Marijuana potency surpasses 10 percent, U.S. says

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Toker2, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

2. SidVicious

SidVicious Developed Alternating Nodes

I always wondered what those percentages are based on anyway. Percent of plant material?

3. daytrypper

daytrypper A Fat Sticky Bud

Nobody knows, the feds like throwing big numbers around to scare people.

4. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Percentages dont mean shit.

Percentage of what? Theres no standard.

5. daytrypper

daytrypper A Fat Sticky Bud

Chance of death increases by 100% just by being alive.

6. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

So then all the stuff i read at Normal and else where.......INCLUDING

vendors is bullshit and i can consider it a means of selling me?

Just saying........

IN another words when a vendor claims a % of say up too 20 %

He really means like anywhere from who the fuck knows to bum fucked egypt.........depending on your skill and shit?

7. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

I prefer 100% of my cannabis to be potent. WTF kind of pencil shavings were these guys smoking? :roffl:

8. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

You can judge the rest of thats vendors stock by their percentages but its become irrelevent once you try and compare that to another vendor.

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

They are saying that Marijuana today is more potent than marijuana of say 30 years ago. They're saying that the THC content in higher in today's modern strains of MJ. This is of course true. Breeders have been selectively breeding for potency right? There are a some Medical Cannabis Dispensaries in CA that are now doing laboratory testing in order to determine the specific THC and CBD percentages in a given sample of MJ. They use gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry (GC/MS). Check out this Dispensary http://www.harborsidehealthcenter.com/ They are doing THC % testing in their own lab. One of the first. This same technology that the feds are using to try and keep their "war on drugs" going is also being utilized by the medical cannabis industry to further legitimize the medical cannabis industry.