Effects of Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by MMJSource, Jan 24, 2013.

1. MMJSource

MMJSource Germinating

What are the effects of medical marijuana?

2. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

There are different strains that can produce different effects. Some can ease pain and aid sleep. Others can give you the desire to get up and clean your house or right a book. Most will intoxicate you to some extent. Is there a particular ailment you're trying to treat?

3. MMJSource

MMJSource Germinating

Good information! thanks :)

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Nice ad link in your sig. Do not SPAM or enter GK solely to advertise. Link has been removed.

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I looked at that yesterday, but wasn't sure if I should kill it.

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

what's medical marijuana? that's a better question...people that claim "medical" need to get off their soap box because they're just a stoners like you or I

7. ResinRubber

I take great offense to that Nip. I'm a stoner AND a very legitimate med user.

8. nippie

Um unless you have glaucoma, no you aint :roffl: Just like the moms that take "mother's little helper" are drug addicts, not sick people :bduh:

To each their own, I remember having a conversation a few years back with COO over lunch and med marijuana was mentioned. He said people smoke pot just to be happy...I laughed about it and told him that's the same reason people take Zoloft

Drugs are drugs....some just have better lobbyists

9. ResinRubber

So my using cannabis for relief of neuropathic pain due to a paralyzed (major nerve, tissue and bone damage) limb isn't med use? How do you come to that conclusion? The MS sufferers who experience extreme reductions in muscle spasm from cannabis aren't med users? What exactly does a med user look like to you?

I didn't toke for over 20 years before I started therapeutic use as an alternative to opiates. Stonerism is simply a side benefit.

10. nippie

I stand corrected...I'm a stoner

11. ResinRubber

I'm both :bong-2: It is a nice side bennie.....

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

For yrs. I've taken Neurontin for neuropathy (terrible leg pain that makes it difficult/impossible to sleep). Since I started smoking again, I don't need it. MMJ is not a farce.

13. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

True that! I'm a med patient for Chron's.

MMJ helps me get hungry and digest foods!

14. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

The greatest medicines around came from plants. I take it for ptsd, pain, insomnia..... and I agree that it is definitely a med. It treats symptoms just like motrin, xanax, zoloft, neurotin, the list goes on. It must help with typing too because I'm high as a kite and I'm ripping these words out!

15. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Except you forgot the 'n' in Neurontin :lmao:

16. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Hey, he said he was ripping them out. He didn't say correctly.

17. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Res got a Bob Dole arm??

Whodathunkit

18. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Hey. When I'm that high I'm lucky if I spell my own name correctly. Good thing I can laugh at myself.

19. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

life is good

...mj is my remedy for back pain due to a congenital birth defect, (scoliosis)...also a big help with my anxiety issues...helps relieve headaches that are quite common with my scoliosis...I am better off with the use of mj as a remedy then i would be with a narcotic opiate painkiller...that said...let's make some cookies!! lol :coolbounce:

20. Sally Wallace

Sally Wallace New Member

Not everybody experiences the same effects and reactions can vary depending on the type of cannabis and the way it's consumed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2017