plants falling over

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by NUGZ, Aug 6, 2006.

1. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

so last nite when the lights came back on at midnite i went into my hydro hut to find one of my 7 ladies was tipped over onto the ground. this was probably the least top heavy of all my plants, i have had a fan on them since day 1.they are currently in 31 day of flower. i am having trouble finding a way to get them to stand back up. i don't know what to use to hold them up best. i used some super heavy duty twist tie type things. the next morning i woke up and another one of my ladies was tipped over, a different one this time. i twisted this one around so that the way it was leaning is the towards the other plants(using them for support). does any1 have any suggestions for keeping my ladies up right for the rest of the harvest? 3/7 of my plants are AK48 so they will be done in a lil over 2 weeks. i have a net on the way but i'm not sure how this would keep them up,would prolly have to play around a little bit to figure the net out. hopefully they will be upright tonight when i go to check on them. peace. nugz

2. wontstopthefunk

wontstopthefunk Germinated

i found a littl bit of string tied to the stem or however ud like to attatch it, works great for this.

3. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

ya buddy so i tie some string to the plant and then that will make it stand up? thanks for the great help. please refrain from posting answers that are completely worthless. that is one of the dumbest things i've heard in my life. any1 else have a better idea?

4. Spuddy

Spuddy Veggy Stage

cant you just shove a dowel in each pot and tie them up? that's all ive ever seen big time growers do (aside from tying a string to the plant and mounting it in the ceiling with an eye hook screw)

5. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

TRY A FUCKING PLANT STICK!!!! THEY "ARE" FOR HOLDING UP PLANTS WITH HEAVY TOPS N ALL..........

THATS THE THINGS I USE WHEN THE TOPS ARE HEAVY, OR THE PLANT JUST ISNT STRONG ENOUGH AS OF YET(SOMETIMES0

SO.........WHY NOT GIVE EM A GO, THEY WILL HELP!!!!("PLANT STICKS") THERE PLASTICK OR WOODEN(BAMBOO) AND ALL YA DFO IS PUT IT DOWN THROUGH THE SOIL OR THROUGH THE ROCKWOOL, FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE STEM AND STAND IT NEXT TO THE STEM OF THE POLANT/S THAT IS TOO HEAVY!!! AND OBVIOUSELY PUT IT AT THE SIDE THAT ITS LEANING TOWARD, FOR THE SUPPORT ON THE WEIGHT!!!

PEACE OUT

N KEEP GROWING.......

UrBigBuddie..........:cool: :D

6. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

so where do you guys find these plant sticks?? i've been looking all over for them. keep in mind they have to be about 3 feet tall atleast. peace. nugz

7. GMaNxD

GMaNxD California 215 Certified

if you want a big sturdy stick,

go to an arts n crafts store, like Michaels.

i saw several different diameter length sticks, plenty over 3 ft. tall. from like 1/18in diameter to like a inch, for however strong u want it

8. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

9. FatalGroWs

FatalGroWs Veggy Stage

You can fine HPS grow lights, special soils, ferts and hell the knowledge to go weed but you can't find a straight piece of wood to hold your plant up? :D

10. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

i was just looking for some advice on a good easy way to keep them upright.i was kinda surprised to even see them tipped over since i've had a fan on them since day 1. take a chill pill buddy.i just thought some people would have some better ideas on ways i could keep them upright. peace. nugz

11. FatalGroWs

FatalGroWs Veggy Stage

Sorry for the wording ... it was a joke NugZ :cool:

12. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

it's cool man, sometimes i just have a brain freeze and get really frustrated when i can't figure out how to do something. so i figured i'd ask. i make the easiest things so difficult sometimes. thanks for the humor fatal. peace. nugz

13. Dport1976

Dport1976 Germinated

my 1st grow was big bud and they all fell over, i tried using chop sticks in the soil and shit, all that did was piss me off. finally i tied string to hooks on all sides of the room and made a lil grid.(my room is a half bathroom) worked like a charm. then again all my plants are in arms reach

14. LongTimeToker

LongTimeToker Veggy Stage

Nugs man are you talking the container and all are falling over. If so plant sticks won't help as the stick will still be in the container. I believe you are saying that. If so he was talking about tieing the string to an adjacent wall in maybe 3 different spots like each corner or something and that will help. It's like trying to stop a tall flag pole or something from tipping OK

Good Luck Nuggs

15. ontheisland

ontheisland Veggy Stage

Have you considered going to HD and possibly constructing a homemade grow ladder? Saw it in a video on growing MJ and it looked really simple but effective and easy to build to scale based on the number of plants u got. Its basically two pcs of wood for vertical support and you add a horizontal bar across as the plant grows.

I know, I know......straight pcs of sticks probably work best, easier to use and are cheaper.........ok, ok.....nevermind, forget I said anything.

16. mike

mike Veggy Stage

As mine growing from seeds I usely tie them down some. That plus the fan makes there steams stronger. Bigger stalks bigger budz

17. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

i did exactly what u are saying dport. tied string to all 4 corners and then made a grid keeping them all inside the 3x3 area. seems to work very well, peace. nugz

18. greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny Excommunicated

Ya know something simpler than all of these described ways. Is to get some trellace netting like I use. You can get it at any decent hydro supply store or any nursery. It evens out your canopy and keeps your plants from falling over and snapping branches when you develope them big donkey dicks. Better for hydro, being in dirt you have the luxery of sticking a bamboo plant stick in the dirt.

19. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

i just bought some bamboo sticks and got some trellis netting, which do you think would be better? you think trellis netting would be effective in soil, i grow in a hydrohut so the net could be attatched at all four corners the the poles. i will have 2 experiment. starting out from mid veg through harvest would probably work the best with trellis netting- would have to do alot of training of the plants in and around the netting. don't know if it would be worth it to put it on only 3 weeks away and some plants will be done in 2 weeks. peace. nugz