hello hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by allsmilez, Sep 17, 2007.

1. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

I guess it would be nice of me to introduce myself,huh? Hello, I'm allsmilez. I'm a 30 year-old internet illiterate pothead. Nice to meet you all. I've already had some great laughs and learned some cool stuff, so I'm good to go. I've been smoking for @15 years, but I haven't had the internet for the last 8, so all the information is kind of overwhelming. I'm not into the fancy lights and hydro stuff, mainly organic and outdoor, I guess.I just put it in the garden. It's all good. I'm pretty relaxed about it. No need for any more stress in this day and age. Well, here's to many a chat, good friends, and a full bowl always!

2. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Nice to meet ya! I like your name, it would suit me as well :) Hey, you aren't so illiterate, you made your way here at least! Last month my mom asked me what "scroll up" meant!

Welcome to the family, you will enjoy it here. He have a multitude of really cool and really knowledgeable people. And we even like the bosses :) Theres the mark of a good group :laughing5:

3. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

thanks!

Thanks, Cannagirl! I'ts nice to meet good people who share your interests. And it's good to be able to express those interests! Imagine that, first(seriously) website I go to, and I'm having a blast! Rockon!

4. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I'm so glad man! We relish (well, I do at least!) new people. Always add something new and interesting to the mix. The more the merrier.

Yeah its great having this place as an outlet. Since we really should be the only ones who know about your plants its nice to have a place to brag :qbluewacko: We love pictures :)

5. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Pictures?

????I know how to put them on my computer, but ? ??? ??? I feel really stupid. I was in high school when the internet was just a baby, and I don't know squat. Is there a site that can show he how to post pics? Kinda paranoid, but I could probably trust my anonymity here. I'll give it a shot. I can only learn something new,huh?

6. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Welcome to GrowKind, allsmilez! :)

7. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

glad to have you join us, allsmilez! :wave:

8. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Welcome, and enjoy! :smoke2:

9. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I'm gonna tell you the best way to post pics. There are several ways, but this is the one where the pics show up big right in the middle of your posts.Ok, so you know how to get them on your comp, step one is complete. Now, go to "photo gallery" up at the top of this site. Go to "upload photos". Press "Browse". This will take you into your computers documents, find your pic, and click "open". Then, go down to "upload/submit". That will take you to a page of your previously uploaded pics. You can also find this page by going up to "photo gallery" and to "my photos". Find your pic. Right click on it. Click "properties". Highlight the link that shows up....to do this - Click to the very left of the link, hold down the mouse, and drag it to the end. Right click. Select "Copy". Come back to the message you are posting. Click the little button in the post editing area that looks like a mountain and a little sun. A box will open up. Clear that box of the "http://" that is already there. Right click again. Select "paste". Press ok. Now the picture will show up in your reply wherever your cursor was when you went up to the mountain/sun box.It becomes second nature. I added steps in for someone who is completely computer illiterate. So if you already know how to copy/paste and highlight, it's a lot less complicated. Hope it wasn't confusing. It's really easy after the first few times.Its helpful to open a new window when you are doing this. So you can find pics and add them to your replies without having to go back and forth. What your pics will look like when you do it this way. [​IMG]If you want to do it the easier, yet uglier way......then whenever you reply just go down to manage attatchments. Select "Browse". Find your pic. Click "upload". Once it says it's uploaded go down to "close this window" They will now show up at the bottom of your message like I will show. Also, if you do it this second way you will want to resize them first. If you don't already know how, here is how. The way I do it is in a program called "Irfanview". Download it for free here- http://irfanview.softwarecenterz.com/Once you have it, open the program. Click "File". Click "open". Find your picture. Open it. Go up to "Image". Down to "resize/resample". Change the first value to "500". This will automaticly change the second, and now the pic will usually be a good size for posting here. Save it. Here is what they will look like if you do it the second way -

spillway,-lake-berryessa.gif

/monthly_2007_09/57a6c97f4402b_spillway-lake-berryessa.gif.5e4a4f4fda62c94382662f38fdbeff2f.gif

10. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

welcome

I'll drink to that! :beerchug:

Welcome, allsmilez! :wave:

11. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Pictures!

Awesome! Thx, Cannagirl! I'm a pretty quick study, so I will grow some cojones and post a couple pics. I'll do it tomorrow if the weather isn't all crappy again. Thanks again!

12. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Nice to meet ya Smilez :wave:

13. old fart

old fart Germinated

know how you feel bro,, no internet when i started,, sure have learned alot. theres a shitload of info here man,, and lots of experience,, may as well take advandage of it, welcome to "the new" GK:)

14. Seeking Utopia

Seeking Utopia Cleaning Scissors

Welcome!

I like your style Allsmilez! Glad to have ya around. Keep up the work in the garden as you always have. As with all the information and advice around, you can either file it or use it. Here's to smoking with ya!

Cheers!

Seeking Utopia

15. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

hello hello....pictures....????

Okay,thank you Cannagirl for helping me do this! Hopefully my brain won't overheat from all the new info!

[​IMG]

Did it work? I assume by all the gobbledygook that it did. If so, this is one of my indicas. Her placement was kindof a boo-boo, came back from vacation and she was too big to transplant, so now she has free reign of the flowerbed. She's @ 3 weeks out, hoping I don't have to mess with the burlap. Stay away frost.....:icon_confused:

16. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Hello, little tiny pic!

What???? It turned out a little one! Oh, well. Now that I know the basics, I can tinker a little more. Thanks Cannagirl!

17. Seeking Utopia

Seeking Utopia Cleaning Scissors

FrostsBest of wishes on keeping her warm. We had an early frost here and I failed to get out to all the girls and cover them up. This one is also about three weeks to a month out, she turned purple on me overnight.

Purpling.jpg

/monthly_2007_09/Purpling.jpg.32817b5bee59e9454a7a5a3ea7fb4bf9.jpg

18. Administrator

Let me help. :)

[​IMG]

I can actually get the picture MUCH larger but it would jack the page all up. You want to resize your picsto about 800 x 600 before you upload to your garden Smilez. :ebert:

19. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

hello....

Wow! Everyone is so nice! I'm going to get the hang of this stuff pretty quick,

so bear with me. My 2 year old is even wondering why mommy screams at the no-no with the pretty picture.Ha-Ha! I gotta get it figured out before she can make fun of me. A million thanks!

20. Administrator