New Kush Babies

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by sixonenine, Dec 24, 2007.

1. sixonenine

sixonenine San Diego Wave Rider.

Hi all. I just got the call from my doc office today. They got their Bubba Kush Clones in today. So, I went in an picked up 5 of them. They are getting a new strain next week, so I will return for 5 more.

Strain: Bubba Kush. Rockwool. Each plant is already about 8 inches in Height. 5-6 inch roots hanging down.

But anyway, They came in some form of Black Rockwool material. Already well rooted. Tons of tiny side roots coming out of the sides, and about 5 inch long root hanging out the bottom.

The guys at the office just had them in a large clone tray. With plain PH balanced water in the reso.

So, I have the exact same tray and tiny cloning reso. So I brought them home and hung the roots through the holes in each slot, then put then in my reso.

I have them in the closet, about 8 inches under 2 48 Watt Flouros. I am moving them out into their home in my storage closet on the patio tomorrow. I plan on trasnfering them into Organix Soil. So I need to hit the store tomorrow and get my soil.....

Would I be ok getting a small amount of soil from Home Depot or something tomorrow if SD HYDRO is closed? I may not be able to get my Fox Farms Soil until wednesday or thursday,...\

Can the clones continue chilling in the water reso for a few day under the flouros? Or should I get them into soil more quickly?

Also, I've only done Soil Grows. Do I keep the clones roots hanging down into the water 24/7? Or should I remove them from the reso every little while?

Any advice? Thanks...

I will get picks of them tomorrow..

2. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

ive had clones in a tray for up to two months before. just be sure to keep the same amount of phed purified water in the tray as was there when you bought em an wait to buy foxfarms soil,( get happy frog if they have it,) on wed., or thur.. if you have a humidity dome remove it once or twice daily to prevent mold. make sure to wash your hands with antibacterial soap before handling them too.

good luck!

3. sixonenine

Thanks!

I will keep them in the water for now. I just moved them into their new home in my storage closet. They look nice and strong after their first night with me.

I just raised the water level with some more Ph'd spring water. I will just let them chill in that until wednesday...

They look beautiful!!! Actually, im gonna go snap a few pics. and post them

4. sixonenine

Kush Babies

Here is a shot of the Kush Babies

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the Setup. The Cloning Tray. With PH Balanced Spring Water.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the Root System:

[​IMG]

Are the roots OK if they just chill in the water 24/7 like that? They will feed as much as they need? Or should I pull the roots out every so often?

5. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

your roots are fine. don't bother them.

good luck! :smokin:

6. sixonenine

When I transplant tomorrow or Thursday, should I coil the dangling root structures into a 3-4 inch hole?

Or should I dangle the root all the way to the bottom of the pot while its empty, hang it and fill the soil in around the root?

I just want to know how the roots will transplant into soil the best....

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

7. sixonenine

Any Advice?

Im heading out to get my materials this morning....

Should I drop the roots all the way down through the soil? Or should I coil up the roots right underneath in a smaller hole????

8. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

coil them! this will give more room for more roots.

9. sixonenine

Cool, thats what the guys at the SD Hydro shop told me too. To coil them up.

Thanks.