PISSED OFF-need some hellp

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by nuggnester, Feb 11, 2009.

1. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

I spent three fucking months to breed some monsters, and I am too fucking lazy to get them on a goddamn super consistant schedule...MEANING, I run two lights and I only have one timer so I have been manually turning them off....usually giving them a schedule from 10:30 -10:30 (lights on)...

well...

I turned the lights on last night normally...10:30, BUT, I woke up late and didn'y get them turned off until 11:45AM.....so they got an extra hour....

my question is...

How photosensitive is MJ? Did I just fuck some shit up? Or do you think If I return my babies to their normal schedules, she'll never even know what happened? I am kind of frwaking out right now...SO please someone calm me down...

DO YOU THINK i JUST REVERTED MY PLANTS BACK TO VEG WITH THAT EXTRA HOUR OF LIGHT?

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

No way man, it takes constant light leaks and constant timing issues to revert them back, i did the same thing a time or two.....no big deal, just dont let it happen over and over........But 4real man , go to walmart and get a timer....or hey shit man!...........maybe an extention cord to where your sittin, so when its time you just have to move your fingers and not your body, i've been that high too man......But RELAX, it'll be ok, you just need a hug.....I mean NUG

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

You should be fine BUY A TIMER don't cheap out now.-Bud

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

You're fine.

One suggestion. For the price of another timer, you can buy a power strip(I think they all have fuse's now). They add alittle safety. Plug the power strip into your timer and plug the light's into the ps.

5. nuggnester

Thanks for the quick responses

This is why I like building a report (spell that right, sounds like repor...) with you fine gentlemen/ladies...I love this community...I cannot imagine the loyalty you 1,000 posters + have...love it...

you're right...why would I cheap out now? I am broke as a JOKE, but an additional $20 timer is a necessity! Hmmm...I might go digital!

These girls are just...wow...I cannot wait to show it all when it's said and done....

You guys will be impressed. No Joke...

mrastro- gonna look into the power strip... I am not familiar with the piece of technology you are speaking of, but nothing google cannot fix! Thanks dude.

6. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Hermies are the bigger concern!

But still one hour...once...should be ok.

The coolest thing I've seen of late was a power strip that had a built in digital timer for some of the outlets. I'm not kidding, power strip and timer in one. It was $25 on some hydro website.

Good luck...

Grat

P.S. I've tried the "self timer" before...just doesn't cut it in the consistency dept. :wink:

7. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

As he just said, watch for hermies.

If your are breeding though, like you said, this will highlight any hermie traits in your stock. One light slip like this probs will not cause any problems. I know ive done it before (timer failure.)

Just keep an eye on them.

8. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

You have to be careful with those power strips. They only have a 15A fault in it. So what all you plug in should not be more than about 12A or it will pop from time to time. And ya dont want that when its your lights. Good luck.

9. Gratitude

Good point...but...

Some of us are way under 12A total consumption...

400w HPS, 110w of CFL, 115w of fans...

I wish we could all grow on Neon's scale:wink:

Grat

10. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Timer

Ya GOTTA get a Timer dude!

That's silly to have to unplug ur lights everyday or night.. U would be surprised where all u can buy timers, I see them everywhere. SO get out there and grab one, NUG

GFam

11. BlazeOne

BlazeOne Pothead Extraordinaire

I'm glad you found out it wasn't bad news for your plants, I used to do the same thing and the same schedule in fact, it always worked for me but i still like the timers they help alot if you have to go anywhere and not have to worry about your lights being on too long or off too long either.

12. nuggnester

Thanks for the replies fellers

I got me a digi timer...has two grounded outlets in it...meaning it can withstand 15A (1,800W), so now my 600W and 400 W SunSystem HIDHPS will be on the same timer....SICK...now I have an extra timer for my inline fan....

I am pretty sure I am maxing out my breaker for this one room...LOL...two lights, 8" vortex, and two other standard household standing fans (one inside grow room to make stems strong, and one to exaust hot air from inside my grow room to the initial outside room)...my vortex takes care of all the hot air in the lights, and also provides my necessary negative pressure inside the grow room.

I've never had lights this cool before...

this 8" vortex...R...O...C...K....S....!!!!

if i was blind and deaf, and I touched the tempered glass or top of the reflector, I would have NO CLUE that there was a 600W HPS bulb like 3 inches away! fucking nuts! I could literally grow my colas into the glass and they probably would show ABSOLUTELY NO SIGNS OF BURN...never imagined...

speaking of lights....time to go turn em on! My digital timer won;t take effect until tomorrow night I do believe...something about having to wait 24Hr after programming it...sucker took in tons of info...like daylight savings start/end....specific dawn/dusk times...shit I'm worried it's got GPS and a goddamn microphone!

13. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Yup yup man those 8" centrifugal fans move some air don't they!? The 8" valuline(435CFM) we installed over at my buddies place keeps the rooom at 78*F running a 1000W digital. The temps felt so good I could get the damn 1000W almost as close as my 400W. In three days nothing wrong with the 2 vegging clones and 4 newly rooted clones. I need a damned air cooled hood for my cab fo sho! I was really impressed. I have no doubts you completely love it now.

14. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

I was just putting that out there. A 1000w HPS will draw about 9A. So if someone tried to hook up 2 on a surge protector it would pop the curcuit.

I have a 1000w and a 4" fan on one. That is about 12A draw.

15. CCrete

I have a 600HPS, 400HPS, 8inch blizzard fan, 16inch oscillating fan, 4inch fan, 6inch exhaust inline fan and 6inch intake fan on 1...8 recepticle power strip, NO isses here, been like that day in and day out for over a year AND on the same plug I have another 400MH and 2...4inch fans hooked up on a power strip....all on the same wall outlet......oh ya and a deep freezer

16. Gratitude

I'm not gonna actually say it...

...but just because IT hasn't happened doesn't mean IT never will.

Do the Math, be safe.

No offense intended Chris...I wanna see harvest photo's! not...well you know.

Peace

Grat

P.S. this post script is intended to ensure that this post not be construed by anyone as "preachy". :smokin:

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

It's not losing light 'till I notice(haven't tripped yet)...it's the FIRE I worry about. You can live with a loss of light. Better than a loss of life.

18. CCrete

Ya i know, I think i left out alot of info....i had my house re-wired and with that room in mind, I had the electrician do a separate break to that room with a higher amp.....

Thanks for caring atleast GRAT, stay safe