Using a loupe

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by WillGrow4Food, Apr 1, 2009.

1. WillGrow4Food

WillGrow4Food Toker Extraordinaire

I recently bought the 60x-100x microscope from radio shack. The thing has been pretty cool so far, but I was wondering how everyone else is using theirs.

Obviously it takes something stable to place the loupe on, and it has to be dead close to the buds.

What are some things you are using to get the loupe stable, yet close enough to the buds. My shaky hand has given me quick glimpses of the trichs but nothing serious.

Also I am going to be taking photos using it eventually, so does anyone out there have good designs for keep the camera and microscope steady, or do you just use a really fast shutter speed?:eusa_eh:

TheCarpenter likes this.
  2. WillGrow4Food

WillGrow4Food Toker Extraordinaire

ahh double post! any mods out there feel free to delete.

Sorry lol

3. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Deja Vu......it happens when they change things.

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Off to never never land :raygunx:

I'm glad you asked that question as I have often wondered the same thing.

What I've done is the past with my radio shack special is take a little snip off one of the little tiny trich covered leaves near the top of the bud and put it on the table with the loupe over top. It works okay, but a decent quality microscope would be awesome.

5. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Ya want to cut a leaf/part of bud off the plant and put it on a white table and then look.

6. skunkrnaught

skunkrnaught Flying magic hemp carpet

Choker it seems really mean to cut off a leaf for examination. LOL:rofl:

7. mr.anonymous

mr.anonymous What to grow next is hard

Thats how I do it to. You will never keep your hand stabble enough. You only need a piece a leaf about 1/16" to an 1/8" with trich on it,to do it. So you really not hurting anything.