Well I broke down and Bought a Light!

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Nilzar, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

Well anyone who read my posts knows I am growing under a few 5 dollar CFL's in a cardboard box. I decided to break down and by my self a 400W HPS. I'm pretty exicited now that I can throw my plant into flower under proper lighting. the bulb I got is 55,000 lums. better then growing under three 1600 lum clfs.

Still havnt decided if I'm going to throw my main plant into flower or veg out my clones and grow them so I can start on a 2 month cycle of harvesting. If it takes 8 weeks to flower I can have clones going into flower then a month later start more clones into veg and by the time its ready to harvest the clones allready in flower then the clones I just took should be going into flower right? If i'm right on it then I can harvest product every 2 months as long as my mom lives. Is this fesable?:confused:

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Very do able, I've done it like that before without keep an actual mom. I would grow a plant take some cuttings flower and repeat like you said.

3. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Veg your clones up to the size you want to start flowering with, then clone them a week before you flower them. You can then veg the new clones with the floros for 8 weeks during flowering. Just "jog" the clones round their pot to keep their height down.

When you flower these 8 week old clones you'll get a nice big crop. You can keep this cycle going for years.

4. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

Like take clones form the clones? I heard that was bad. Like taking a copy form a copy. Like Michael Keaton in Multiplicity where his 6th clone was a retard.

5. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Nah its a myth. A clone of a clone of a clone has DNA the same age of a cutting taken from a year old mom. You can do it for 2 or 3 years without any probs. You'll probs get sick of the strain before it fucks up.

Or you can just keep a mom, its up to you.

6. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

No I'll put the "mom" into flower as soon as my light gets here.... I want something to flower now.. Don't wanna wait for my current clones to get big before i flower. Ive spent a few hundred dollars in the last 2 months that I did not have on my new "Hobby" time to get something outta it.. I just hope this bitch isnt a male, god I would be so fucking pissed I will prolly end up feeding him small doses of alcohol tortureing him and burning his leaves and shit.

7. cjb03

cjb03 Full Flowering

hahaha

8. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I didnt mean keep the current one as a mom, one of your clones.

If you have clones i wouldnt wait to flower the current one. Your clones have 8 weeks to veg once that one is flowering. They will be quite a size after 8 weeks so id jog them or something.

9. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

By jogging them you mean. Put My current plant into flower now. Grow out a clone. after a month take clones off the clone and veg them so when their a month old my plant that went into flower will be comeing out so the others can go in?

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

See link for jogging

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23820

Take about 5 or 6 clones off your current plant and then flower it. You can then veg the clones for the 8 weeks of flowering.

Then take more clones and flower again. You can then contantly be flowering 6 plants.

11. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

While that is true, to make it sound even better, you can also say "Better than growing under Thirty-four 1600 lum cfls..." :)