First dwc grow pics

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by ncmaineac, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Ok here goes...I have been reluctant before this to post many pics. This is my first dwc grow and i thought i would share with you how its going...

I appreciate all comments (good or constructive)

They are bag seeds as this is my first time and i wanted to practice before i blew all my money on seeds.

So here we go:

http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/500/medium/2011-03-12_14-36-51_890.jpg

pic with a view of the root structure

[​IMG]

more with roots

http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/2011-03-12_13-46-42_527.jpg

grow room 5 x 7 former closet off my man cave

http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/500/medium/2011-03-12_14-35-59_981.jpg

http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/2011-03-12_13-45-31_167.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok thats the show for now...

the light on the left is 1k mh/hps on mh for now and the light on the right is mh/hps 600w also on mh for now....i exhaust through the ceiling...i have two air conditioner vents connected directly into the grow room and i pump ambiant air from my man cave directly into the room as well. temps average under 90 usually around 85..

thanks for looking

ncmaineac

not sure why some will get big and some wont..i followed instructions which were great...but no doubt its operator error....btw they are all in my gallery as well...thanks again

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

The pics in your post are small, but in your gallery they look good. Nice looking little plants. Their roots are just starting to stretch out, they're gonna go crazy! :good job:

3. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Here ya go NC. Looks like you're using the thumbnails to get the image url. Make sure you're either looking at the medium or full size when you open the properties to get the url. Then you accidentally used the url tag instead of the img tag on a few of them. Helps to preview the pics before you post.

-tC

4. ncmaineac

thanks carpenter

my hero

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

see now THOSE roots look great!

as for your other thread:

I bet its the heat from that pump, Id bet my nutsak on it!

The water temp may be in the correct area but Id bet the air temp inside that tub is high.....try adding enough water to sit just under the pvc and sprayers, it should help a good bit

6. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

If your air pump is in the same room as your grow CC is on the money. The air pump draws in the hot air from your grow room and then pumps it into your buckets further heating the nutrient solution. You can try moving the pump to a cooler area I bet that would help some.

Excellent effort so far. Although I'd be concerned about those temps especially as they get bigger, which will happen soon and Fast, the plants will begin to transpire MUCH more rapidly and you'll be left with a nutrient solution that's much too strong. This of course will cause pH and lockout issues and once those issues get going, with those temps pythium is not far behind.

Retiree

7. ncmaineac

thanks for the help

chris- i filled the red tub from the other post with water to the bottom of the "H" sprayers.....that may help the roots some...but for 3 weeks they are a couple of monsters....

retiree-as far as the air pump...the air temp at that level is about 75 degrees...i may try to relocate the air pump just outside the room in my man cave where the temps are about 65 degrees at all times year round...but there is no indication of problems in that grow room yet....chris was talking about my other post i believe...and it has a water pump no air pump...and the roots had turned a little brown...but when you add the chemicals...the whole damn thing turns brown anyways....from the micro...oh well..

but thanks you guys for the help...all constructive criticism is welcome

8. The Tron

The Tron ONE MAN GANG

Good thread, and timely too, we are in the planning stages of going to DWC in Tronville, keep us posted on your progress please.

9. ncmaineac

dwc and tron

number one thing about dwc....make sure you can control your water temp...if you cant...dont do it....not kidding not messing around....really really really hard to control temp of water....i will keep you posted on how i am doin....thanks for checking in

ncmaineac

10. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah i had a few issues with my DWC's water temps. Listen to CC the mofo is the shit at DWC's!

Lookin really good tho man!

11. ncmaineac

i give up on dwc

ok ok i give...i give....i will not be able to keep temp under control therefore i have given up on my dwc grow...

255 bucks in chemical

300 in parts buckets, tubing pumps ..you guys know the drill....

a million hours of my time...i dont work so wtf but still...

soooooo......

http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/500/medium/2011-03-15_16-13-01_674.jpg

i am now a dirt farmer....if they dont all hermie it will be a miracle

just let me tell you how stupid i am now....i just threw out 10 dwc buckets with the proper chemicals ie..ph , useless's 3 part, calmag, h202, and enzamyne.....into my bathtub..i was sooo pissed...

then i had to make up 4 more gallons of the same thing to water my new plants...lol...what a dunce i am...and probably more to admit it...

so we will see if i can transfer 12 of my best plants (i threw out 5) into dirt...i used hydroten on the bottom then soil then i left the plants in the 5"mesh pots with hydroten...we will see...

as a back up i am starting some more seeds....bag seed but they will probably beat the existing plants to the finish line...

i want to thank retiree, chriscrete, useless, carpenter (photos,), and ras for all of your help...i will continue this thread to help others who are as stupid as i am....

all this and no dope....i will take some more perks...that should help...

ncmaineac...:passsit: :passsit:

12. CCrete

wow:angry7:

13. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

Chris - Why :angry7:? You know damn well that if you can't keep your solution temps in the proper range that you're spinning your wheels with dwc.

Retiree

14. CCrete

Gave up too quick, im not disrespecting him by any means

There a lots of methods of cooling that he didnt try (i dont think atleast)

Cover the entire area of bucket tops qith panda, so ZERO lights get to the floor and top of buckets, itll take it down 4-5 degrees.....promise...........once the roots build a decent base, it helps keep the solution a bit cooler as well anyhow

Recirculate, itll take it down atleast 3-8degrees

15. ncmaineac

hey chris

i didn t give up....i am going to do it next fall...

16. ncmaineac

update on my grow

Ok its been a couple of weeks since i changed out my dwc to dirt as i could not keep water temps down enough to suit me or the girls and was getting root rot. so i changed everything out to dirt....i lost 6 out of 15 plants but managed to save 4 hindu kush/sage (reeferman) so i was happy about that...hopefully there will be a couple of chicks in there....

now i hope i can get the pics to work....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok the last pic are some additional bag seed that i am working with...a few of those were off the hook so i am going to try and find one that will suit me.

the next to the last pic is a kush/haze that i am sexing...it seemd to do better than the rest so i have isolated it into a little box i made with a 150k hps....its in the 4th day of 12/12...

the plants seem to be doing well now....they sit under a 1k mh and i am following useless's gh formula. i am going to veg a couple more weeks then give them the 12/12 treatment....

and the pic of the plant that looks like the leaves have been cut (they have) is a FREE Delicious Seeds Il Diavolo Feminized Automatic that i got with my order from attitude so i am trying hard to save it...not doing as well as the others...but its a fem seed so unless i have stressed it to much i know it will be a girl...

there is some room in my flowering room for 3 dwc buckets and i am going to give it another try with clones....i have arranged it so i have a couple of air conditiond vents directed to the area where the buckets will be....that should help some...

i am also going to get some white lids for the containers which should also help...and last i am going to put the air pump just outside the grow room so it will not add heat. that and starting out using h202, hygrozyme and cal=mag should help....now that i am aware of the problem i should be able to catch any problems earlier.

i was thinking about going to 3 gal buckets but maybe that would ease the ability for the water temps to rise as its less water...any thoughts on that?

thanks again to everyone that helped with this...looks like i will get to save some of these plants anyway.....

i have some fusion seeds (lemonberrry) on the way and after i get this dwc thing down i will give those a try...probably in the fall as i am building a growing room in garage..using 1 x 2's as a frame and putting (i cant remember what its called) the stuff that white on one side and black on the other as the jacket around the frame using velco for the doors....( i saw this suggested by useless instead of buying a tent, like always, useless is so practical)

ok thats if for now....what do you think? be gentle...but all constructive criticism is surely needed and helpful

ncmaineac....

CCrete likes this.
  17. CCrete

lookin good, atleast some thing worked out well enuff to keep er goin.....but a lesson has been learned, so get back at it kido!!!

:good job: :good job: :passsit:

18. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Well would you look at that...

Just another testament to how FORGIVING soil growing can be! :thumbs-up:

This is why Im waiting to have all my ducks lined up before playing around with hydro.

Have you ever given HEMPY a go NC? When the time comes, that'll be how I first dip my toes in the hydro pool.

Peace,

JJb

:bong-2:

19. ncmaineac

jesse

yes 4 of the plants were in a 18 gal container with sprayers shooting up to the roots and they were the worst culprits to root rot....now most have said that growing that way is good up until you flower....then they changed to something else...like dwc...

but still you have to keep temps down to avoid root rot...please remember i didnt realize that root rot was going to be a problem..i am sure i read it but probably was too stoned for it too register...i really never gave it a though...pharmdoc did a dwc and was having problems and he worked through them...with success .....i took on too much with 9 buckets and 2 of the 20 gal containers with sprayers....

i didnt use h202 or hygozyme with would have drastically helped with my problems...i am going to do a 3 bucket dwc this summer and a 9 bucket dwc in the fall when temps drop here in the sunny south...

thanks for looking....and good luck ....i hope my mistakes will help others....

ncmaineac:passsit:

20. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

Good save NCM. Every failure is a success.

Retiree