cloning

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by the_red_bull, Aug 26, 2009.

1. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

is it true that you can put your clones into a stasis for longer storage.

2. ozzman667

ozzman667 New Sprout

i dont know how long youre looking to store them but i was just reading in one of ed rosenthals books that you can store them up to a week or so in your veg. crisper in the fridge.

3. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

I was looking more along the lines of a month

4. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Supposedly it can be done as long as you change the water out weekly.

5. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

clones

clone ur clones in 2 weeks or keep a mother as far as a slow stassis low light low temp low nutes to slow growth i'd use a low output floro like my desk lamp or some thing like that 10 or 15 watts i got one it works but they'll reachot for light & strech a little:bong2: :passit: :fly:

6. michaeldank

michaeldank Begun Flowering

Skunky would the one who mentioned that I believe. Might want to ask him, he did say they could be kept viable in a crisper for up to a month with regular water changes.

7. mt.king

Light

:bong2: :passit: :fly: IGUSS A FRIDGE LIGHT IS LOW ENOUGH OUT PUT BUT I WONDER IF THE ELF WOULD TURN IT OFF IF HE KNEW 12 HOURS OF CONSTANT DARKNESS WOULD TRIGGER THEM TO BLOOM OR IS THE TEMP LOW ENOUGH TO SLOW THAT ALSO?????????????:icon_scratch:

8. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Stasis is a period of NO GROWTH. No light required. As said before, skunky has kept clones in the crisper drawer for a month with weekly water changes.

9. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Clones as in freshly cut in a dish of water?

10. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Yeah thats how I understand it. Freshly cut cuttings, put them in a glass of water and put them in the fridge. Change the water weekly for up to a month, maybe longer? When your ready for em pull em out and into the medium you clone in.

11. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

I don't know man. I think our fridge is running a little cold because I did that shit when you germinate by sticking them in some water and putting them in the fridge and the shit froze. The seeds still did their thing but I dunno about putting real tissue in it.

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I have never heard of germinating seeds in the fridge. :icon_scratch: They need warm temps to germinate. Putting them in the fridge would make germination terribly slow.

I have read about putting them in the freezer for storage but not in the fridge for germination. I have also read that many people will place them on top of or just behind a fridge wrapped in wet paper towels for germination, because the added heat put off around the fridge from it running will help them germinate them faster. I use the paper towel method and put them on top of my DirecTv Receiver because it is dark there and always around 80 degrees, They pop in a couple days usually. As for clones in the fridge the others have covered that. It can be done, I know people that have done that and it worked fine. It is like putting a bouquet of flowers in the fridge, they will last much longer in cold temps.

:bong2:

13. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

not germinating them in the fridge, you take a cup of water and you put your seeds in it. Stick it in the fridge overnight or whatever you want, and then you germinate them.

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

ok I see.

15. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Hmm I dont know about that... I place my seeds inside of a folded damp washcloth. Fold it over on then and add a little water to the top of the washcloth. Then I put it on top of my home theatre systems vents. Keeps em nice and warm. 24-48 hours later they are all showing their taproot. Peace

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Ok..I'll bite. In the fridge? What purpose does that serve?

17. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Some seeds require stratification I suppose. That is like carnivorous plants who live in a snowy winter area they like a cold period

before germination.....but cannabis isn't one of them. Don't need the fridge.

18. mt.king

sprouts

most plants like warm moist enviorment to germinate just read the seed packets of most vegies && flowers

:bong2: :passit: :fly:

19. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

I swear to God, I did it, it worked, and I will continue to do it until it doesn't work.