foxfarm nute question

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by MagicalForestofMarijuana, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Im a little confused with the foxfarm feeding schedual listed on their website. (http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/SoilSystems_FF_Feed.pdf) Are the Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom suspost to be used together or seperately? In other words, should I use Tiger Bloom one week and Big Bloom the next or can they be combined in the same water? If they are combined in the same water then do I need to reduce the amount used for each or is amount listed okay? (2 tsp tiger, 1 tbl big bloom per gal.) Thanks!

2. SpecialEd420

SpecialEd420 Full Flowering

you want to just read the schdule first and understand that , you want to use half what ff says at first.at first you just use Big bloom once yo uget the schdule figured out youll get it

3. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

MFM, when the feeding chart indicates using Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom (on the same line), that means you put them BOTH into your water.

use the exact amount given on the chart. there's no need to reduce the amount they specify. :)

the schedule may seem weird, but trust me, it works! :punk:

4. marymaryquitecntrary

the chart you are looking at is for SOIL grows. be sure to use the one for HYDRO if you are growing in water. :D

5. That's the answer i was looking for, Thank you!

6. atthecrackofDawn

atthecrackofDawn Germinated

marymaryquitecntrary Don't you need to be concerned about the micronutrients in your water (if you're using tap that is)? I'm using the FoxFarm line and have been going by their soil feeding schedule since I put mine into flowering, which was 27 days ago.

My local hydro shop owner told me that with the micronutrients that are already in my water, that I should cut the recommended dosage by 1/4 of what the FF schedule says, since my tap water already contains some of what is in the nutes... I don't want nute burn.

Do you have any learned knowledge about this? I know that if you're using reverse osmosis, purified water, etc., this isn't an issue. But, if you can shed some growing knowledge "light" on this, I'd truly appreciate it!!

7. marymaryquitecntrary

learned knowledge? you mean from a book or something? i am only going by my 5 years of experience using FF nutes (all hydro).

the water i'm using right now is purified by r/o, as my tap water contains too much chlorine at the moment.

when i first started growing, i used the amount called for on the back of the FF bottle, and i burned my plants.

then i used 1/3 of what it called for on the bottle, and my plants weren't getting enough nutes. how do i know? because they weren't that beautiful, healthy green that they are now that i follow the FF feeding schedule.

that's how i "learned". :D