meters

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Confused420, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Confused420

Confused420 Full Flowering

i am looking into buying a ppm / ph meter what is a good kind to get and what should i expect to pay?

i don't really know what the best is so i want to ask i don't want to get ripped off and pay too much for a poor quality meter so any advice is appricated.

2. Widowmaker

Widowmaker Guest

Good meters

I recently bought my Ph/TDS/EC meter and did some research first. For my setup, a continuos meter works best. The probes stay in my reservior and I can check the levels at any time. The one I bought is called the Hanna GroChek. At Better Grow Hydro I only paid 139.95 for it. That's 50.00 less than the local grow store or any other website I could find. It has worked great. Also, I find the continuous setup nice because you can store the probes in jars of storage liquid between grows and never have to worry about the glass drying up.

Here's a link to the meter. This site has tons of others, some with more features if you want.

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Itemdesc.asp?ic=TEMCOHACL2&eq=&Tp=

Good luck!

3. GhostDog

GhostDog Begun Flowering

Oakton is the best. they are 80dollars. hannah is maybe second to oakton. but for continuous read meters milwaukee brand is the best

4. greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny Excommunicated