nitro lockout late in flower

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by nippie, Feb 5, 2013.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I got some Blue Lady in week 10 right now going through nitro lockout...all fans are yellowing and dropping off.

What the hell would cause this, this late? PH is fine everything is good, two plants same mom, only one effected

Any suggestions, should i even try to do anything at this point?

I'm about to start flushing, but I didn't want to damage quality

2. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

If everything is the same between the two plants I would suspect that you have the perlite sludge in the bottom of the bucket or some kind of microbe build up. If it were me and it was in ten weeks I would not worry about it too much because no matter what you do it probably is not going to change your final outcome at this late stage.

3. nippie

Thanks MG, I kinda figured it was to late to try anything anyways

will all the leaves dropping so early effect anything? I'm prob going to flush tonight as trichs are starting to turn amber

4. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

That late in flower the leaves should start turning yellow anyway, shouldnt they?

5. nippie

Yes, but this is a lockout, you can tell from exper there's a problem, just don't know what it is.

They aren't just yellowing, but falling off in droves...almost overnight

Different plant same mom is starting to yellow, but not like this....they have at least 2 more weeks til ready, but that time I wont even have to trim :) ....but this can't be a good thing

6. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Dam nip! 14 weeks? You have way more patience than I do. Must be a great sativa.

7. Midnight Garden

Nip, can you grab the plant by the stalk and gently lift it out of the bucket to smell the root zone?

8. nippie

I'll see what I can smell....72 days of flower...guessing at least 5-6 on her maybe more and shes scrogged...this will not be an easy task

JR...blue lady runs the gambit on flowering...some/most are 10 weeks or so, this pheno is a hella long one for some reason...but hoping she's worth it as I killed off the other pheno...this one is much heavy and frostier....doesn't smell like blueberry though

9. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

how bout running 5 gallons of fresh water mixed with an entire bottle of store bought peroxide.......the 3% type

Just pour the entire amount thru the plant pot

10. nippie

Actually I was thinking about using peroxide 29% at 10 mls per gallon....what's your thoughts on that because I'm about to leave in a few to do my duty and tend to the garden

Was going to flush anyways....peroxide aint going to effect the flush will it? I don't think I'd use it last week of plants life, but you think two weeks out is ok?.. I know it's gotta be something going on, just can't see the roots you know...it's not the normal changing of the leaves

11. Midnight Garden

Yeah, I think I'd go with the peroxide too.

12. nippie

hit them with peroxide..hopefully that stops what ever is going on

13. CCrete

The 29% is HARDCORE stuff, be careful with your amounts, you can kill in seconds with that shit

Its almost impossible to create adverse effects with the 3%....mixed with 5 gal is a good ratio/mix and if done 2 times a week besides the regular feedings, it should keep down the funk and open up the pipes again

14. nippie

Hopefully all is well,what's done is done now...... yea I've burned the shit out of myself with 29% many of times...specially if you don't noticed it at first and let it sit on your skin.

Would root rot effect quality this late in the game? What could cause rot in hempy?

15. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

try a Cal Mag

I'm going to tell you this I have a strain it always yellows halfway through flour and when I started using advanced Nutrients sensi cal grow and bloom it was the first time my favorite plant stayed green all the way until I flushed

16. CCrete

Ive outperformed a AN grow which was around a $400-450 nutes value, with $30 of GH, same table setups, same rooms....AN is total HYPE

I think Michael Jackson poured the 29% all over himself to turn white

17. nippie

:roffl::roffl:

As for AN, a local shop is ran by a former AN rep...he'll tell you AN is full of shit, but he states it will out perform GH if you use his recipe...not what AN says

To me, a sales rep is still a sales rep, I trust proven results. I used to use FoxFarms until I opened my eyes

18. SpecialEd420

SpecialEd420 Full Flowering

flora nova!

19. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

Advanced Nutrients isn't for everybody

When I ran the stuff I got 3 pounds per light. as far as cheap can't beat general. I was suggesting a calcium lockout anyway By the way I wasn't using advanced nutrients otherwise I woulda been using SensiCal because I never had that issue when I ren straight advanced nutrients. your cannabis plants will not need a calmgmag if you use advanced nutrients exclusively

Andy as far as spending 400 dollars on a grow I wish I could get off that easy I run8 1k lights so I don't care what kind of nutrients you're using you going to spend more than 400 dollars

20. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I switched from my canna nutes to the Advanced nutes, the PH perfect one to. I ran into Cal def problems and other issues. I never could seem to get them dialed in to the stuff. I switched back to the Canna Substra Vega A 4-0-2 and B 1-2-4 two part formula for veg.

For Flowering I use the Canna Substra Flores A 3-0-3 and B 1-3-5 two part formula for flowering and add Canna Boost Accelerator 0-1-1 also for flowering.

After I switched back my problems when away. Love the Canna. :redbong: