Odor issue

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by stickyicky24, Sep 3, 2009.

1. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

So my AK48's are hitting their 6th week and even though I have a 6" carbon scrubber the smell is getting through. It seems after their lights off cycle when lights come on and I get home from work after being out of the house and having a fresh nose I smell it. Now it doesn't like stink up the whole house or smell by the road or anything just outside the room they are in but I would rather not risk anything and I realize its going to get worse. So my question is do any of you think that a 2nd scrubber would help or do you think if the one doesn't get it done then it's not worth it. I probably wouldn't wanna buy another fan so it would be attached to the end of my exhaust which means the air would be moving through it a little quicker then getting pulled through. Part of my issue is that I'm exhausting my tent into the room its in because exhausting outside isn't an option. So tell me what you guys think.

2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I think your problem is that your exhausting in the same room-Bud

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Bingo!

4. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

How old is your carbon? Even if you are rescrubbing it should still cut down on the smell. Maybe get a de ionizing fan or an air purifier and run those out side of the tent. Ona gels work wonders to.

5. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

stinky weed

i use an exaust filter on a timer:bong2: :passit: :fly:

and a scrubber if that dont do it exaust in a box,closet, or attic with a fillter and an ozone generator

6. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Big mistake.

Like MK asked, how old is the carbon? it might need to be replaced. Also, don't use your scrubber on a timer if it is, keep it going all the time other wise the smell will leak out. Been there done that.

7. mt.king

misake huh! i dont smell it a block away anymore & the police k-9 parked across the street for half the evening every 2 or 3 days dosent seem to notice and yes how old is the fillter?

:bong2: :passit: :fly:

8. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

IMHO you lucky, I had k9s around my house becasue of a wreck and the fuckers bailed and dumped some dope.

Anyway i freaked and killed 100 seedlings, Just in case ? lol

Also you got Balls lol just kidding mk

9. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

If you have been out of the house all day the air gets a chance to settle and the smell can build up. I find that once the air is distrubed it goes away quickly. Try having a desk fan blowing in the areas that is effected and get one of them plug in air fresheners to mask it.

10. skunky

Yea well you couldn't smell mine standing right in front of the cabinet, only if you open it or turn the exhaust off. But what do I know?:rofl:

Look man a scrubber doesn't work if air isn't being pulled through it and without the negative pressure created by the exhaust fan the smell can and will leak out. Take my advice or leave it, I know what I'm talking about. Not like I just started doing this shit.

11. stickyicky24

I have 2 ONA blocks in the room one at the end of the exhaust duct which is under a bed and the other sitting out on a dresser. Once I enter the room all I smell is the ONA, but outside the room in the hallway I smell skunky nug.

Bud and Res...........I realize getting the air outside is the best option but unfortunately not doable. Just blame it on poor planning this go round.

Skunky.......I'm with ya I know that you're suppose to pull the air through. I figured pushing it through wouldn't do much but I thought maybe since it's at the end of a 10' duct run the air is moving slow enough that it might still scrub it a little.

Skuzz......I don't notice it after getting home and walking around a bit but I figure I just got used to it that quickly.

The only reason I'm even considering picking up another filter is because HTG sent me 3 HPS bulbs 2 Sunmasters and an Agormax with my last order. Anyway another local shop said they would take back the AgroMax and give me store credit......so I could essentially get the filter for free. This is what I get for not properly planning this grow:roulette: I've been having to adjust the entire time.....a mistake I won't make again.

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:shocked: no kiddin?:laughing1:

13. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Damn, who would have thought to run the scrubber all the time?!? Word of advice Mt.K, if Skunky tells you something is a mistake......you might wanna listen. Not only are you going to have less odor, your room is constantly being supplied fresh co2 rich air.

Sticky :thumbsup: on the ONA blocks, they work awesome. If they start to weaken, just flip em over. Pushing or pulling, the scrubber will still work fine, it's just that fans are a lot more effecient pulling air as opposed to pushing it.

-tC

14. mt.king

odor

yep negative pressure

:bong2: :passit: :fly:

15. skunky

Res man I knew you would catch me. Don't let anyone know my secret that I'm a fake, never grown a plant in my life. I told you to keep that between me and you. SEEEESH! Can't let anyone on to that.:rofl:

Sticky, maybe you could someone make a muffin fan with the ONA blocks to help out. Hey man and about the grow, you live and you learn. Bet you won't make the same mistakes in the future and when upgrade or build another room(if you do) you will for sure take more things into consideration.

16. mt.king

filters

i remember 40gal rubermaid trash cans with 2 inch holes drilled in it lined with a screen filled with expanded charcoal pellets with a 5 galon bucket wraped with a screen the bucket was in the middle of the charcoal with a lid on it and a 8 inch ac duct coming out of the bucket up out of the charcoal pellets with a piece of counter top glued & screwed to the top of the trash can sealed around the ac duct comeing out of the 8 inch hole in the formica counter top & a 1.500 cfm squirl cage fan out of an old furnace ... that was one of the several exaust filters used back in the day when i was a helper for a grow master in charge of 300 flowering plants thats when it was hard to get things that are so easey to get now

now im the captain of my own ship i remember the pioneers had it rough

but annyway those crude filters worked real well in a exaust setup and as scrubers 300 six bud plants in flower stink in the room but you could'nt smell anything outside the rooms

:passit: :fly:

17. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

That would freak me totally out. I believe the "no tell, no smell, no cell" thing. Im growing my second grow, this time AK47. They are in the second week, so no smell SO FAR.

But IF they do get to stinking to high Heaven...I will stick with my White Widow from now on!

I guess evey company selling White Widow is selling something digferent...but my first grow was WW from bcseedking.com and I had 7 plants in Hempys...with almost NO smell at all.

PLUS, it was some of the best weed Ive ever smoked---and Ive been smoking 40 years. Im seious---Im talking "one hit wonder weed", for sure.

I was worried that it had no smell to speak of...because I believed you could "tell by the smell" how good weed is. WRONG! LOL! The one thing I learned for sure is, the smell aint got shit to do with the potency--

Once mine was dried and cured, I offered a bag to mjy friend to rioll us a doob. He sniffed it and said,

Sure dont smell like much..."

We each had three hits and put it out. Ten minutes later, he was going, "Uh...what was I just talking about?"

Anyway---if smell is a problem...order your next seeds from bcseedking and ask for the WW. LOL!

Dixie

18. stickyicky24

Dixie........I also have WW going and it doesn't stink anywhere near as bad as the AK. And I hate to tell but if aren't about the smell during the grow good luck with those AK47's.........I hear they are one of the worst and just as bad if not worse than the AK48. As far as my issue.........I said screw it. I can live with being able to smell it in the hallway no one comes here anyway. I ended up swapping out the bulb for 3 more ONA blocks, 2 sets of good spring loaded snips, a bottle of Botanicare Clearex and a new set of the nice light hangers. The place I took it to gave me 90 in store credit for a bulb that was given to me as an extra from HTG so I'm not complaining. Im gonna put one of the ONA blocks right outside the door so the hallway should be good.

19. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

I also had the same problem last week sticky. I have a DIY scrubber and changed the carbon in it when smell became an issue. Since I changed my carbon I'm back to zero smell. Peace

20. stickyicky24

Ya I would have thought the carbon myself but I've only been runnin this filter for 3 months and my humidity has never topped 50%.