Hempy buckets

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by stickyicky24, Jun 16, 2009.

1. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I'm about to transplant and trying to decide what to use for my bucket. I would prefer to not have to transplant again and only plan on veggin for a few more weeks. I know the thread on making a hempy bucket shows 5 gallon buckets but i don't know if I wanna go that big. I have a sterilite trash can that I use in my bathroom that looks perfect to me but can't find the fuckers anywhere. The only ones I can find aren't circular but more of an oval shape. Anyone got a good idea of what to use??

2. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

I'm not sure if it's width or height your worried about, but the 3 gallon buckets are the same diameter as 5 gallon but are shorter.... I'm using one of those right now.

3. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I used black 3 gallon buckets also. Just make sure they are not translucent, and the bigger you go, the less you'll have to water. I've used other things that were too small and they'll suck the rez dry :bj: every day.

Paint stores usually have pretty good options. Also those "home" stores, Bed Bath, The Container Store, Wal-Mart will have lots of things to make hempy buckets out of. You just have to walk the stores and get creative.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=20327&Page=1

I'd get these :thumbsup:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=20327&product%5Fid=25283

4. justmaintaing

justmaintaing Thread Killer........

I'm using 3 gallon trash cans for this grow and I moved the holes up a little higher to make sure that the rez is a little deeper. If they do show light through them paint them or cover them with something not transparent. It takes a lot of perlite to fill a 5 gallon bucket.

5. If space/extra cost of perlite isint a problem, lowes sells dark grey 5gla buckets for less then $3