Is it realistic.......

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Toker2, Jan 10, 2010.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Hey BUD, make a new thread of that can you, lets show some NOOBS why they can shut up and learn and listen and stop bullshitting

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

No Teamster, the compliment to you was sincere.:not-worthy: The shot was aimed somewhere else. :bfttt:

Foaf's awesome amazing inspiring plant....great one to recall.

cheers,

3. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

4. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I'm going to have to say that 13oz from 300watt hps is going to be kinda tough to do. I doubt that 13 plants will be able to get big enough to yield 1 oz per with the light intensity you are going for..Maybe with less plants under their own screen, you could go perpetual that way. But to do 13 plants in a traditional SOG style, it just seems like your hoping for alittle much w/ 1oz per plant. Just my .02.. Good luck though..:passsit:

:potleaf-2:

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Any pics toker to see your set up?

You running 70w cooltube in there toker?Thought about rigging some vertical PL-L's?In my grows i try go with 100w psf or 125w psf even.As you know,MJ is largely strain dependant.Space is as much of a factor in yield as light intensity. Why not check out "ICmags 70w hps club" for some neart ideas.Heres a pic of one grower who hangs the lamps among the plants,they dont burn unless touching,check it out.:> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=133806

[​IMG]

The biggest yield i ever got from using 400w hps was 5oz(more than once) but generqally i go with the 1g per 1w rule,anything more is a mega bonus. Obviously it aint what light you have its how you use it.How many 70w you running toker?Throw two of them up with the vertical lights in the veg chamber and if you got some good air intake/ventialtion then your on your way to a decent yield depending on the variables.Peace:potleaf:

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

thanks rez I know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Teamster6

7. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Yes I did that the last time and it worked great.........as i raised the lights

the plants grew up and then i place 2 - 70 watt hps right in there with them.......In fact I'm thinking of getting one more 150 watt hps.

See i only have one outlet to work with up there, If i run a 600 watt

I'm maxed before i add my fans and stiff in.

With the little ones i ''square foot'' garden according to the size of the lamp

and what it will cover.

But like my MH scrog, its in a 5 gal and the screen could be 24x24 if i let it. Only thing is I would need to add at least 150 watt hps, well with my little lights i just pull one from say a vegging area and place it right in with the flowering ones.

I am nearly PH, in several months i will have all the cuttings i need and the time to make it happen, and with the versatility of the small lights I can

have a clone, 2 scrogs, 1 sog[mothers for now] fans

And I'm only pulling 400 watts.......If i could just figure out how to get an electrican up there with out letting the cat out of the bag.

Maybe? this summer I will have to shut down for the temps, maybe then..... Till then i suppose the best i can do is 3 foot plants.

Thanks again for the link

Ya way cool links:beerchug-2:

8. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

No worries toker:thumbsup: I figured that the best info you can get is from these guys who are actually running current 70w grows(most of them have two rigged up). You'll get all your 70w questions answered in the '70w club'.I look forward to viewing your grow thread,iv always ben interested in SCROG/ MICRO GROWING,i dont have the space to grow like i used to so maybe i will be joining you sooner or later in the '7ow club'.HAPPY GROWING MI AMIGO:potleaf:

9. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Thank you, Its really fun, I think if i ever get a bigger set up going up there with my micros I will be satisified because i like having several things

going at one time, and a bigger one will provide what im really wanting

lots of free smoke while i experiment with my favorite--micro

I envision 2 scrogs, 1 mother/clone maturation area/ a baby clone area

and a 600 watt grow. Thats my Goal. Total 990 watts.

Ya im only just touching the tips of those threads but great reads

thank you

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

What i meant was the general rule which usually applies for HID.Using CFL's it works out around .5 to .7g per w.

1g per 1w is a ballpark figure. Its NOT an estimation,more of a efficiency guideline. Its to see the effectiveness of the grow by comparing your yield divided by watt (total grams harvested divided by total wattage used),in the same sense it can be used to measure energy used. 1W PER 1G = grams yileded against energy used.(NOT taking into account variables such as nutes,vent,temps,ph) Does that make sense:icon_scratch: Usually though i get 1 ounce per 100w hps so my average is 4oz in a 400w hps grow but as i said ,i sometimes hit the 5oz mark depending on strain.Peace:potleaf:

11. Potsitiveminds

Potsitiveminds Developed Alternating Nodes

holy crap!!! thats a freaking beast!!! but i still dont know how the guy mad the plant so bushy.. i vegged my polant for about for weeks and at most it had a couple of branches.. nothing like this guys plants.

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Getting a plant to bush out is easy. Just use LST tying the branches down and therefore exposing the lower branches along each main branch access to more light. do this for 4 weeks and you will get something like this depending on the strain.

DJ Short's Blueberry vegged 4 weeks and about 4 1/2 weeks flowering.

[​IMG]

This is 1 plant in a 5 gal. hempy bucket. I don't know what she will yield but it will be more than if I just vegged it 4 weeks and let it grow straight up. She would be a tall tree with only 1 main cola but now she's got many tops. ( I only topped her once. )

TheApprentice likes this.