can someone give me an idea on how much (volume) an ounce is?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by j2s237, Apr 1, 2007.

1. j2s237

j2s237 Guest

I buy stuff here and there. $100 here, $200 there. The amount I get varies so much, also depends on the quality, obviously. If they say I am getting an 1/8 or a 1/16, what should i expect? Maybe based on a standard size baggie. Thanks for the help. Just trying to get educated. I will be growing my own this year. Tired of all the inconsistancies.

2. Aero_420

Aero_420 AERO420

if you are getting an 1/8th then you should be getting 3.5 grams... For an ounce you should get 28 grams. And I would add a gram for the bag too.

3. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

"can someone give me an idea on how much (volume) an ounce is? "

cannot be calculated without knowing the density.

brickweed you can fit an ounce into a space less than half the size of a ham sandwich...nice pretty uncompressed nugs would fill a space 5 times that size.

buy yourself a scale if you don't have a trusted dealer....or better yet, grow your own

snickelfritz likes this.
  4. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Best advice out there!!! :punk:

5. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

But if you are still buying....get some cheap scales.....I've dealt with guys for years, buying quarters of nugs a week, and still have had times when it was not on point...Drug dealers like every other business will try to fuck you when they can...

6. kenneth_342

kenneth_342 Started Growing

I hear that. 2 weeks ago i went to get an ounce from someone i used to buy from all the time. Paid for the ounce went to my car and weighed it. Was 5 grams short. 1 maybe 2 is ok by me but 5 is a little excessive. The fuc#@r wasnt even gonna give me the other 5 grams. Just took some convinceing.

Everyone that smokes should have a scale of somesort.

7. PurePlaya420

PurePlaya420 Full Flowering

Well ive found that race does play an important factor when buying sorry to ya black guys/girls here. If your dealin with a black dealer STOP your only buyin shwagg for shitty prices! Find a WHITE dealer. Try the old hippies! lol thats what I did dumped my ghetto gangbanging dealer and found an old white guy that I saw smoking a spliff

8. LionLoves420

umm....

Um....I've dealt with just as many black nug dealers as white....and I live in the south.....

9. kenneth_342

What would the race of your dealer have to do with anything?

10. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I've been fucked over many a time by whities. :rolleyes2:

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

It's best to go through a friend, my friends hook me up, they never do me wrong, and they dont charge me an arm or a leg.

12. GberT

GberT Developed Alternating Nodes

drug dealers are bad people, thats why we grow right?

13. PurePlaya420

PurePlaya420 Full Flowering

Well shit guess its just me then ive noticed if I buy from a black dude I get ripped off then I say something and violence comes into play. So I stick with my whities. Cuz if the whities rip me off it was a mistake and its fixed. Just my expierence I guess. My apologies then everybody.

14. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Why the brothers bag maybe short is they just eye the bag when they buy and sell. They will look at a ounce size bag and visualize how many little $10.00 bags they can get out of a bag that size. We donot trust them so we are noticing more short bags from them. From a white guy we may not even think that it is short. For many years in my neck of the woods the brothers were known to have the best weed. Now a days I donot know.

15. LionLoves420

contrary to belief

"I's can't take da` time ta` weigh dis masta`......I's use my looken tool"

16. kenneth_342

LOL that is horrible.:punk: :punk:

17. LionLoves420

Funny is as Funny Does

Yah...there are times I've thought of a lot worse...but too many people I could insult.....

18. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Weight dont mean shit if its wet....a wet 28g oz means your gettin 'jacked'!

28grams per oz,14 per half oz,7g per qrtr oz and 3.5 for half qrtr....

...digital scales are essential to any buyer/grower as el campesino says,good advice.

REMEMBER THOUGH,JUST COS YOU 'SCORE' A HALF OZ THAT WEIGHS 14 GRAMS ,IF IT IS MOIST THEN YOUR GONNA LOSE UNDER HALF YOUR WEIGHT EVENTUALLY SO MAKE SURE YOU BUY DRY AND PROPERLY CURED WEED,OTHERWISE THE WEIGHT DONT MEAN FUCK ALL IF THE WEED IS WET COS WHAT YOU THINK IS A FAIR HALF BY MORNING WILL BE A HEALTHY QRTR! :eusa_shifty:

19. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Until prohibiton ends,make hay where the sun shines..

Drug dealers are not 'bad' ppl ,a lot of them ARE growers who are ONLY supplying the incessant continueous demand for quality bud,at least growers who sell aint selling shit,well i never did....

....until prohibition ends then just like the 'bootleggers' of the booze prohibition era there will always be a need for mj dealers,ALWAYS cos even growers run out of weed sometimes right:ponder:Depends on the dealer...if its a guy purely innit for the money or a grower who is only looking to help suppply to close friends what they cannot get elswhere.

Like the booze prhibition era... imo eventually the government will realise just how many 'al capone' style 'bootlegers' are making millions and millions and they are gonna want a piece of that pie,so they end prohibition and the need for a 'bootlegger' or 'dealer' is no more cos we all just go into our local weedshop and buy a packet of 20 blueberry spliffs...i pray for that day:eusa_pray:peace:smokin:

20. budzgalour

budzgalour Germinated

bullshit!

im a blk guy and im not sure if id call myself a "drug dealer",but ive been known to pass a bag or two and i grow my own killa and i dont fuck pepo around.maybe ur just a sucker and they saw you comming!