Canna Butter - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by Midnight Garden, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I took about a quarter ounce (rough guess) of afgoo and devil's weed...

[​IMG]

Added two sticks of butter...

[​IMG]

Simmered on a double boiler for 2 hours...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Strained it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then used the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and made these...

[​IMG]

2. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum I will take a dozen of those!!!

t6

3. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

I bet you gonna be couch locked for hours n days :roffl: :roffl: :roffl:

Enjoy

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Didn't you get any of mine, T6? I know Bud did.

I use the exact same recipe (Keep It Simple), but I use 3/4 oz. ground bud only. I save my trim for hash only.

Ask Bud how they are :thumbs-up:

5. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

I go for max otency and use at least an oz of trim and fluff bud per 2 sticks of butter.... the last batch i made i used 1.5 oz and man half a cookie kicked your ass... had me couch locked for hours

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Yes I did and they were kick ass. They gave me the shit giggles
    t6

7. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

They are definally great around the holidays I had to hide them from the wife-Bud

8. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

OK. I don't think I've ever released this 'cause I sound gay. Fuck You. I don't have kids, so they're it, and FU.

I typically only have cookies around the holidays. I like to treat. Had requests this summer, but never could. If I need a 'night off' from The Boys, 1 each and it's like their off somewhere. Out.

I was 1/2 in the bag, making cookies, turned around and couldn't remember if I just made 9 or 18...

Apparenly I only made nine.

(click-the-pic)

[​IMG]

This was alittle after trying to wake him

[​IMG]

I sorta-kinda laugh at it now, but he was SOOO fucked-up :thumbs-up:

(I would strongly discourage blowing smoke in a puppy's face, but once they're mature...)

He didn't walk straight, nor normal speed 'till later the next afternoon. He ate them 9-10 pm and wasn't 'right' 'till 5-6 pm-ish next day :thumbs-up:

(I was actually starting to get worried about him)

9. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

See how F'd-up my mind is???

I guess I best be extra KIND, as to cover all my bases :rofl:

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

As long as I get caught-up (I'll 'make' caught-up) in the next 2-3 months, I'll be bakin' :thumbs-up:

I just took in a CH./PB cake to butter-up the Powers That Be and I was a hit :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

And NO... I'm not gay, Bud :321fu:

11. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

man if I blow smoke into Scotch's face he hates it... I mean HATES IT!!!!!!

He snorts and sneezes and then looks at me like dude WTF????? lol maybe next time ill make choc free doggie cookies for him lol.... though hes soooo quiet and mellow I dont see why I would want to get him stoned...

12. Midnight Garden

lmao. You did put that on here once before, I remember seeing around the time I joined this site. I feel like your dog right now, dim cookies was good.

13. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

One more thing: 1/2-3/4hr. simmer is long enough. Simmer just enough to see tiny bubbles. Too long or too hot (boiling) can potentially degrade the cook, IMO.

14. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I was always told low simmer for 2-8 hrs.

Whats every idea of temps when you bake?? I was told years ago that you shouldn't go over 300*, but my understanding is that if you use unsalted "butter", that the lipid is fatty enough to with stand higher temps due to the fact fatty lipids tendency to encapsulate.

BTW, looks great...plan on making some cookies myself this weekend for a friend.

15. dowork123

dowork123 Delaying gratification!

I bake on a low heat, just bake longer. Plus I like my cookies/brownies underdone anyway.

As for the length of the simmer, I have done it for 6 hours, I have done it for 2 hours in a crock pot. I noticed the time doesn't matter, it's the temperature at which you simmer. I left the house once and just left the crock pot on, 1.3 sticks butter, 2oz of trim.....I come back, the shits bubbling hard, that was weak ass butter. After that, I made sure to stir frequently and watch the temp.

16. nippie

Made some butter and cookies last night.

8 grams for "snack pack" of cookies in a pouch (betty corcker I think, the one with the red spoon).

simmered 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, 8 grs, and a little water for about 1 hour.

Cooked at 300* instead of 350*, for 22 minutes instead of 8-11.

Got 6 nice sized cookies that will put a smile on anyones face

17. Midnight Garden

Hey Nip, I noticed that you put water in with your butter. When I searched on the internet to see how to make the butter I saw that a lot of recipes called for putting water in with the butter. Why is that? Only reason I can think of is to keep the butter from burning.

18. nippie

I really don't know, that's what I was told years ago and would think it helps keep mj off the burner (more volume while cooking) and also makes it easier to sep. after it's made. Just something I've always done, I'm sure that it would be easy to not use water but you would have to have a shit load of butter in the pot.

If you think about it thc is not effected by the water but it is encapsulated by fatty lipoids (butter in this case). If you had 1 oz of herb, and simmered it in 2 gal of butter, you would have 1/2 oz = 1 gal of butter... but if you used 1 oz of herb, 1 gal of butter, and 1 gal of water, you would get 1 oz = 1 gal of butter.. since the thc isn't absorbed in the water only the butter.

I think this is how that works, I could be wrong, but it makes sense, if you disagree please chime in

I will say it was a bitch to sep the butter and water since I really didn't have time to wait. I used the freezer and skimmed the butter off the water.

Also, the half batch bags call for a tbs of water instead of an egg so I just used the water I had left over.

MrA was right about the cook time, used to do it for hours, right around an hour on a low simmer and they fucking rocked. I got up in the middle of the night to get a drink and was still all fuckered up stumbling around.

Really good cookies and you could hardly taste a dif, you knew the canna was there because of a slight earthy taste, but as good as tollhouse for sure.

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Zactly correct Nip. The water simply gives a greater boiling mass to extract the THC into the butter and makes straining out plant matter simpler.

Look at it like this. If I have a half pound of trim that I want to cook into one pound (four sticks) of butter that's a lot of leaf material for a small amount of melted liquid.

Solution? Add 3 quarts of H20 creating a larger liquid mass to boil the plant material in. The process outlined by Nip above is correct for THC bonding so once the boiling is done it's strain, separate and use with very little or no loss in potency.

Another benefit of adding H2O and boiling is it eliminates any chance of burning or cooking off the THC by using too high a heat. Water keeps everything right near 212F. Plain butter in a pan with weed mixed in can easily exceed the flash point of THC and other cannabinoids which range from 315F- 425F thereby rendering your product useless.