Did someone say mushrooms?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Boa, Apr 22, 2010.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Second Cake/First Flush

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My First Bulk Ready For Casing

[​IMG]

big t double and ofo like this.
  2. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

FUCKIN A MAN THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT BABY!!!!! That bin is fuckin nuttz good bro! Dadadadammmmmmmmmm:affro:

3. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:affro: vBulletin Message

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mrastro again

:affro:

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I damn near shit when I peeked-in after 3 days. Today is 4

I cased it about 1/2 hr. ago :thumbs-up:

What do you think of my 2nd cake?! I'm hungry tonight, but I want to wait for dry wgt. and try 3 gms of Ama

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

btw: Nice :thumbs-up:

(don't mind my forgetfulness. I have the rare migraine today. Didn't intend to ignore)

6. coconuthead

coconuthead Begun Flowering

it's all good bro. you are doing a fantastic job. that second cake looks excellent. keep it up dude. 3 grams? psssssh. better make it 4 :biggrin:

I think if you're gonna get out there, get OUT there:shroom:

at any rate, have fun man.

7. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

so is the beginning of this thread pretty much when you started growing mushrooms mrastro???....its pretty sweet to watch your progress, the latest batch looks awesome....i give it up to you mushroom growers....it looks so hard to me....with all the pressure cookin and what not.:not-worthy: :not-worthy: :thumbs-up:

8. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Boa started the thread and I guess I highjacked it! Didn't mean to.

Like Skunky said: Mycology is pretty cool :thumbs-up:

I had Micro(biology) 5 yrs. ago, but it wasn't nearly as interesting until growing shrooms! It is alittle work, but fun watching them grow.

I'll most likely be trying 3 gms. tonight :shroom:

9. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

LOL Mrastro the thread is now urs lol! I kinda started it hoping someone would wanna learn. Didnt expect to get someone that learns quickly and does alot of research them selfs man. Your doin a great f'in job mang. How them P.E's commin along bud? About to get some new spawn sometime this month, Alcubenzi and Creeper. Cant wait! MRA keep on keepin on man!

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

First Cake/Second Flush (Amazon)

Not as many, but they're hugh :shroom:

[​IMG]

11. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Veils have broken. Time to pick & dunk

(note the change in caps in 12 hrs.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 1st G2G is going pretty well :thumbs-up:

I'll get pics. later :shroom:

12. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

That pic of the mycelium you have there Astro is nice. Looks really healthy and pure. You are going to run multiple flushes on the bulk right? I would if I were you. Also, have you tried dunking any of those pint colony jars between flushes. If you haven't, that's something you might look into. Works pretty damn good.

13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

:lmao: Those are fucking hot!!!

Teamster6

14. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

What he said lol! all of it. :affro:

lukesmommy likes this.
  15. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Yeah, Skunky. I dunk for 24hrs. in the fridge.

On my bulk, I cased with 0.5-1" dry verm. I'm starting to see 'white' coming thru.

Question: I see areas where it appears 'moist', as opposed to a dry look in other areas. Should I cover lightly with verm. or leave it alone?

16. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

OHH NO U PUT DRY VERM OVER????? your gonna suck up all ur water that the mushies need bro. Did i confuse u or something? DRY verm? Man u could be askin for green mold this way bud or worse no mushies!!! Fuck r u atleast misting the bin??

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Fuck! I can look thru emails, but I could sware that you said dry. Most likely my fault; alot on my mind.

I'll try to get a pic. later (just got home from class, have to run the boys/feed 'em, etc. and get up at 5:30 again). There's moisture in there' cond. on lid/sides & 1/2 of the surface is still wet. I'll add some moisture later.

I fanned them as soon as I got in and there's no color other than white poking thru...

lukesmommy likes this.
  18. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Hold on sparky lol. Just start misting instead of fanning. This will cause air to move and moisten up ur verm slowly for u. Shouldnt be to bad but ur pushin it. Yeah bro everything that has to do with mushies requires water, the main thing its made out of. Hope all goes well.

19. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

we want more pics mr A!!! I love watchin this grow! Fascinating... Awesome job man, awesome.

Keep us posted!

Peace

-LM

20. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Damn, this looks so tough, but I do love mushrooms!:spin:

I enjoy all the incredible mushroom pics too. Please show me more.:drooling: