Spider mites...

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by TheFomorian, Sep 3, 2010.

1. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

Fuck 'em.

All summer with nothing, then BAM!

Guess it's time to replace my no-pest strip. Gave them a healthy dose of Floramite (still in veg).

Did I mention fuck spider mites?

2. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

read the label

On the floramite provides protection up to 28 days use other substances to keep them building immunity between applications that being said i use a azomax in between my applications a floor might and maybe even some neem or pyrethrum and you can use it up to 30 days before harvest

3. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

:bug3: :bug3: :bug3: :bug3: :bug3: :bug3: :bug3: :bug3:

i tried the neem, the pyrithrin, the sprays, and it sucked having to wear gloves and wash my hands and all that shit, and they were still there. "spray all the underneath" yeah you know how difficult that is?? seriously???

I am SOLD on those no pest strips!!!!:not-worthy:

someone had mentioned to me a while back that for additional protection you can try adding a filter to your intake. don't know how small it would have to be, or how that would affect your suction....

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

4. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

Yeah, nothing works quite like Floramite and no-pest strips. No filter here, though, because there's no intake. Just an open closet door and a box fan, probably the most ghetto grow on GK.

5. mt.king

floramites label says

Use other products in between applications to keep from building resistance I've used it over and over until it stopped working it was the shit so I slowed down production until I had nothing IN flower used micotrol then Azamax then Pyganic then micotrol again THEN the floramite. Obviously not all at once every 5th day now they're gone but I got about everything for what stages I'm in

6. mt.king

getto hu?

Try a used blower from my old furnace a bunch of used 135year old lumber from my remodeling of my roof and bathroom .floor joists for studs and old plywood decking for walls I caulked the nail holes and the busted door from my girls room :roffl:

7. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Fuckin-A bubba, FUCKIN-A!

Right on KING. Waste not, want not. I turned a scrappy old armoir into my cloning/seedling bay and picked up a Secret Jardin Darkroom for budding. Nothing wrong with a closet grow. Your best bet it just to cut it in half and run 2 SOG's at the same time, keeping them about 2-3 weeks apart. That way its easier to controls temps and costs less to equip/run.

Stealth is going to require you run some less stinkier strains, unless you just stright up dont give a fuck like me. Then again, I roll north of the border. Practically open season up here. GIDDY UP!!!

peace,

JJB

:beerchug-2:

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Yup!!, I am battling the little fuckers myself. They are a real pain in the ass.

9. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

id kill for a closet right now...feel luggy fellas

although i have completed the next generation of air cooled hoods...watch your local grow shop...ok proly not but its fuggin sweet...cause I said so

think 1000 watts...exterior temperature = room temp

stoney balony!

:alien11:

Happy Growin' :pimp:

10. LoneGirlGrower

LoneGirlGrower Germinating

yup, i fuckin' hate those things- just had to cut my girls down 5 days early because of them. used azamax a bunch and they became immune, turned into super mites, then had to spray them every other day with this foxfarm "don't bug me" stuff that you can spray on it right up until you harvest. was battling them up until the very end, and now i have to bleach my whole room.

now we dip our clones when re-potting, and switch between floramite and azatrol during veg.

for the record, though, floramite just got taken off the shelves in California, and is 22 some days systemic, so you better not spray it on your plants too late!

11. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

i wouldnt spray that shit on my plants at all lol...

spider mites have a 3 day life span, ive found the only way to completely get rid of them is to spray them off ur plants with a garden sprayer twice a day for a week...poof. this tends to not work out very well in flower. but anything chemical is bad...dead bugfs n wierd chems that kill bugs in my weed? no thanx.

option 2 is cut what ya got store some clones in water bags in the fridge for a couple weeks, keep ur laundry off the floor, alongs with food bits and dog poop...and clean ur grow hut like a tweeker with a 24 case of redbulls...

Happy Growin' :pimp:

12. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Yup Gods gift to the indor grower...They even work with the fans on...

God how i love em...my plants were infested...was close to being wiped

out...2 weeks later...looking much better....2 weeks more and man theu are growing like hell.....Pest strips=No spider mites

13. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

When I noticed the mites, I had a clear vision of being in the store purchasing my last pest strip and calculating that a new one would be due mid-august.

Thankfully there were only a few patches on a few plants, so I'm getting them before they get comfy.

14. LoneGirlGrower

i guess the general consensus is that the pest strips work. i think i'm going to add those to my mite control regiment.

15. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Smart Move...You will not be sad you spent 7 bucks:beerchug-2: :alien11:

16. LoneGirlGrower

these aren't the same as the sticky strips that are for gnats and whatnot, right?

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Nope, they are a plastic enclosed chemical strip that hangs in the room. It kills bugs rather than trap them. Sold under the names "Hot Shot No Pest Strip", "Spectrum No Pest Strip", "Prozap No Pest Strip".

IMHO Hot Shot is the best. It looks like this on the shelf.

[​IMG]

gizmo_barks likes this.
  18. LoneGirlGrower

interesting, thanks alot. i like to think of myself as an semi experienced indoor grower, and this is the first i've really heard of people using these.

of course, i would still recommend floramite/azatrol during veg as a preventative. spider mites are almost as resilient as cockroaches. as stated before, fuck em. thanks again, rr