Is something going wrong?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Dmented03, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Dmented03

Dmented03 Veggy Stage

My plant is in its vegative state right now but the leaves its making only have 3 points not the traditional 5 is this normal or am i doing something wrong. Ive never heard of a cannibus plant with three leaves.

2. greybush79

greybush79 I-Y-Q-Y-Q-R_!!

2 cents

remember in my previous thread I mentioned variables(irregularities) becoming constants you can control? The more variables you have in check, the healthier your plant will be, and it will show you this by making 3 leavers then 5ers then 7's 9's 11's 13's even seen one or two 15's. Like I said, use this grow to get know mary. She will always tell you what she needs,likes, wants, etc., IF you know how to listen and observe her. Here is a list of variables I am talking about:

-lighting(intensity and distance and type)(lighting schedule)

-air(circulation, venting, temperature69F-dark 77F-light, Humidity 40%+/-)

-watering/feeding(not OVER of either)

-pruning( or actual a lack of, leave her alone)

Like I said, Read study and read some more. Try try try!

Good Luck

Keep us posted!

GB79

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

That's some sound advice right there. :ebert:

4. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Hmmmmm, probably need a little more info.

clones or from seed??

I've often seen clones do what you're saying there, particularly when taken during flower they will go through a dorky phase where they don't look right with single and 3 bladed leaves.

they will eventually grow out of that, but it's fine to flower them prior to when they start producing more normal looking leaves.

if you are going from seed, I've never noticed a plant to do that, and also have seen plants in every type of abused state and not seen them to produce the type of growth you describe so doubtful it has anything to do with that

pics??

5. Dmented03

Dmented03 Veggy Stage

seeds

yea my three finger plant came from some seeds. and i have pics just go to my garden link on my homepage.

6. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Dude, I tried that and it said there were no images...

help us out if you want opinions and put the foto in your post.

anyway, how old is your plant?

it takes about 2 weeks until you get the first full leaves

7. Dmented03

Dmented03 Veggy Stage

Pictures of my weird plant.Ok i dont know whats wrong with my garden pictures Im still trying to figure this site out i put some attachements on here and my plants are about 1 and 1/2 months old.

101_0047.JPG

101_0046.JPG

/monthly_2007_10/101_0047.JPG.afe8d7e2676d71262d73753062a805f5.JPG

/monthly_2007_10/101_0046.JPG.04131494fbe6cffe7425c0ad1eb7cb0a.JPG

8. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Well, under ideal conditions, a 6 week old plant should be around 2 ft tall and have about 12 full nodes of growth.

so, you have numerous issues to address here.

the reason for the 3 bladed leaves is an immature plant.

further than that, I'm not going to get into...probably basically everything you've done so far is wrong.

drop back 10 and punt.

9. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

yes, something is wrong....

Well, you asked..The first thing I notice is the growing medium looks like outdoor soil...is this an indoor grow? Your medium needs better aeration..perlite. I also notice that it is in a very large container. IMO, I would not put a plant that small in a container that large, unless it is shallow, and not even then. Yes, the plant is immature. From what I could see, it only has 4 sets of leaves. It would not be showing more than 3 leaves per stem yet. Last but not least, is that tinfoil? I know nothing of the sort, but from what I've read, isn't that a no-no? Yes, definitely use this to learn the pros and cons of proper medium, light, and nutrients. It's the best way to learn...from mistakes!:beerchug:

10. Dmented03

Dmented03 Veggy Stage

(if i already havnt)

It didnt start doing anything till i transplanted them into the large container. I notice that its base is starting to turn brown though what should i do. REMOVE TIN FOIL? ??? I know lighting im working on that. i think ima seriously (if i already havnt) mess this up.:icon_confused:

11. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

If that's at 6 weeks, its not worth keeping. I would restart from scratch and do it right :)

12. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Why so pessimistic?....

It's all entirely up to you. It's always possible it's been stressed enough it will be hermie, but if you kill it, you'll never know...??? As soon as you fix the issues, it will grow just fine. It just hasn't had enough light to grow...just like outdoors, they're kinda slow in spring until the sun starts beating down on them and then they take off. If you want to scrap it, do it, but it will take just as long to germ another seed as it will to get this one going right. :)