Please help.

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by killahkush, Aug 8, 2006.

1. killahkush

killahkush Veggy Stage

Ive been having a little problem with some of my plants, some of the lower leaves, not many but like 3 or 4 leaves on each plant have little yellowish brownish spots in them and have for some time, there have been these little tiny flys but there used to be a lot more then there are now but there are still a few but there aren’t many of them either but I’m wondering what they are and what I can do to get rid of them. Also I started bring down one of my plants to take a pic of it but it started to bend and lean sort of like plants can get when they are thirsty but I know that that’s not what it is or at least it shouldn’t be because I’ve watered all my plants today. It may have something to do with me putting the fan on it today though, I haven’t had my fan on them for a couple weeks because I was starting smaller plants and it blew them over last time I did. Could that be it? Like I said it was fine today and then I put the fan on it and then awhile after that I was bringing it in to take a pic but then it was really leaning over.

Thanks for any help.

2. killahkush

killahkush Veggy Stage

Forgot to post the pics of the leaves.

Copy (1) of Picture 295.jpg

Copy (1) of Picture 296.jpg

/monthly_2006_08/57a6c90a3e62f_Copy(1)ofPicture295.jpg.98c53a9d607cc9fadabf958df3d1f77b.jpg

/monthly_2006_08/57a6c90a44f80_Copy(1)ofPicture296.jpg.69304d1690bb56164958bdaac693ace0.jpg

3. bigcfrombigd

bigcfrombigd Germinated

Check for spider mites. I have only seen leaves like that with mites. Spots and all. And check how they are curling. Tobacco, cayenne and soap mixture and spray or bomb with commercial spray. IMHO. PEACE! :)

4. Mr.Dope

Mr.Dope Master Grower Of The Kind

Yeah just go to a garden center or you local store.. Make sure you read the label before you buy. Make sure it includes for spidermites.

5. Stalwart

Stalwart Germinated

Ole Spidy isn't easy to to kill. I've always found the predatory mites to work impeccably well I mean they will keep killin spidy til they can't find any more and I mean they will die then so they are very certain to irradicate the pest.

6. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Hers 1 option for ya ma man...... take the whole plant out of its home=pot, and keeping everything INTACT, is a must!, lol, get the roots at the bottom of the plant sprayed with water(luke warm, preferably) and wash away ALL the soil n anything you can see from the previous set-up,soil,nutes, ect.......

Then once washed away repot and try braking the bank a LITTLE ma man.lol, and get some GOOD DEACENT soil, and re-pot into that, but make sure ALL leaves at bottom, are pruned rite OFF the plant ALL together..... as they'l jump from 1 to the NEXT leaf!!! (their little fuckers these mites)..

Anyway, then when done that,(after putting you plant back into some "GOOD" soil), flush the soil with the plant in it, allowing the plant to get more easily used to the NEW GOOD soil, and (of course easier for plant= not so bad stress in re-potting), so try that out and ALL should, i quote, "SHOULD" be FINE n dandy , n your PLANT will gow on n on till its allll done n finished and everyone is nice n happy........ :D (SERIOUSLY MA MAN)

Anyway again..........

PEACE OUT N KEEP GROWING!!!!

P.S, remember, this is one suggestion of a few that can be used), but trim/prune those leaves off NOW!!!!!)

Any help needed, never hesitate to ask for any other help i may be able to help with.........

UrBigBuddie..........:cool: :D

P.S.S, (Even try n see what your nutes are doing to the plant too , just to make sure, "it IS mites", ect , and NOT, a "NUTE BURN" of some kind or sort!!!) CHECK THAT 1 OUT MA MAN....( i would)...peace out!!!:cool:

7. killahkush

killahkush Veggy Stage

There are some pests though that fly around, I’m not sure exactly what spider mites look like but if they cant fly, if they jump from the bottom branches up then I’m not sure if thats what it is because like I said there are little flys but not many. I was looking at a site where I found my fertz and it had some pest control but it said you have to spray the pests directly for it to work but I’ve never seen any of them really on the leaves or plant just flying around and sitting on the wall but when they are I usually get most of the flys with something, so are the little flys spider mites or something else, would it be spider mites and another pest?

Thanks again for all the help and replys.

8. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

NOW= suggetion no#2...lol...., well , now youve told us that, i can now add "ANOTHER" ,lol,

(Apart from the fact that rinsing the whole plant with a hose, aswel as what i offered before iff these little fuckers can fly!!!), BUT,........

Iff they "DO" fly, the "AREA" you are growing in, could actually be the worst problem in that case.......

You would have to re-set "EVERYTHING", or just take everything out , and make sure everything IS cleaned TOTALLY, and the soil, the plant, the trimming of the leaves, and some bloody spray that u can put down n around that GROWING area , and let it lay there and KEEP the REST of these fucking flying mites!!!!

(Thats what "ID" MOST likely do myself!!!)

Anyway.....

PEACE OUT

n any help needed, just ask(il HELP iff i can)

UrBigBuddie.........:cool: :D

P.S, ALSO= I did think the NUTES may have a little part in this damage/damaging, of the plant/s, too.......:confused:

9. mike

mike Veggy Stage

I use GardenTech Sevin (Ready-To-Use) type. Works on vegetables, fruits, ornamentals, flowers, and trees. It does not say for spider mites. But it says it works on other kinds of mites. So make sure it works on spider mites first.