Need some advice

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by hammeish, Feb 16, 2006.

1. hammeish

hammeish Germinated

my plants are about a week old some bigger than others wich im sure is normal they have nine leaves on them and i think the first node is where im at they are green and look healthy im growing in a bathtub with a 400 watt hps system water on my own every nite i have 6 pots about 3 to 4 gallon size wise the new leaves or first node i hope is looking good on 4 of them is there a way i can make them female or do i have to wait and see and about when should i expect the second node:confused:

2. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

You have to wait and see. Some strains show sex in veg....along the lines of 5-6 weeks, but most tend to hide their sex until flowering - about a week or so in. Other than keeping stress levels low, I'm not sure how to boost the female/male ratio, if there is even a way (other than starting out with feminized seeds, but even that is not 100%)

3. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Sex ... Um Yes I'll take two.... Thanx

Yep the age old question.

I found that knowing the strain helps.

I like to watch how long root development takes in seedling stage sometinmes the females seem to linger longer where the males shoot up a bit faster.

Some folks clone and sex the clone or the parent. Once they know the sex they grow the female. ;)

4. Confused420

Confused420 Full Flowering

i was reading a book by ed rosenthal and it said that you can tell with about 85% accuracy from how the first little root comes out ot the seed it said that if it comes out the side it is one or if it comes out the end it is the other but i can't remember witch is witch and my friend took the book when i can get the book back i will let yall know what it says.

5. Oxycotin

Oxycotin Full Flowering

i heard that ed guy was a tard, after hearing that i wouldn't doubt it. thats gotta be total bullshit theres no way that could be true.

6. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

I hardly think he is a "tard." And hardly do I think you have any credible sources to "hear" anything from that would validate your assumptions. I would have to say that Ed Rosenthal has to know volumes more than you in marijuana cultivation. However, I do concur, that it sounds like bullshit. But that doesn't make him a tard.