Master kush grow

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Grown in Tx., Mar 14, 2011.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Got 3 seeds sprouted that came from the attitude, just from everyones experience whats the best method for this strain? I plan on using uselless' 3 part. I got 1,3 and 5 gallon buckets and

lids for all. I'm curently doing dwc in tubs. I got an ass load of hydroton clay pellets for the medium. Just wondering which directions y'all would go with these materials, rdwc in buckets, dwc in tubs, hempy or make a rdwc with controller and res. I read in a thread that someone had a bucket in each corner light in the middle of the room, gettin 1/4 lb off each plant. that sounds like the shit to me. I got picks to post of germ, and sprouts I plan on 1 set of picks a week throughout the grow. The first one sprouted in 3 days

2. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

Me too

I've got a MK in it's 6th week of flower right now but she's growing in soil. She can take nutrients with the best of 'em. I'm using Miracle Gro at about 3/4 strength per gallon. I accidently overfed on MG and a few extra waterings before the next feeding and she was already yellowing a bit. That tells me that she probably could have gone full strength so that means she has the ability to feed like a mutherfucker!

I don't know how that translates in hydro or hempy like it sounds like you have but it would mean that mistakes could be made and this plant can forgive fairly easily. She also had a bit longer vegitation than I've had lately; 5 1/2 weeks. I know that some phenotypes differ slightly and I have a different growing medium but you can check out my pics in my gallery of how she could look with the right TLC. It's in "My 6th Grow" Album. Peace.

3. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Mk is a nitrogen HOG

Ive run 2 crops of MK so far Tex. I run soil with shrimp compost and bat guano and use Botanicare PBP series nutes. MK eats like a bottomless pit! She also falls into deficiencies quite easily if you neglect any micros. She loves N and needs a regular dose of cal-mag. So long as you keep ur pH in check, she`ll love everything you give her. Love to see some pics. Keep us posted

4. Grown in Tx.

Thanks b.p. Yeah I felt kinda silly posting that right above your thread. I hope I get those kind of results. How big were they when you flowered them? Thats pretty impressive those results with m.g. and c.f.l.'s.

Jessie thanks for the input, i'll be watching for those def's. That sounds like a sweet recipe you mix up. I got pics to upload, all 3 are sprouted.

5. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

Check this....

Aw, it's not a problem about the posting. Aint no thang. She was about knee high when she was ready for flower and I didn't wait for her to droop before I gave her nutes like I usually do because I read that she was a big feeder so at about the same time I put her on 12/12 I was giving her nutes also; especially since she was feminized from Nirvana.

I thought she was a hermie but it turns out that she's a full female. I over reacted when I first saw her preflowers and decided too early that they were ballz and that I was going to do my best to stamp out all the male sex appendages but since I destroyed the so-called offenders (that were growing down the main stalk and nowhere else) there hasen't been any sign of any male sex appendages and she's flowering beautifully. I think that I acted too quickly and I'm really glad that I didn't just snatch her up out of frustration from shelling out extra money for feminized beans and getting hermies.

So if you run into the same thing with your particular genotype of Master Kush I would advise just waiting untill you are 100% sure that you're dealing with ballz. I don't know if it did any harm by doing what I did (I was told that it probably didn't) but don't cull untill it's official. Peace.

6. Grown in Tx.

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Love my Master Kush! Cute little things you got going there. If they're like mine, they will like a good amount of N and P during their transition to 12/12. Mine liked lots of bloom food. If you're lucky you'll get something like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:thumbs-up:

:passsit:

:popcorn-2:

8. Grown in Tx.

DAAAMN Ras, that shit made my teeth hurt it was so sugar coated!

what was the method you used to grow that? sounds like every thing goes pretty smooth till flower, I guess as long as i use a bloom booster I'll be o.k.

9. Grown in Tx.

I'm pretty sure I lost one of the 3. I watered them cuz the 1.5 inch rockwool cubes were getting dry,i guess I should have squeezed 'em to get rid of extra water? almost lost a second, but it stood back up.

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Those were grown in soil, all organic. I used General Organics nutrients. Great White Mycorrhizae. The buds were great but I had a slight P deficiency early on and couldn't correct it, and I think my yields suffered because of it. I had those colors coming on too early. They should have stayed greener until later in flower and turned colors during the flush.

11. Grown in Tx.

well i lost that second one of the 3. it is still standing but the little leafs shrivelled up yest. I'm gonna give it a couple more days to see what it does before i pull it. I gently split the rockwool cube yesterday to see what the roots were doing, the tap root had little hairs starting to grow off of it, so I geltly closed the rockwool back around it and put it back in the net pot with hydroton around it. we'll see what happenes

but the third one is fine, I put it on week one of U's gh 3 part yesterday.

it's been about 3 weeks since they germinated. I'm not sure what i could have done wrong. all i can hope for is that it's a female.

12. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

im that guy, i run a 4 pot rdwc in a 4x4 room a 1k hangin in the middle, average bout 1lb to 1.5lb strain dependant

13. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

build an aero cloner, 100% success in 10 days or so, never lose a clone and gain an extra harvest every year, maybe 2 by cutting down on the waiting game of rooting a clone

14. Grown in Tx.

thanks criss. do you top 'em once and use a 4 week veg time? this is what I was planning on doing. last grow I did not top them and ended up with 4 foot plants, which is not a bad thing, but alot of extra time, and trying to keep up with the nutes that 5 plants in one 25 gal tub uses was a bitch I think I should have changed the nute solution twice a week. I'm gonna try the buckets again just seems a little easier.

15. Grown in Tx.

Update

The one plant that survived turned out to be female. She is now in her 6th week of flowering, she has looked good the whole time no leaf curling (claw). A couple leaf tips burnt but i'm still tryin to get useless's formula dialed in for 5 gallons or less at time. Seems like it's gonna be a light yield for some reason. she's about 18" tall 2 main stems. It seems like I read in somewhere about M.K. being a 10 week strain? Hopefully someone can clear that up for me. If not i'll start flushing next week. Maybe i'll just go by the 80% red hairs. If it needs more time i'll let it go another week or so.

16. Deadweed

Deadweed My Plants 2 weeks Flower

Damn those seedlings are really stretching for light, how far are the lights from the plants and what kind of lights you using? Other than that they looking good :flyy:

17. Grown in Tx.

For cloning and seedlings I use 2- 75w cfl's. About 4" above the plants

18. Grown in Tx.

She's starting to put on some weight, gonna give her 7th week nutes (U's formula) today and start a 10 day flush wed. Hopefully she really fills out in the next few days. The second gen. is doing real good , i'm pretty excited about that one. Hopefully get a couple o's off 1 plant for the first time. Even if she stays small and only gives up 1 oz, that would be the best i've had 1 plant do goin by the plant size.

19. Grown in Tx.

Growth has seemed to slow a little again on the original female. She's got 2 more days of ferts before the 10 day flush. I'm waiting to see how much she grows if any during that flush period. The #2 generation is is really bushed out and has flowers everywhere. By far the best looking plant I have flowered. She's only grown about 5" taller since I flowered her, but is about 8" wide all the way around

20. Grown in Tx.

Man has she has frosted up, the buds have filled out in the last couple days. That 2nd gen is a freakin beast its got small little pinky nail size flowers everywere starting to get crystals.