Let's get some threads goin in the organic section!

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Mr. Wakenbake, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I just wanted to say if anyone has anything good that they can add to the organics section, now would be a good time.
    What kind of nutrients do you use?

How easy is it to go organic?

There are a million posts about chemicals, and if we would all get with the organics we wouldn't have to deal with 99% of the problems most growers face today. It 's near impossible to burn with organics and burning your plants is almost always a mistake for most new growers.

I think the smoke will be better for me to.
    Chem's suck and that's all there is to it...not to mention you can reuse soil again and again with organics...I should've jumped on day 1 but it sounded more intimidating than it really is...even if it does cost ya a little bit more up front to get started.:p

2. HighGuy™

HighGuy™ Begun Flowering

I'm right with ya Mikey. Between work and school, I've got very little time to spend on my babies on a daily basis. If going organic can save me hassles and make it easier to grow good shit, then it's well worth the extra money. Can't wait for my next harvest :D

3. Project-X

Project-X Mayor of Trichome Valley

This is my first grow and I went with organics right off. From reading and doing research they say organics are easier than chem. grows. I have no experience with chems so I don't know the difference. I can say that I am having real good results with organics. I had to get a feel for the feeding but I just went by instinct and watching the plants.Don't let em' bullshit ya about not being able to burn em' with organics. I had a little burn early on and just cut back on that nute just a bit and all was well again. A challenge and also a lot of fun. 4 weeks till harvest and the buds are looking really well. They showed sex after two days of 12/12 and nice buds forming five days after that. Now 4 weeks into flower my mouth is watering just looking at these buds. Won't even try chems after using organics.

4. HighGuy™

HighGuy™ Begun Flowering

What kind of nutes are you using, X? I'm using FF across the board. I know that the Tiger bloom is organic based instead of fully organic, bit it's still 100 times better than the crap I used on my first crop. I can't wait to see how this garden turns out.

5. Project-X

Project-X Mayor of Trichome Valley

I'm using all the AN nutes in organic..........voodoo juice, iguana juice grow and bloom, organic-B (great stuff) works great for spraying on roots at transplant also. Did this and had no stress to plant at all,......colosol bud blast, tarantula and trying sweet leaf for carbs and flavor.

6. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

7. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

well, it all starts with good organic soil......

...........I've been using Fox Farm Ocean Forets Soil for a cupl years with not one single problem to report. Add 1 bag of perlite in one bag and you're hot to trot. :p

[​IMG]

Ocean Forest® Potting Soil

Good Things From the Earth and Sea

The ultimate potting soil—everything your plants need, in one bag. Ocean Forest® is a powerhouse blend of premium earthworm castings, bat guano, and Pacific Northwest sea-going fish and crab meal. Composted forest humus, sandy loam, and sphagnum peat moss give Ocean Forest® its light, aerated texture. Start with Ocean Forest® and watch your plants come alive!

Garden tip: Perfect for containers and ready to use right out of the bag. Ocean Forest® is pH adjusted at 6.3 to 6.8 to allow for optimum fertilizer uptake. There’s no need for nitrogen fertilizers at first; instead try an organic blend like FoxFarm Big Bloom™ Liquid Plant Food to encourage strong branching and a sturdy, healthy growth habit.

8. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

9. Administrator

Wa...i do the exact same mixture only with Black Gold soil. I always wanted to try the Ocean Forest but heard it was a little 'hotter' than the Black Gold. BG soil is neutral PH as well sitting right at 7.

Bubble...an old timer here on GK was BIG into the Fungas too. I saw some amazing things with his grows using it. Someday I'll have to add some to the mix and see how it goes for me.

10. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

I have always wanted to try the black gold, but it's just not as readily available here. i have to drive a damn hour and a half to get the ocean forest.

Ocean Forest is pretty hot. i can veg a plant for a long time without having to feed. I've always had a pretty neutral PH using the ocean forest. so much so that i haven't even checked it in a long time. i will tonight for good measure.

That little excerpt, about PH, that i posted from their site was a new "page" for fox farms. that whole site looked different. I had never seen the part about the PH level coming from the actual fox farm company. unless i have been That stoned. which is entirely possible. :)

11. Mr. Wakenbake

I can get black gold soil at my local lowes lol..is it good stuff??? i love this baccto though ..it's hard to believe how uch my plants love this shit, and it always stays fluffy..always

edit: good work on the organic posts guys...we need to try to convert our chem friends to the darkside! lol

12. Administrator

I've been very happy with the BG soil, but I can't compare it to any other...i've never used anything but.

13. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

I used to use chem ferts. Miracle grow, schultz, etc... For my current grow I used fish emulsion for veg and FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom for flower. I will never go back to chem ferts! I am also using BG soil mixed 50/50 with perlite.

14. matthew barrack

matthew barrack Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Yup

Blood Meal 1 Cup..

Bone Meal 2 Cup..

Kelp 1 Cup..

Greensand 1 Cup..

Perlite Coco 25% Each..

Potting Soil 50 %

Never Failed Me Yet Huge Lush Growth Dank Nugz What Else Could U Ask 4...

Late Matt

15. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

Well, it sounds like organics is the way to go. Im gonna have to switch over to organics after all my GH nutes are used up.

16. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

you won't regret it!

17. Mr. Wakenbake

to be honest I don't think i can feed my plant too much of the organics, and i have only had them a week, but no pH fluxuations or anything, just healthy growth, and healthy plants.

I will never go back to chemicals again. Organic is where it's at!

18. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

organics is the only way i ever knew....

I'd only ever used organics as thats the way my mates taught me to grow,it wasnt till i started joining forums and that ,that i realised there were OTHER ways of feeding and growing,etc.

I cant get hold of all the soil you guys talk about cos im in the UK but i buy quality stuff called john innes#2 repotting soil for when i repot after vegging.During vegging i use organic nutes such as bio-grow concentrate and then for flowering i use bud booster and bud bloom which are organics,basically my pot is just quality soil and perlite and that me ready to go.

Iv been reading and hearing a lot about deep water culture recently and the results,etc seem good but i think i'll always be a soil man at heart even if i do get into the hydro,etc.The organics i use cover most of the things your plant needs to avoid defficiences,bought them all from aUK website that supplied my lights aswell.Organics is all i know so im not qualified to talk about the benefits against other nutes like chemicals,etc but what i can say is i have never had any kind of detremental effects/burning on my plant/leaves from using organics,any probs i have had have been due to me under or over feeding,etc but using organics seems simple to me but as i say its thee only way ive ever knew how to grow.Peace :punk:

19. doc420

doc420 New Sprout

I use Top Max Stimulator and Liquid Karma for vegg and I may throw in a little more blackstrap molasses for more microbes.