shielding ballasts

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by bigbudztoo, Dec 22, 2010.

1. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Hi all,

My 600 watt HID electronic ballast is screwing with my TV's picture quality, causing some snow in the picture. What is a good ,hopefully cheap way of of shielding against the RF interference and where would i obtain the necessary stuff to do so ?

All input gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance

BBT

2. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

http://www.smarthome.com/4845ACF/ACT-AF120-15-Amp-Plug-In-Noise-Filter/p.aspx

3. bigbudztoo

Thanks man. I had not even thought along that line.

Simple solutions are the best.

Budz:anibong::anibong::anibong:

4. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

interesting. I was reading not long ago that some of the ballast cords are not shielded properly that are on some of them. Also something about emi emissions on the components.

Teamster6

5. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

emi = pita

6. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

If your tv is plugged in through a cable line, check under the house to see if it is running close to any electrical wiring. Most of the time something running in one room shouldn't screw with something in another, and it is usually a line crossing another.

7. bigbudztoo

My grow room is on its own circuit but lines from the other circuits do run through the shop. Funny, it just seems to be the 600 watt light that messes with the TV. The 1000 and the 400 can be on and not jack up the tv picture.

You have me wondering bout the ballast cord thing now.

Thanks

BBT:anibong::anibong::anibong:

8. bigbudztoo

Shit, that could part of it too. The cable does come behind the bed and there are some electrical cords back there.

will check it out.... when I ain't quite this stoned:alienwink:

BBT:anibong::anibong::anibong:

9. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Shit man, sometimes just the cords being next to each other can cause it. Ran a modem line behind a fridge one time and couldn't figure out why the internet wasn't working. It was the fucking fridge (after hours of testing shit).