$60 an 1/8. You suck, Mr. Dealer

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by fromthemorning, Aug 4, 2006.

1. fromthemorning

fromthemorning A Fat Sticky Bud

What an insult to the herbsmoking community, even though I hate using that term. How can you excuse charging that much? How does quality make it more expensive? The seeds may cost more, but come on. These are just j/o's ripping off the working class so they don't have to work. It's the only shit I have access to now. It's supposedly better that the other weed. Any "good" bud will do it for me. I get plenty high off a bowl no matter whose weed it is, $50 or $60. $5 more is pushing it, $10 is over the top. Come on, friends. I won't support people like that. Apparently it's not the guy who my friend gets it from, but the guy he gets it from, or something like that. Somebody along the way is jacking the price.

2. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

I know, americans have to pay a huge price for a small potency increase, it must suck.

I play Socom Navy Seals 3 on PS2 online, and have a bunch of buddies that play from the states and they all pay in the $300 range for an ounce. Thats nuts!!

It seems like there is a huge price difference for better quality. Here in Canada or at least my city, we pay maybe an extra $10-$20 for the better stuff.

$25 for an 1/8 of bud

$30 for an 1/8 of killers

Same as maybe.....

$90 for a 1/2 oz. of bud

$110 for a 1/2 oz. of killers.

Not much of a price hike round here thankfully. :cool:

3. MisSativa

MisSativa Blazed and Confused

its been very dry here lately so most times we are paying 45-60 an 8th

4. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I hear ya buddy...it's always $50 1/8 minimum for me :(

5. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Isn't this the reason why we all grow our own???

6. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

yup. just counting the days till I get to move and grow again...but I don't have the will or desire to quit while i'm not growing....so whatcha gonna do.

7. fromthemorning

fromthemorning A Fat Sticky Bud

I'm trying to grow my own. I think someone jacked one of my plants yesterday. I was walking to the location to water since it had been over 100 degree F. The plant is over a little hill. As I walk up I hear the sound of metal, possibly a shovel hitting the dirt, and I just turn around and leave. That is plant #3 down for this season. I have two to depend on if that one is gone now. If I lived in California and had my own place or shared a place with people that were chill I would be growing indoors. I've been growing successfully and unsuccessfully since 2001. Unfortunately, I'm not a true grower like many here at GK, but I believe wholeheartedly in growing your own. I hate drug dealers very much.

I have stopped buying now because prices are just too much. $35-40 an 1/8 for "good stuff" is reasonable. Over $50 is retarded and obviously price jacking.

Canadian Dan, are those Ca prices or American? I know we have pretty close dollar amounts but I don't know the specifics.

8. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

even then its a rip off either way. almost everywhere prices are too high.

9. GhostDog

GhostDog Begun Flowering

inflations a bitch

10. Mr.Dope

Mr.Dope Master Grower Of The Kind

Isnt that true?

Ya it depends where you live on how much bud will cost. Here for 8ths they are $40 of good bud. The real sticky icky icky kind is no more than $50. Im guessing the reason why in Canada its cheap is because of competition. Im sure in Canada it never goes dry.

11. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Nice to see you on the boards FTM and sorry to here about the rippers...that sucks!:mad: Yah they do over-charge but I always figured it was to pay for lawyers fees and fines in case they got busted....lol:p Any dealer is taking a huge risk but still....kinda sucks when they charge those prices.

Good luck with your 2 plants left! ;)

Peace~Jersey

12. talltrees

talltrees A Fat Sticky Bud

For everybody who thinks getting an 8th for 50$,40$ even 30$ is a good price it really isn't like I have said before you can get top quality shit down here in north Florida for at most 20$ an 8th and it is good shit. I buy ounces for 75$ all the time but like I have also said before it depends where you live, I guess.

13. bdub420

bdub420 Full Flowering

75 for an oz is schwagg brOther

Without question;)

14. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

that's what I was thinking

15. nikoatnight

nikoatnight Full Flowering

prices

Hi! I'm from a place 3 hours from toronto, canada and it's f*c*e* nuts around here!! It's like pulling teeth to get anything and then you either get ripped with shit weed or it a fortune!! To say the least I got real tired of kissing ass and paying to do it! Now I have decided to grow myself...I've had enough of this shit. I'm disabled and have many problems which weed helps alot so I finally realized enough is enough....and yes canada is dry and expensive unless your lucky and have a really great connection ( I don't ). ;) P.s. been smoking for 30 years

16. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

lol

do they also call you the "schwag master"? i thought they might. no one pays that for nugs buddy, get a grip. peace. nugz

17. Spuddy

Spuddy Veggy Stage

actually, i talked to my brother last night, and he has a new roommate from florida who stated those exact numbers.

18. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

EXACTLY............ I haven't had to buy any for almost a year. :D

19. smotpoker

smotpoker Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

hey nice to see ya FTM, hope life is better than 60$ 8th's for ya!

20. talltrees

talltrees A Fat Sticky Bud

O HELL NO I DO NOT EVER buy schwagg when I say 75$ I'm talkin all buds with lots of hairs I guess you can say there pretty good midis gives me a nice lazy high.