially) buggy's!

[​IMG]

After the horses, I figured I'd tie the fucker up. (mind you: We (I) just burned one in the Woods!

[​IMG]

(that gives you an idea of Mort's height. A horse's head would be just above the rail)

GO PENNSYLVANIA!!! :thumbs-up:

monument to PA Vol's, so I HAD to get a pic.

Top of Big RoundTop

(walk seemed straight up; I noticed Mort's gait was def. more forward)

[​IMG]

Devil's Den, as shot from LR

(already Mort was getting excited everytime I threw it into park on the doors unlocked AND the snobs didn't seem too excited to see a Rottweiler, even on leash, so 'we' didn't bother to go down). Next time, I'm walking around.

[​IMG]

The Angle

(I would've taken better pics., but Mort was getting increasingly more 'wound-up' with every stop, so I was about done re: pics. :lmao: he didn't make it easy)[​IMG]

Mort was pretty good for the 40 min(?) drive, but as soon as we drove thru town & he saw open area, he was 'an issue'. We hit Spangler's Woods twice. So I could toke & he could tire-out.

[​IMG]

RkyMtnWayHigh69 likes this.
  13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

beautiful pics! Very interesting first time I have seen those places!!

That rotty is a bute!

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6

14. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Very cool pics MrAstro! I have a new found respect for you. Thats some VERY special American history. I so envy the East Coast for it's history. I'm a total amateur historian. I love the shit.

Thanks a ton LM, for bringing such a cool place to mind and thanks MrAstro for sharing your wonderful pics and great tour. ;)

:iwojima:

15. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Skeptics make the mistake of grouping ghosts with spirits/religion. While it's possible they are connected, science only supports what instruments can pick up.

There's too much documentation of these paranormal events to say they are all fake. Same with UFO's. I'm still not sold on alien abductions but anything is possible.

16. LionLoves420

1. If science only supports what their instruments can pick up (by which I assume you also mean other methods of science other than electronics), then the only method by which one can believe in ghosts is by faith.

2. The same applies to faith in religion or anything else. Without solid proof, it is all about faith.

3. Skeptics do not connect ghosts with religion because one requires the other, but rather because both require a faith requirement that can not be proved or disproved.

4. There is documentation about Big Foot and the Locke Ness monster too. There is documentation in the past that there were Dragons and Unicorns. Some people used to believe "documentation" proved that we would fall off the face of the Earth if we swam too far.

While I 99.9% don't believe in ghosts, no I will not discount the possibility as a skeptic. But, to say the belief in religion and the belief in ghosts are separate at this point in science, reason, and psychology is ignorant. You either believe because of faith in the "evidence," or do not think the former proves squat. Other wise you hold judgment and are a skeptic like me.

17. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Thanks for the cool pics MrA!!! I have some of the same shots on my Flickr page from our last trip to the G last summer! It is an awesome and breath taking sight to behold- the beauty of the area abound!

Can't wait to go back! We will have to meet up and make a day of it! Lunch at the Lincoln Diner!

Peace

-LM

18. ShadowWarrior

I don't think I'd want to have an argument/debate with you where my life is on the line. You put reason and logic to far better use than I do.

Damn, MrAstro that is a stout looking Dog you have. Screw snobs and their shit-eating lap-dogs.. bunch of damn glorified tard-breeds good for nothing other than looking ridiculous IMHO. Puggles, Labradoodles.. who the Hell comes up with breeds like this? So when are we gonna have Bullshitzu's? Or even worse yet, a chihuahua-staffordshire mix, that seems dangerous, somehow.

Great pics, too, thanks for sharing