Flushing/Curing for Optimal Smell

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by troy_mccular, Oct 2, 2007.

1. troy_mccular

troy_mccular Begun Flowering

I do not want that dead grass or hay smell from my plants. How can I avoid this! I'm running 3.5 gal DWC, three bubble stones a bucket, with Fox Farms nuts& RO water, 1000 watt HPS. I'm about 3 weeks away, and don't want to fuck this up again. Thanks

2. LowRydr

LowRydr Veggy Stage

everybody says a week minimum from flush to harvest but i've done it as little as only 3 days (soil/outdoors) and didnt notice. but you might as well do it for a week if you are in a controlled environment. the idea is to consume last of the nutes and deplete the chlorophyll in the leaves.

dont rush the drying....do it slowly. two weeks air dry then cure in mason jars for 30 days. or try the 'water cure' method. never did it but it supposed to work!

3. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

Like he said, let all that moisture chlorophil and crap dry out. Don't rush to the jar. I read someone on here a while ago say; when its too dry to cure, its ready to cure, I found that much smart. I don't want to smoke hay, either.

4. troy_mccular

I plane on flushing for at least a week with nothing but RO water. After I cut it down to buds I hang it up in a cool/dry/dark place for 2 weeks. Then they go into an air tight container so the inside moister of the bud come out a little more ? Is this correct? Shouldn't I be able to smell the bud the whole process? Or not have that dead grass smell.

5. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

curing..

That's kinda how I do it, but I open the jars every day to let the gases out. It smells like hay(loss of better term) for the first couple of days until all the chemicals break down and whatnot, and then it starts smelling more like nugs and less like rabbit food. It burns really smooth and tastes just like it smells when it's fresh, so I've always been satisfied with that method. But it's all a personal choice!

6. troy_mccular

So, my weed will smell good before I cut, then smell like grass or hay during the drying process; and sometime during the curing process the smell will come back. I want to get this down this time. Thanks

7. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

8. ccc

ccc Veggy Stage

i probably sound like a parrot with this but i did a water cure and i'm quite pleased. it's a pretty visible process too, which i always like... the smell and flavor are fully intact...