Ognennyy's New Growroom Jackberry

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Ognennyy, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

FUCK flat white...

Holy bejezus. Just finished cutting and painting my clone cab. Painted the light trap black, and rest of it flat white. I figured I'd save some money not buying mylar.

I swear I'll never paint anything flat white again unless it's ridiculous high grade and smooth plywood (which I'd never spend the money on). Painting plywood flat white, even after priming it, took two full coats just so I couldn't see the grain anymore. I mean it's probably 'good enough', but for all I know a third coat could've done better. But fuck that two coats is gonna have to do lol.

I mean the quart of paint cost $10, about half what I could've bought the mylar for, and been done hours and hours ago.

End rant.

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

What, no Martha Stewart eggshell??:kidding:

3. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

IMO eggshell paint is a better choice than flat white. One it covers better, and two, it's washable.

-tC

4. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Males pulled and composted

Hmmm... very good points about the eggshell as opposed to flat. I'll have to keep it in mind for future in case I ever paint again (not likely), but I'm sure not going back and repainting now hehe. More than likely, sometime before this summer I'll mylar the inside of that box anyway.

So after about a week of 12/12 I was able to identify the males and females. I was left with 9 females, one of which was in fact the Kush I was really routing for. The two cuttings I took of that Kush are still looking beautiful and healthy, but not yet showing roots. I think I took the cuttings about 10 days or so ago, so I'll expect roots in another two weeks tops. I consolidated the remaining 9 females squarely under the light and watered them again with plain water. I haven't had to feed these ladies in well over a month now.

I can see the small starts of some bud sites, very dense and compact pistils growing in at the crotches of the upper branches. They're starting to smell a little more, and the Kush's bud sites are smelling like straight up skunk.

I think I may have made a very fatal mistake in the process of my "male disposal". I pulled them from the grow space several days ago but couldn't do anything with them due to so much family being around for the holidays. So starting three days ago, and up until last night, they just sat in my bedroom, still in their pots (my grow room is the walk in closet in the bedroom). Last night I finally cut them up into very small pieces and threw them in one of my soil tubs, tossed in some rice and added a water / molasses solution.

What concerns me is that I did this in the room from which my grow room draws its air supply. I didn't want to just leave the males alive, with their pollen sacks getting more and more developed. I also don't have the option to carry several 2.5 foot tall, very bushy plants in 12" square pots down through the house into the garage to cut / compost them, for fear the neighbors on either side see through the windows.

It's only been 10 days since 12/12, and the pollen sacks were still very small and undeveloped looking, albeit very visible. It worries me that handling them and cutting them up may have sent up clouds of their pollen into the air that will be sucked into the grow room.

Oh well, if that's the case then it's one big mistake I'll certainly never make again. When making the decision to forego sexing them, to just 12/12 and remove the males, I had not the foresight to think of how I would dispose of the males. From now on I will never 12/12 any potential males ever again. This shouldn't be an issue anyway, because my clone box is finished and just waiting to be hung on the wall inside the grow room.

I'll get some pictures up this coming Sunday, on the 12/12 2-week mark.

5. ducrider

I think you'll be fine, no way the males have blown their loads yet. no chicks with dicks for you.:5eek:

6. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Beginning third week of 12/12

Woooaaa hooo did I get lucky tonight. One of the nine remaining females I thought I had was actually a late-ballsing male and I just noticed it and removed it tonight. I'm thinkin I got pretty lucky cuz I'm sure those fuckin pollen sacks would've burst and ruined everything reaaaallly soon. As it is there is already one of the 8 remaining females that has me a little worried.

There are these suspicious looking little masses, of what looks to be undifferentiated plant tissue, at the top of the 4 main bud sites. Though the tissue seems undifferentiated at this point they definitely have a silhouette that could be seeds forming, but admittedly could also just as well be the next set of leaves coming up. I dunno. The only reason it bugs me out is cuz these little formations are on the plant next to where the male was before I pulled it.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. If it grows seeds I'll grumble and be pissy about it, harvest it, and pick the seeds out. Wanna know why? CUZ IT'S A PINK PHENO!!! I'm fuckin stoked.

I need to borrow a good camera from someone so I can get some good pics as the pink pheno becomes more and more noticeable. As of right now it's showing in the top-most set of bud leaves on the main budding sites. You can see a slight purple/pink coloring that is not apparent in any of the other plants.

I'll try to get pics up by Sunday of the coming week, which will mark the completion of the third flowering week. They'll be due for a watering in about 3-4 days and I think I'm gonna brew em up a bone meal, kelp meal, compost, and molasses tea.

7. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

sounds yummy, looking forward to the pictures

8. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

PICS of 3rd flower week

Alright so the third week of flowering is complete. The garden is now male-free and flowering away, although I'm keeping a close eye for hermies anyway. I haven't been able to keep the humidity above 30% ever since I started running my exhaust 24/7. Additionally, one night I forgot to turn the box fan back on after I turned it off. Strangely enough with the humidity down and the fan not running, the plants seem to be perfectly healthy. Maybe it's my imagination, who knows.

One of the Jackberries looks to be taking on some serious purple shades to the bud leaves. Another one of them is doing the same to a much slighter degree, and the plant and its flowers aren't as big as the one whose purple buds you see below.

I'm wondering if I should fire up another compost tea, mainly a flowering mix, or just let them go cuz they seem to be doing well.

I was finally able to pick up a decent camera. Forgive me, I'm still reading through the manual and getting used to all the modes. For some reason some of the pictures I took in "aperture priority" mode seemed to cancel the HPS effect, whereas in other photos it did not cancel it out. Without further ado, and in no particular order:

This is my kush (one of whose cuttings is dead, and the other aint lookin so hot :/ )

[​IMG]

The rest are mostly of the Jackberries, with a focus on the purple one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leme know what ya'll think, yay or nay on the flowering compost tea. I'm leaning toward no since it seems like there are no issues. Then again I don't want my flowers to not reach max potential for a lack of nutrition.

9. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

No Tea

Congrats on the Purple Jackberry

t6

10. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Looking nice!! :thumbs-up:

11. ducrider

Looking mighty nice there my friend, mighty nice. Just for shits & giggles why not try a little super cropping with one of your girls. At 3 weeks in you still have enough time I think for it to be a worthwhile experiment.

I'd hold off on giving more tea until you see a clear sign they're hungry for something. As close of a watch as you're keeping I know you'll do well.

good work mate

Duc

12. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

NO! No training in flower, itll stress them badly, sometimes you get nanners, sometimes you get a massive regression in bud production, if your guna train...do it in veg

13. buds4ever

buds4ever Lost in the woods

Looks very nice! I cant wait to pop my Jackberry. b4e..:passsit:

14. ducrider

Well, my bad then. I was under the impression that one could continue to supercrop into flowering without issue.

Thanks for the correction

Duc

15. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Well no offense Duc but I guess I won't be supercropping them heh. Looking back, I really should've done that during veg but I have a timeline to stick to. I gotta vacate the main grow space by March to start heavy veg for outdoor mothers.

I'll hold on the tea. I think I did a fair job building my organic soil and times of transplants, cuz I have basically given those ladies one EWC (earthworm compost) tea throughout the entire grow, and they are wanting for nothing right now. In retrospect, even that EWC tea was unnecessary and arguably detrimental. Next time around I'm not feeding or doing any teas until I see em asking for it.

Is it just me, or are my flowers a little small for having just completed week 3 of 12/12? I know that they're not supposed to exhibit "explosive" flower growth til around week 5, but I still wonder. I hope I haven't just grown accustomed to seeing all these badass CO2 supplemented gardens on here, and now I'm in for a let down cuz I haven't set up CO2 heh.

16. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Give em a few weeks, theyll explode on ya..

If you were to train during flower, it redirects the plants energy from the bud production to repairing the plants "wound" and in certain strains it'll make it self protect and start barfing its male side out, nanners...:danger:

17. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

really looking good there, you are way ahead of me on the sannies run.

My girls are still in veg, the plants that I sexed are almost ready but are rather small because only 4 week veg and took a shit load of clones from them.

I didn't have very much luck with JB, down to one female, but have an absurd amount of female herijuanas

Really nice looking grow though:good job:

18. ducrider

Damn Nip, I didn't have much success with my JB's either. I know I had an issue with low humidity that took it's toll on my first batch of sprouts. For what ever reason the JB's must be a bit more fragile & require a better gardner than I. Being only a few days into sexing at the moment so I can't evan say for sure the sole survivor is going to be a girly plant. Both the Lemon Thai and the Herijuana's are doing very well. I'ts going to be a full house so I really can't complain.

Guess OG just has the JB touch.:thumbsup:

Duc

19. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

One thing I noticed with Sannies gear is there require more attention...water basically.

You can't let them get the slightest bit dry or the leaves show it within hours.

I used to water 3 times a week, now I top off the things not in 5 gallons daily to avoid the problem.

My biggest bitch with the JB was all the males, I still have some beans left though, but all I need is one good female and I can fill a warehouse in a mth or two:5eek::kidding:

20. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

why not buy a paint roller... or use spray paint...save some time:roffl: