How to get rid of flies?

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Canada_Dry, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Canada_Dry

Canada_Dry Developed Alternating Nodes

Hello,

I am about to start bubblicious and purple power in my old grow area. Upon inspecting it today I have noticed about 100 flies that wern't there before :p. Whats a good way to get rid of these multiplying green flies?

Thanks,

CD

2. LongTimeToker

LongTimeToker Veggy Stage

Well you could

:eek: Since you have not started yet you could just use some insecticide. Make sure you dispose of anything organic in the room such as food. Those flies are there for a reason. :( You must have some food or procreation source in there for them that you may not know about like a dead rat or something.

3. Canada_Dry

Canada_Dry Developed Alternating Nodes

damn and I threw a banana peel in the corner about 5 months ago when I was growing to make the bugs go after it instead of my buds. Maybe thats what caused it. I am gonna try fly paper before anything else but I doubt it will yeild good results.

4. LongTimeToker

LongTimeToker Veggy Stage

Short Life Span

Hey man, I wouldn't worry about flies that much. They won't bother your plants at all just annoy the shit out of you. They only have like a week life span so if they can't lay eggs you won't have them long. A fly flap works well too.

5. mbwiseguy

mbwiseguy Begun Flowering

you threw a banana peel in the corner for real? are you kidding?

put one next to your head while you sleep at night and leave it there for 5 months and see how well you do

6. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

MBWise.....ROFLMAO!! :p

...gotta love stoners!!

Look.... if you wanted to eat lunch outside...would you sit next to a trash can?? Ummm no cuz you would be eaten alive by flies & maybe stung by a bee. ;)

Peace~JG

7. Stalwart

Stalwart Germinated

Uh the no pest strips are about 5-7 bucks and will keep your grow room clear of all insects. I mean these are good for a bout 200 sq ft each. And they persist up to six months.

8. mike

mike Veggy Stage

I just use Seven Tec on a rag or peace of clouth and hang it in the same room. It seems to keep most and all of any kind or type of insects down. It doesnt say it works on those spider mites but it must. Cause it works on all other kinds of mites. It comes in a red spray botol ready to use. Good Luck with your grow.