i know i harvest when hairs turn amber, but...

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Evil Ways, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Evil Ways

Evil Ways Germinated

when they all turn amber? when 50 % of them bo amber? when?

2. buddomi

buddomi Banned

3. Evil Ways

Evil Ways Germinated

thanx man

4. High4Life

High4Life New Sprout

Peak of Perfection?

When your buds look ready...wait a week!

You will thank me later!:cool:

5. BelowMe

BelowMe Excommunicated

Pistils dont get ya high.

its all about the trikes!

6. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

that's the truth. you need to get a jewelers loupe or a lighted microscope to really see what is going on and to get peak ripeness.

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Never heard it put that way, but it's right on the money...Good answer BM.

8. bongpig

bongpig Veggy Stage

How do you set the microscope to see the colour???

I brought one the other day thinking it would be easier, but I cant see enough colour. Is the light on the top or bottom?? bright room or dark room??

9. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Just check them when the lights are on. What magnification do you have? I would suggest nothing lower than 30x, try to find a 60x it will be a whole lote easier to tell the transistion from clear->white->amber.

10. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Skunky is on the money, you wont want anything less than a 30x loope. I have two, my 20x loope has a light but it's only now and through experience that I can use it to tell when to harvest. When I started I needed to use my 30X loope to be sure what I was looking at. If you had a 60X loope it would be a no brainer, better to get a bigger magnification to start off with, and the ones with lights are worth the little extra you pay.

11. Evil Ways

Evil Ways Germinated

ok, so forget the hairs and wait til the trykes turn amber(ish?)? can i possibly get someone to post a pic of what it should look like magnified?

12. skunky

Well evil it really depends on the high you want to achieve. The trichs as you can probably already tell by looking closely at them look similiar to mushrooms as they have a stalk and a rounded head, if you want a more active high you should harvest when the trichs are mostly milky looking still, you can wait for amber trichs if you really want but thats going to give you a more lazy couchlock high. I'll see if i can find ya some pics if i haven't erased them yet and post them up if i do, but with a good pocket microscope you can easily tell the transition from clear to milky to amber.

13. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

I WOULD SECONG THAT 1 RESPONSE THERE<<<<<

MOST DEFO MA MAN....... WAIT........WAIT....... AND IFF THEY LOOK TOTALY NICE N JUICEY N ALL GOOD N READY....... GIVE IT ANOTHER 5 DAYS WITH JUST WATER, AND EVEN TURN THE DAYLIGHT UP, UP, AS IT WILL GIVE YOU SOME KICKIN THC ALL ROUND THE BUDZ!!! ALLL THE WAY UP TO 14/10 AGAIN, FOR A "MORE THC BUILD UP"AT THE VERY LAST WEEK, ANYTHING FROM 12 HOURS TO 14 HOURS WILL HELP ADD AND IMPROVE ON YOUR THC BUILD UP, TO GIVE IT THAT MORE BOOOOOST IN THC, ALWAYS DOES A GOOD THING, NEVER A BAD THING!!!

TRY THAT MY FRIEND, AND U WILL BE PLEASED WITH YOUR RESULT MOST DEF!!! (AS I DO IT MYSELF, AN I GOT THEE IDEA'S FROM THC LABS VIDEO WHEN THEY ARE HARVESTING, AND IT HAS BEEN THE BEST BIT OF INFO IVE BEEN GIVEN , WHEN IT COMES TO HARVEST TIME!!!)

PEACE OUT,

UrBigBUddie..........:cool: :D

14. greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny Excommunicated

Never heard that one before dude...

15. skunky

me either i'm not absolutely positive but isn't that just going to break the THC being secreted into the bulbous heads down to more CBD's and CBN's. Cause thats what light does to THC thats why we dry and cure in the dark not in the light, seems like doing so will number one actually decrease potency a little and also stalk that plant the fuck up with carbs, cause the more light hours the more photosynthesis the more organic compunds snythesized so your plant will be full of sugars when you chop it giving it a more harsh taste in the end, maybe that more harsh taste making you want to cough is what makes you think that it is actually good for the buds.

16. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

ITS I A VIDEO CALLED THC LABS, SHOWING ALL N ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF STRAINS, AND HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING THE BEST, AS THEY PRODUCE THE THC LABS SEEDS TO SELL TO PEOPLE ON THEIR SITE, AND THE VIDEO HIGHLY RECOMENDS THIS( THE RISE OF 12 HOURS OF LIGHT TO 13 HOURS OR EVEN 14 IN THE LAST WEEK, FOR A MORE KICKIN THC BUILD UP MY FRIEND!!!

CHECK IT...... I DOWNLOAD IT FROM BEARSHARE AND IT TELLS YOU SO IN THERE AND I ALSO TRIED IT OUT ON MY LAST HARVEST, AND WELL.... TO SAY THE LEAST , "I WAS VERY VERY IMPRESSED"

THC LABS AT BEARSHARE AND THE PERSON IN THE BACKGROUND IS ASKED A Q'STION, AND REPLIES WITH THE "FACT" OF RISING UP THE LIGHTING IN THE LAST WEEK FOR A MORE "KICKING" AS QUOTED, THC BUILD UP ON YOUR BUDZ........

WOULDNT POST SOMETHING THAT I HADNT SEEN OR TRIED BEFORE MY FRIEND!!!

PEACE OUT,

UrBigBuddie..........

P.S, MAYBEE YOU SHOULD TRY IT THEN MY MAN..... it really helps in that feild of tricks n whatnot!! :cool: :D TUST in ME for this one

17. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

yea yea, i know lads,BUT, "thats what the guy asked him", on the video for all the doubters too!!!! what about all the people that say...." never go beyond the 12/12 for your yeild of perfection iff there is one"?, and he replies....." take the lighting up to 13 hours, even 14 hours to top up thc" (never above 14 though, as that was NOT said at all to go beyond anything above 14 hours in the last week. Iff someone wud download it, they will see that its true to the "fact" ive did n tried this to a success, and that the guy clearly states the benifits of doing this to your plant in the last week!!!

peace......

UrBigBuddie,.........:cool:

keep growing people!!! :D

18. skunky

i'll have to try it out on some of these babies i got flowering right now when they get almost done, actually i might just try it on one cause i have five clones but 4 of them are from different phenos only two are of the same pheno so i'll keep on of those on 12/12 and the other on 14/10 just to see how this works.i'm always interested in trying new things like last grow i tried using some shit called purple maxx snow storm from humboldt county and i used it as dirrected and it did start to give the plants a purple hue but it was all in the fan leaves and not in the ovules, on some plants it started to burn them and it didn't seem to increase resin production as it claimed but oh well now lets try this thing out and see how it works so look out for a response in about 4-6 weeks i'm not sure how much longer these bitches have i lost my damn log book!

19. greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny Excommunicated

I will download the video and check it out..

Skunky if you do it let us know. ;)

20. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Good idea Skunky...the only way to know for sure is to do a side by side comparison with identicle clones. One being under constant 12/12 and the other with the 14/10. What I wonder is if the actual THC percentage is going up or is there an increase in trichome production?...Two VERY different things. I was under the impresson that a strains THC limit is set by the genetics.