Got SLIME? I do and it sucks!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by CCrete, Dec 21, 2011.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I got this slime/booger substance in my RDWC systems all of a sudden, I ve changed nothing as of bout 3 years ago, now out of nowhere I got slime and its chocking off my roots and killing my girls, Im a month behind now cuz of it and had to go to 30 DIRT plants to compensate for my 4 rdwc girls

Its super odd cuz my temps go down about 4-5 degrees in the rooms and in the water

I even put a 400 MH in the room instead of the 1k to veg to see if that helps and NO LUCK

I changed out the entire system, lines, fittings, buckets, pumps, control tubs, feed lines......SLIME AGAIN!

I run the typical USELESS GH3part and cycle he uses to clean with per week, still got slime!

I dunno what to do but its killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive done 5-6-7-8 tdifferant things to try to knock it out, no luck! Tried hygrozyme too.....

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I had slime for a minute..i think it was the rdwc thread you and everyone else helped me on.

I just keep cleaning it out and it went away after the light was choked out. I did add reflective covers to block light to. I had even where the roots came out of the lid around the hydrotron.

Have you tried Aquasheild yet? Suppose to help break shit down I think.

BTW I wiped everything out totally scrubbed every week with h2o2 after i saw it. And I had clean buckets of water every change that I "washed" the roots off with.

Went away maybe week 3 flower..I'll re-read my old posts and see if it can make me remember (haha,shouldn't have smoked so much).

Sorry I'm sure it's shit you're already doing...but fuck I was asking everyone for help running that shit.

Now you want some tips on hempys...I'm glad to help

3. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

I'm a big fan of symbiosis so I have an idea. Maybe a few of those scum eating fish that people get for their tanks. I've been doing good with the Ladybugs with my plant. We had a Ladybug boom this year like the Junebugs last year in the summer. No more funny looking bugs from my door being open sometimes. Just a few ladybugs. I'm going to miss them when I harvest. I wish I could start growing another plant to transplant a few to so they can stay in my garden but I don't want to grow anything 12/12 from seed.

EDIT: The 2nd or 3rd generation have adapted. They're green now!

4. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Hey CC, you ought to give physan 20 a try. It's fng cheap and it lasts forever. Run 1 ml/gal along with your normal nute mix, and you'll have a nice, constantly sterile solution. I turned my hydro guy on to it, and now he swears by it too. Nicest, whitest roots you've ever seen, I guarantee it. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

-tC

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Having troubles cc?? Well hell I would try that shit the Carpenter is throwing at ya.

I hate slime. Thats why I stay ebf you dont have to put up with that crap. I will take the lesser yield with fewer problems.

Hope you get that crap under control.

t6

6. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

slime can be fun with the right company... :pimp:

fish in the roots is a bad idea...just throwin it out there :passsit:

Happy Growin' :pimp:

7. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Hey CC, didnt you say a whiles back that you bought a new house and were dropping a massive upgrade with a diesel generator and such? Did you bury it on your grounds? Are you possibly contaminating your own Water supply, i.e oil/fuel/exhaust leaks? If not, ignore...

Maybe you need to add a water softener? In my experience, the further you get from the city, the harder the water gets. Never know...

8. CCrete

yah that thing is at my NEW house im building, still in a crate, not used yet

9. CCrete

thanks man, i shall try it out

10. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

when I switched from well water to RO water I got some slime, I just took a bucket of hygrozyme mix and put the plants in it for a couple hours to clean the roots and when they were in there I filled the system to the top with hot water and added enough bleach so the water smelled like it and ran the system for a while. then I emptied it and filled with just hot water to wash out the bleach and ran the system again for a while then emptied and filled back with normal solution. I never saw the slime again, cant say the grow was a big success but the roots continued to grow after that so it fixed the slime.

11. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Hey I was thinking you should start at .5 ml/gal. The physan will foam in highly agitated water if you use too much. Good luck, let me know how it works for you.

-tC

12. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

sorry to hear about the slime

Dude you're always forging the way for me, into new territory of terrors :thumbs-up:

So you rebuilt the system entirely, with all new parts, pumps, etc? Then nuked the shit outta the system with bleach or peroxide or whatever just to be safe, and then put in fresh cuts with fresh net pots and all that shit, and you got the exact same slime again? :wtf?:

Though surely busy, pic would be nice. You have mice?

Could it be something on the walls of the grow space? I think you hang panda film to make the rooms. maybe some shit on that getting into the system.

13. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Have you tried running straight water for a couple days and see if it shows up or is this an overnight thing? If it shows up after nutes maybe something is a miss with one of them expired? When you changed out your shit did you spray down the root mass of the plants to clean them? Are you sure nothing has changed no light leaks on a res or anything? If you are bringing air in from the garage or wherever were you doing something dusty in there? I guess the ultimate would be equip change with new clones. Is it just his one setup that is affected?

14. CCrete

Im running strait water with 7.5ml per gal of H2o2 for the past 2 days, happenes within a few days, all nutes are brand new 2.5 gal jugs of GH3part, zero light leaks with any of them, garage is pristine, ive cleaned everything to a T, I just hope this run of White widow and AK47 kill it in the 2 newly refab'd setups.....all the setups are effected now too

15. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

are you useing any additives? The guy at the hydro shop said that humboldt's snow storm i think it was had a bad batch go out, he didnt say what it was doing though, just that a bad batch went out. I think he said it was just the larger size containers.

16. CCrete

i use NO additives until flowering time and the issue is in the beginning

17. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

not to be stupid but have they been fracking near you? Can you clean one setup and use store bought jug water to see if it's something in the environment or the water.

18. CCrete

no fracking. its RO water now

19. CCrete

got the physan,......it makes LOTS of bubbles

20. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Good luck CC, I know this will work for ya. :thumbsup:

-tC